Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-14, 15:30

Plan: ketogenic/VLC
Stats: 522/456/399 Female 5'11''
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default I need clothing advice from TDC and DTDCers please!

Hello everyone! This isn't really a weight loss question, I just need some fashion advice.

I am a very large, very tall, oddly proportioned woman. I am long legged and bottom heavy... large hips, thighs etc with a much smaller waist. I have worked in the medical field forever so I could always get away with scrubs. I had also found a decent pair of slacks that stretched but were a thicker, stiffer material so it hid bumps and flaws like a dream but of course they have been discontinued and I have had no luck on sites like ebay.

Anyway, I have 2 new jobs, fairly casual jobs, jeans and T-shirts are ok. One is at a school and one is book keeping for a ranch. Anyway, I don't want to wear dresses all the time but have a hard time finding jeans that fit me correctly, aren’t super thin and stretchy to show everything, or don’t stretch out and hang off me 3/4 of the day. I have found a pair of pants that I love, they are comfy for playing with the kiddos and walking around the ranch. I have not felt so good in pants in a long time. The problem is they are technically sweat pants! They are a straight leg, thicker and stiffer than other sweats. I am thinking about trying to wear them to work with a nicer sweater and cute boot and hope no one notices they are sweats. They are nicer looking pants imo than anything I have worn so far.

What do you guys think? Can I pull these off as “real” pants?

If not, do you have any advice of how to find forgiving, comfortable, afordable pants in a very big and tall size?

http://media.plussizetech.com/woman...235_mc_0522.jpg
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-14, 17:30
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Those pants look nice as long as the rest of the pieces you wear with them kind of dress them up a bit.

Do you enjoy wearing big shirts layered over light weight knit tops? I do that a lot and did it that way too before I lost the weight.

The only super size stores I know of are Lane Bryant and The Avenue. I used to work for The Avenue and I know they carry super sizes.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-14, 17:59

BF:

Thank you so much Judy! I plan to dress them up! I do lots of cardigans of camis or knit tops. I always try to look nice and always get compliments but I was just having a hard time wrapping my head around wearing "sweat pants" lol. I love Lane Bryant, Catherines and The Avenue. Lane bryant is who was carrying the slacks I love but they disscontinued them and the rest of their tall pants dont fit. Avenue and Catherines are very limited on tall pants and are usualy not tall enough incorrectly proportioned. I can wear them but they look horrible and feel horrible. Thank you so much I just needed someone to reaassure me!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-14, 18:30

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

I think the pants look quite nice though can't see the fabric too well. But I used to wear similar pants a lot at my top weight, and I worked in a tech job where dress was "business casual". But I wore dressy shoes, nice tops, jewelry. I never had any complaints about the way I was dressed, and I was nice and comfy too!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-14, 09:29

Plan: DANDR 2002
Stats: 432/180/200 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 109%

The pic while nice def' shows that is sweat pants.

If HR allows you to wear sweatpants then i would go for for it. If not then personally i would not because it only takes one person to notice them and may take it up to HR esp' those that have the mentality of "if that person can wear it then why can't i?".

Maybe look for those denim sweat pants like the link below. While they are sweats they really do look like denim jeans so maybe they will be easier to pull off.
http://www.kingsizedirect.com/large...s&ppos=5&Splt=0
http://www.kingsizedirect.com/large...=1&StyleNo=8290

Last edited by Maori : Mon, Oct-06-14 at 09:40.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-14, 15:22

BF:

Thank you guys so much! I am sure no one will care. I know one job for sure will be ok, the other one should be fine too. I am excited to try the denim sweatpants! If they are thicker like sweats that would be awesome! I just hate how thin denim is these days! Thanks again!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-14, 10:34

Plan: VLC/Carnivore
Stats: 369/301/299 Female 5'9"
BF:too much.
Progress: 97%

I know some other sites that sell extended sizes if you want to peruse. You may get lucky on sale stuff as the mid sizes tend to sell quickly but smallest and largest are usually more available

Try Ulla Popken, Woman Within or Junonia.

Ulla Popken - has some extended sizes, up to 6X, or sz 38W.
Woman Within - has some up to 5X, or size 44W
Junonia goes up to 6X - women's sz 38/40W.

HTH, clothing can be so frustrating