Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Jun-22-09, 07:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 194/178.0/135 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 27%

Dfrost,
Hey there. I learned about M/E the hard way too! Just up the fat content on the things that you are eating. Use butter or oil when you cook eggs, meat on the stove. Cut back on the salad or out completely until you see results and just add some bacon or another small portion of fatty meat or eggs as a side dish. I know, it sounds disgusting especially now that it's hot outside, but believe me, the fat will actually help you lose weight. I used to buy packaged beefsteaks at Sams Club, you know the chopped up kind for philly cheesesteaks, and cook those up two at a time for lunch. Tons of fat left over but I just poured it over the meat...gross, yes, but ya know what? I lost ten pounds in a week and didn't have cravings. And I've kept those ten pounds off to this day despite yo yoing here and there. In fact, I'm about to go back to that beefsteak stuff this week. If the low carb thing is working for you, believe me, the higher fat content/low to no carbs will speed up the weight loss. Keep drinking water and take a vit supplement too. I also add a potassium caplet as well due to leg cramps...whatever works!

Good luck!!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Jun-30-09, 16:55

Plan: Atkins(OWL)
Stats: 174/161.8/125 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 25%

I have been doing the meat and egg fast for 6 days now. I had been stalled for about 6 weeks on Atkins so I thought I would give it a try. I am having a very hard time consuming more than about 800 calories a day. Now I feel very weak, dizzy and sick to my stomach. Has anyone else experienced this? Do you have any suggestions?
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Jul-08-09, 12:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (post WLS)
Stats: 384/226/195 Female 189 cm
BF:
Progress: 84%

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...6&page=40&pp=15 I think this is the longest thread on here about the M&E fast. It is very interesting and informative. Anyone who wants to try it, would have all their questions answered by it. One of the posters on there also gives a link to another place discussing the same topic with slightly different rules I think http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/l...osses-here.html
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Nov-25-10, 19:59

Plan: atkins
Stats: 136.4/128.5/110 Female 157
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hi, i'm on the meat and egg fast diet for 6 days and have lost about 5.5lbs and a couple of inches. I've stalled about 2 months previously on atkins diet (even when i'm consuming around 30g carbs). I'm suspecting it could be hidden carbs or food triggers that cause the stall.

I'm planning to do it for 7 days but now i'm quite apprehensive. I'm afraid that the weight loss will bound back. Should i extend it longer? Any suggestions?

In addition, is it advisable to do a 3 day meat fast and 4 days normal low carb? Will it lose the effect?

Thanks in advance.
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Jan-30-11, 03:38

Plan: fat fast
Stats: 164/158.1/119 Female 162 cm
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Some questions...

Hi all! I am a newbie...I've read this and the main thread you mentioned, but cannot find aswers about my doubts:
- why is FISH not allowed?
- can i use sweetener in order to' male sweet omlettes, or is the sweet taste totally forbidden? I mean artificial sweetener of course
- is it possibile to' have ferments on necessity? The ones my doctor prescribed contain lactose but no saccarine. i shall need them cause I've got gastroenterinal flue ( like my toddler...

Thanks in advance!
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-11, 15:31
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/meat fast
Stats: 150/130/120 Female 63
BF:
Progress:

How much calories is allowed i eat over 1500 was wondering if that is to much