Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Apr-27-06, 19:22

Plan: LC
Stats: 196/136/115 Female 5'2"
BF:35.8/24.9/21
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally731
I am waiting for TOM to be over. As soon as I get my final results for this month I will change something around. I was taking 1,500 and added another 500 last week. I tried adding a few more carbs too but I keep going up and down since 04/16.

Could it be my TOM was late 1 week? I am drinking plenty of water. 140-175 oz a day. I can't put my finger on it.

I am also taking GLA & CLA but still not the results I was expecting. This is very frustrating. I weigh myself last nite and I went back down to 204. Hoping this morning I would have at least a small change in weight but I didn't. I am still at 204. I really dont know if I am doing something wrong or my body is just readjusting for the next WHOOSH.

Today I ate and drank everything I am supposed to and I am still at 204 just like yesterday so I am hoping that means I will loose something tomorrow.

These are the supplements I am taking- L-Carnitine 2,000- GLA, CLA, Biotin, Vitamin C and COQ10. I was taking several others but I stopped just to make another change and see if that would help. Any thoughts??? Thank you so much for you help!

Hi ally...
I'm no expert..but what's happening to you happened to me about a week and half ago, I went up, then down, then nothing...urrr, then after some research and looking at my intake, I realized it might be, I wasn't getting enough calories or fat. Do you think that might be it. Once I upped the fat, I lost...and like I said, I also started the L-carn, so either one might have done it. But I went from low-fat to high fat, and then suddely started to loose. Your body will adjust after awhile, so I'm a believe in switching things up every once in awhile. Also, I read if your body doesn't get enough fat, it will believe your body is in a state of starvation...and it will halt wt.loss. Hope that helps...good luck, and keep strong, it will happen.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Apr-28-06, 14:02

Plan: vsg/low carb
Stats: 306/153/150 Female 5'6.5"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Hey Everyone -

I just wanted to set the record straight about something I said earlier in this thread:

Quote:
I get one (headache) too not long after i take my first dose in the mornings. I have been taking 2000mg a day and I think I am going to go down to 1500mg for that very reason. I have also noticed that by the end of the day (bedtime) I am really tired. Cant stay up til my usuall bedtime. I have also noticed that by dinner time my eyesockets hurt when i move my eyes

What I finally realized (duh!) it was the Oil of Oregano that was giving me the symptoms I mentioned not the l-carn. Once I stopped taking the ooo those symptoms went away.

I decided to change up my calories too Safferbabe. All month I was staying around 16-1700 and decided to cut them down. I ended up at almost 1200 for the last two days and I ended up losing a lb. yay!!

I read on one of the excersize/weight lifting? threads that you might should take it for 2 weeks and then go off for two weeks, or take it for a month and then go off it for a month. It sounds like it might be a good idea....I dont know yet what I'm going to do about that.

Good luck everyone with your weightloss!!!
  #33   ^
Old Wed, May-03-06, 22:14

Plan: General LC
Stats: 240/235/155 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 6%

I started taking L-carnitine last week. 1000mg before breakfast and 1000mg before lunch. One thing I have noticed is that my hunger is way down. I really haven't been tempted to overeat. Odd...but I like it!
  #34   ^
Old Sun, May-07-06, 09:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 177/162/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by highsteaks
I started taking L-carnitine last week. 1000mg before breakfast and 1000mg before lunch. One thing I have noticed is that my hunger is way down. I really haven't been tempted to overeat. Odd...but I like it!

Hi Kate,

Give it at least a month before you begin to see the results. Good Luck and keep us updated on your results.
  #35   ^
Old Mon, May-15-06, 23:59

Stats: 224/200/175 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:who/gives/a crap
Progress: 49%

Definetly going to get some of this tommorrow after reading this thread and the other thread about it. I used to take oil of oregano and I quit. Come to think of it I was getting headaches too and I usually never get them. That was probably it! Good info on here!
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-10, 05:16

Stats: 276/261/200 Female 63inches
BF:65%/35%/20%
Progress: 20%

bumpbedeebump...

I would love more success stories or updates about everyones/your use of l-carnitine.
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Sep-11-10, 09:12
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

I took it for several months after being on OWL for a month and found it made absolutely no difference in how I felt nor in my weight loss. I therefore suspended taking it when the bottle was empty. Other say it helps them withe energy levels and weight loss. I just found that was not the case for me.
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Dec-05-10, 20:20

Stats: 175/167.8/115 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 12%

What's the difference between tartrate and fumarate? And did anyone figure out why you shouldn't take the acetyl?