Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 08:11
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Wednesday- june 2- PP pals daily thread

Hi all.... welcome to the Protein Power Plan thread... .where everyone is welcome to visit, to lurk or to plunge in.. ( litterally around here.. lol!)

Has anyone tried the soup the the WW Mag highlighted from the PPP? I bought the ingredients yesterday and may make a pot today for my supper.

Aci-how did you do with being on the boat and your woe?

While I was camping, I didnt stick entirely to low carbing.. I sure the heck didnt just eat anything and everything, just did a mental tally of what the calories were, and kept it within moderation. Used my blood sugars as a gauge if I was overdoing it or not, and even got to have a s'more.. using a low carb choc bar, reg. graham crackers and a real marshmellow. And then I had popped corn..which up til then has been a big no no for me as far as my reaction bg wise... it was fine.. and I was pleased as punch!

Oh..speaking of punch.. there is a new low carb fruit juice out now.. I am so happy, I have been missing that option .. I love fruits and juices... I tried the Cranberry apple.. it is made by Old Orchard and has 6g's carbs. Only 30 calories.... the regular juices contain upwards of 35 carbs per serving. Made w/ splenda.

Have a good day all...

Love and Laughter,
Dawn

edited to add: PS... LOST 2 more lbs too since yesterday.. I guess I just had to threaten it and change the number here on the profile..and wa la..
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 08:22

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Good Morning Everyone!

I went out for my 3 mile walk at 6am today. Good thing, because it's going to be around 90 degrees today.

I need to make bread for my family today. You know, the house always smells good when I make it, but I don't really want any.

Dawn - that's great that you were able to eat a few fun foods and not have any problems!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 12:05
Registered Member

Plan: protein power
Stats: 200/165/140 Female 65
BF:more than needed
Progress: 58%
Smile

Dawn, great job!! Keep up the good work! Sometimes a change of scenery helps remotivate me and get me back on track with eating. Lucky you that you can handle the popcorn.

I tried a few pieces of popcorn at Shrek this weekend but I am such a salt retainer that I felt bloated right away. My weight was up but it is back down to where I was last week.

I have been doing my walking/running everyday. I change my routine and I am really pushing myself. I do hill climbing on the treadmill and by the time I finish I am dragging but I feel much better later. My bum knee is actually tolerating it pretty well with running.

Bawdy, thanks for info on the margaritas. I am trying to get a friend pick some up near her house for this weekend. I figure I will get it sooner!

Planting the rest of the garden this afternoon. Look forward to some of the fresh produce.

Pleasant afternoon everyone. Therese
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 14:56

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

busy day here, no time to chat. just checking in to say hi!!

dawn-- i did pretty well on the boat. whoever had the idea of lc trail mix with almonds, mixed nuts, raisens, and lc chocolate bar, it worked great. i also ate a lot of jerky. i will be working on the boat pretty much every week till mid december this year. with only a few weeks off here and there. so i will figure it out.

shrubie-- now that i am down 50+lbs my bum knee isn't so bum anymore!!! i am even running on it with no problems!!!

song-- 3miles at 6am, now that takes some determination!!!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 14:57

dawn, i just noticed you beat me and got 2 steaks before me!!!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 14:58

i guess i could just keep posting and they will rack up......

but i probably should have some kind of reason to post and not just cause i want 2 steaks......heheh
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 16:54

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Dang it all! Dawn got to two steaks before me, and it looks like you'll get there before me too, Michele!

By the way, great going on the loss of 2 pounds, Dawn. That's how it comes off. Painfully slowly, a lot of bouncing up and down, and finally a loss of a couple pounds. Just don't go celebrating with a pint of Haagen Daz!

And I also noticed that you changed your stats, Michele! WAY TO GO! Do you think the changes in your typical menu over the past week (when you were on the boat) could have been the reason? I think we all get into a rut eating the same things over and over. I'm beginning to believe that our bodies really do get accustomed to things and needs newness now and again . . . and not just for a meal or two, but maybe for a week or two. Just a little theory I'm working on.

Song, you are doing so well with those walks. Keep it up. I love walking. It's so relaxing, even if you're working up a sweat. I've tried running, but my knees and shins can't take it.

Therese, you mentioned popcorn at the movies. Have any of you ever gone to a movie by yourself? I never have. I'm thinking I would like to see Troy, but I'm a little intimidated over going alone. I have a girlfriend who prefers going alone. She makes her DH stay home with the kids so she can go see the movie she likes. Gee, and here I thought that I was the liberated one.

Now for me. It's all about me, after all, right?

I'm sitting here writing to you guys, drinking an Irish whiskey and for dinner I'm having . . . wait for it . . . two Pillsbury flaky rolls. What can I say. Don't try this at home, folks. I'm not into worrying too much about what I do or don't eat just yet, so please cut me some slack. I know you guys would never get down on me for this, which is why I like coming here so much. We all have our ups and downs. I'm into week #7 of downs. But. No pity. Life sucks, but life does go on.

Sorry to end on a low note.

Hey! Danakins has just invited all of us over to her place for a dip in her new hot tub! Let's go!!!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 17:52
Getting back to me

Plan: LC WW
Stats: 176/167.2/145 Female 5'7" in
BF:
Progress: 28%

Quote:
Hey! Danakins has just invited all of us over to her place for a dip in her new hot tub! Let's go!!!

That's right! Bring the pity party on over here and we'll turn that frown upside down!!!!

You will all looking Absolutely Fabulous in your swim attire, whatever that may be.

You have to share that Irish Whiskey though!

Danes
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 17:57
Getting back to me

Plan: LC WW
Stats: 176/167.2/145 Female 5'7" in
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default Even has your name on it....

#10   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 17:57

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

No problem! Got plenty. And when that runs out, there's always Tequila and Baja Bob's Desert Lime margarita mix!

Ole!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 18:48

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Bawdy-Just wanted to post to say that going to movies alone is a very liberating experience. I was scared to do it, but after some very boring days last summer, gave it a try. I loved it! I love going in the middle of the day when no one is there. I love not having someone next to me who comments on every little thing. I love just sitting there and seeing the cheesy chick flick and bawling my eyes out. You definitely should go see Troy!!!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 21:11
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Steak Earnage=BIG MOUTH

That be me!

LMAO........

I have gone to the movies flying solo..it was ok.. it was a comedy..and you know when its funny, its better to nudge the person next to you..or grin at one another.. but a good chick flick is good to go see alone..

Drive in theaters.. nope.. gotta go with someone.. gal pals or the such..
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 21:30

good evening. phew, it was a really busy day at work!!! now i am sitting here with a nice piece of that cheesecake with some cut up cherries and whipped cream on top. yummmm.

Bawdy-- i think the lbs down may just be due to the change in diet. and probably more excercies also (not much to do at the motel, might as well go for a jog). i also think i eat less when i am doing field work. no time for snacking like i can do when i am at my desk. i actually saw 196.5 on the scale this morning, but am not sure i want to change down to that one yet (might have been a fluke).

hot tub, did i hear hot tub??? count me in!!! i really want one in my back yard. it is one of those "one of these days" wish list items.

about going to the movies alone. i do it quite often. like i said before, i travel alot for work. it gets boring in the motel room by yourself. sometimes we get together as a crew, but sometimes after working together all day, we can get tired of eachothers company. (or sometimes we even have a crew that just doesn't click together really well) and that is when we find things to do solo. there is usually a movie theatre in most towns we stay in.

have a great night everybody.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 21:31

p.s. dawn. 2 steaks = big mouth....hehehehe

p.p.s.s. bawdy 7 more posts till steak #2 for me!!!
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 21:32

p.p.p.s.s.s. 6 more posts.....

heheh