Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-04, 14:53

Plan: Modified Paleo Atkins
Stats: 260/260/190 Male 71 inches
BF:Getting/Much/Bette
Progress: 0%
Talking Atkins in the (fake) news: "Atkins Cabal" beats up Cookie Monster

I actually find it kind of funny. Before reading the story, make sure you either visit the site, or at least notice the address (www.thefakenews.com). What will probably happen is that this will start to get spread across the internet without the address and some idiot will think it's real and tell all of his conspiracy-loving friends that Atkins is a terrorist group and should be stopped, so they all need to boycott the restaurants that serve Atkins-friendly meals. This will be followed by some semi-coherent rantings about somebody or other really being at fault. (choose your scapegoat group of choice: Religious Right, ACLU, Republicans, Democrats, Right-Wing, Liberals, ethnic and/or religious group de jour...)

This just ties into the point I made on the "Who knew everything would go low-carb so fast" thread about once you're being mentioned without explanation outside of the news arena, you know you've become part of the popular culture. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=191786

Plane Crazy for Satire

http://www.thefakenews.com/cookiemonster61604.html

Atkins Diet Fanatics Assault Cookie Monster
Written by Jake Novak

(New York) The relative calm of Sesame Street has been shattered as carb-loving Cookie Monster has been attacked three times this month by devoted converts to the Atkins diet.

"Oh, me so scared," wailed the furry blue monster from his apartment above Mr. Hooper's store," but it not so bad; people been sending me maannnny cookies... ha ha ha," Mr. Monster added.

Police say the victim was tricked each time by the Atkins insurgents posing as cookie delivery men.

"We told him to at least look through the peep hole every time someone knocks on his door, but apparently he goes into some kind of mania every time he hears the word 'cookie,' said Lt. Abby Van Buren of the 27th Precinct.

Van Buren says information Cookie Monster's close friends are giving the police is proving to be of a "mixed nature."

"I saw four, four attackers, ah ah ah," said The Count.

"I think they had a red car, but I'm not so good with my colors," added Grover.

Elmo exclaimed, "Elmo loves the sun!"

Experts say Cookie Monster has long been a target for diet groups, but the Atkins cabal is particularly intent on using violence to get what they want.

"You think KFC, TGI Fridays, and all those packaged snack people just started offering low carb items because we asked nicely?" asked an Atkins terror cell leader who did not want to be identified. "We had to beat a lot of CEOs to a bloody pulp before they finally gave in," she added.

(accompanied by a picture of the Cookie Monster eating a cookie with the caption "Dude, that's like 800 carbs!!!")
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-04, 15:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 239/168.2/150 Female 5'7
BF:whoa boy
Progress: 80%

Thank god I wasn't drinking water just now otherwise it would have fried my CPU. That was very funny! I'm printing it up for the fridge.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-04, 15:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins w/yocheese
Stats: 170/149/143 Female 5'4.5"
BF:27.9%
Progress: 78%

Thanks for that!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 18:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

There was one in the Weekly World News [Supermarket Tabloid.] If I get a chance, I'll post it.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 18:44
coffee...yum!

Plan: Who knows
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'6
BF:oh/my/gosh
Progress: 22%

I heard that one of the terrorists spotted Snuffelupagus out on the street too!!!!!!!!

to funny!