Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, May-04-03, 12:50
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

Thanks doreen and tamarian, for everything. Things seem to be back to normal again. I will try not to be so thick headed from now on
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, May-04-03, 12:53
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

LOL!! Not to worry ... somebody else may have the same questions. Now it's posted here for others to read and maybe it will help them too.

Doreen
  #18   ^
Old Tue, May-06-03, 10:35
amieK

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I read through this thread several times and I still don't understand.

I went to the edit options part of my User Control panel and clicked on "no" for e-mail notification. Like others, I have gotten to prefer checking my profile over my e-mail box. But it made no difference, I am still receiving e-mail notifications.

Does this mean I have to unsubscribe from all these threads in order to not get the e-mail notifications? I had hoped to keep most of them in my Profile.

I'm sorry but I find this very confusing.....

amieK
  #19   ^
Old Tue, May-06-03, 10:52
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally posted by amieK
...Does this mean I have to unsubscribe from all these threads in order to not get the e-mail notifications? I had hoped to keep most of them in my Profile.

I'm sorry but I find this very confusing.....
You're right, it IS confusing

Yes, if you don't want to get emails, it means that you will have to unsubscribe from all the threads. Use the unsubscribe link in any of the email notices that you get .. it's at the bottom of the message.

With the current version of vBulletin forums, 2.3.0 ... there is only all or nothing ... If you want to subscribe to threads, then you will get emails. The only way to stop the emails is to unsubscribe from the threads. Or else ... the webmaster has to stop ALL emails across the board, for every single member. We did that, and it created a fury of protest from many, many members.

Hopefully we only need to put up with it for a couple more months. vBulletin version 3.0 is in beta-testing now, and should soon be available for public use. In that version, there will be more flexibility for users, including more options about subscribed threads and whether or not you wish to receive notification emails.

Doreen
  #20   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 01:01
amieK

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for clarifying that Doreen !

I will be looking forward to the vBulletin version 3.0.
Despite my current difficulties, I have found this to be one of the most user-friendly forums around.

A big thank-you to you and all the other moderators and administrators who keep everything here chugging along smoothly!

Thanks again!
amieK
  #21   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 12:06
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

LOL Doreen and Tamarian, we're just never happy, are we! I didn't like it when e-mail notification was disabled, but now I'm kinda used to the "Subscribed Threads" screen.

When things sort themselves out, I'll continue using "Subscribed Threads", but is there any way to have the "show threads from" become a user-defined default instead of having to change it for anything over the last day? (ducking in case Doreen or Wa'il are throwing something at me)
  #22   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 15:44

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

OK, I just unsubscribed from all threads - hopefully that'll stop the email bombardment. Nothing else seemed to work for me.
  #23   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 11:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/202/145
BF:
Progress: 46%

I was so shocked when I checked my email. I usually only do it every week or so. It was jammed packed. I also deleted an important email by mistake as I was clicking all of these notifiers off.

I liked going to the profile and just checking there. It made it so easy.

I am sure you moderators are in a quandry. Half the people probably want the email and the other half want the profile. I am sure it all depends on how many post you do.

I really don't want to complain since so many people did when the email notification went away but if we could go back to just the profile notification I will jump up and down for joy (and not just for the exercise! )
  #24   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 11:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/202/145
BF:
Progress: 46%

Oh..

And i am getting mutliple notifications each time someone post. Check out Lisa's Journal Notifiers and you know she gets A LOT of post in that journal every day.

"subscriber_notify~forum.lowcarber.org" Reply to post 'lkonzelman' 05/10/03 01:08 PM 2k

"subscriber_notify~forum.lowcarber.org" Reply to post 'lkonzelman' 05/10/03 12:49 PM 2k

"subscriber_notify~forum.lowcarber.org" Reply to post 'WCollier's Journal' 05/10/03 12:33 PM 2k

"subscriber_notify~forum.lowcarber.org" Reply to post 'Donna...Staying the Course!' 05/10/03 10:52 AM 2k

"subscriber_notify~forum.lowcarber.org" Reply to post 'lkonzelman' 05/10/03 10:50 AM 2k

"subscriber_notify~forum.lowcarber.org" Reply to post 'Who is your favorite American Idol wanna be?' 05/10/03 10:21 AM 2k

"subscriber_notify~forum.lowcarber.org" Reply to post 'is anyone watching Survivor?' 05/10/03 10:03 AM 2k

"subscriber_notify~forum.lowcarber.org" Reply to post 'WCollier's Journal' 05/10/03 09:38 AM 2k

"subscriber_notify~forum.lowcarber.org" Reply to post 'red1cutie's Journal' 05/10/03 09:34 AM 2k

I have cleaned out my email 3 times so far today so there seems to be an issue. Just thought I would let you know. Thanks.
  #25   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 11:43
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Currently, there's no option but to unsubscribe from threads you don't want to receive emails about.

To unsubscribe, click the link at the bottom of the email.

Wa'il
  #26   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 08:34
Registered Member

Plan: SPII IS/BOAG
Stats: 186/136/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:A lot/18%/20%
Progress: 109%

I thought you were only supposed to get one email notification between visits -- at least, I know that's how it used to be in older versions of this forum software. The notify message also contains wording to that effect. However, it doesn't seem to be working that way any more; it's now notifying you about every response to every thread you're subscribed to, regardless of your visit schedule.

All in all, I'm really unhappy with the new email notifications. I don't like having to choose between no subscriptions and scads of emails (nearly 40 overnight last night). I'm trashing the messages via email filtering, but it would be nice to get *one* notification email between forum visits, and I can't do that with filtering.