Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Thyroid Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-11, 06:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/195/150 Female 68 inches
BF:?
Progress: 0%

Hi Shell 1370,

Thanks for your response. Do you feel better since you are on the progesterone? Dr. has ordered blood tests and I see progesterone is one of the test she ordered. I have many symptoms that you have, I guess we all do, with this condition. I will check out the forum you suggested. I hope you feel better. Take care Michelle.

Kim
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Aug-04-11, 08:11

Plan: HCG,Atkins
Stats: 210.8/194.4/145 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:56%
Progress: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpurple165
Hi Shell 1370,

Thanks for your response. Do you feel better since you are on the progesterone? Dr. has ordered blood tests and I see progesterone is one of the test she ordered. I have many symptoms that you have, I guess we all do, with this condition. I will check out the forum you suggested. I hope you feel better. Take care Michelle.

Kim

Sorry I missed your post Kim.

Yes, I do feel better with the progesterone. However, I am the worlds worst at taking it because it is a bed time med. I am going to move it it dinner time.

Next week I go and get all my lab drawn to see where I am on my levels. Right now, I am on top of the world! I feel great, losing weight even with a few road bumps. I will keep ya posted of the results.
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Aug-27-11, 10:56

Plan: Primal/Paleo/MyOwn
Stats: 187.5/168/132 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Shell, if your progesterone is taken orally, it might be best to try to remember to take it at night. It can make you sleepy. If it's the kind you rub on your skin, I don't think it matters when you take it.
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-12, 09:55

Plan: HCG,Atkins
Stats: 210.8/194.4/145 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:56%
Progress: 25%
Default Been out of the loop...

Hello everyone,

I have been out of the loop for quite awhile. My have things changed for me. I came back to this thread to see exactly when it was that I felt good. August. My last post was August. My medication was increased in August for low FT3 and borderline low FT4. It was my last med adjustment.

Well, I did manage to lose 31lbs on two rounds of the hCG diet..one round in August and one round starting October 1st. Best feeling of accomplishment in my life!

Here is where it all went to crap..November. By the end October, I began noticing that I was getting more tired. Starting not to feel well. s/s of hypo began creeping up..so I thought. I did see my NP and she did not increase my medication, only suggested Vitamin B injections. I passed, too costly. She also ordered lab for November. I just thought to myself after the appoint, well maybe it is just a passing thing and I'm being overly worried. Yet still, nagging in the back of my mind said..no, something is just not right.

November 11th, I was now starting to feel really bad. I went and had lab done. TSH, FT3, FT4, CRP.

I called on November 21st for my results, no return call. I went to the office the next day because I needed more Ioderal and asked for my results. By now, I am having my left sided chest pain going down my arm, tics in my left eye, pounding heart, some SOB on exertion, oh and now a sore throat for over a week, which I have never had. I told the receptionist that I did not feel well at all. The receptionist came back with my results with only vitamin A&D orders on them for the dry skin and hair. I told the receptionist that I did not feel good and tried to get in to see my NP asap but, I couldn't get in til Dec 10th.

Thanksgiving eve, I landed in ER with severe chest pain mimicking a heart attack. All test and labs came back normal for my heart. I was sent home with Nitro. Which did not help! The ER doctor also suggested that I find a Endo, because my condition now was beyond my NP's expertise and follow up with my NP the following Monday.

So, I did just that, I called my NP and got in right away. She drew more labs including this time: Thyroid Antibodies of TSI, TGA, TPA. She sent me to for a ultrasound the next day after feeling a nodule on my thyroid and STOPPED all my medication.

Lab results for 11/29 are: (reference ranges)

TSH- 0.02 L (0.40-4.50)
FT4- 1.1 (0.8-1.8)
FT3 -3.0 (2.3-4.2)

Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies (TPA)- 608 H (<35)
Thyroglobulin Antibodies (TGA) - 22 H (<20)
Thyroid Stimulating Immunoglobulin (TSI) 282 H (<140)

Thyroid ultrasound showed chronic thryoiditis, hetrogenous thyroid and no nodules or masses.

It was just less than a month before my appointment with the Endo in Tulsa. Jan 4th. In that month, I gained 15lbs. UGGHHHHH. However, in that time frame, my s/s eased up due to being off the meds. Some days better than others but, not feeling quite as crappy.

At my appointment the day before, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's with hyper and hypo symptoms.

My compounded T3 and T4 medication was changed to Synthroid and Cytomel so that she could adjust one or both if needed.

I have been eating low carb and minimal gluten. As of yesterday, I went totally gluten free. Last weekend at my sisters house, I over indulged on the wheat products. Up until yesterday, I feel horrid, my throat was sore, s/s of hyper and hypo. So..yea, thinking back, I could see where the wheat gluten sets off the auto immune response and attacks on my thyroid. I am now wiser!

Now I'm off to do some research on Omega 6 oils..

Cheers and warm wishes!

Michelle
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Jan-13-12, 23:27

Plan: Kwasniewski
Stats: 120/132/115 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -240%

What is your reverse T3 result? You sound like you have an RT3 problem http://www.thyroid-rt3.com/whatis.htm