Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, May-25-06, 02:38

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 160.6/160.6/121 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterly
Hi Soulmia, Great idea! I'm in Pune -- have lived and survived the Delhi heat too -- Also lived in Bangalore -- will be a lovely change for you. I don't msn, but let's keep in touch via email -- mine's mmebutterflie~yahoo.com --
Yeah, I know how it is -- with a veggie curry rich Indian food, things can get a bit monotonous -- Luckily for westerners, their food habits are already geared towards protein, so they have much more variety..
But hey, we got our tikkas, boti-kababs and tandoori-murghs, don't we heh, heh

Hey! So you live in Pune? My parents and grand parents are from there so I know it pretty well.. spent most of our summer vacations there
Hope to stay in touch!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Jun-01-06, 10:24

Plan: Now SB
Stats: 232.0/220/160 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 17%

Hello..
You guys inspired me to do my 2 mile tape..I love the feeling when I'm done, the nerves jump a little in the back of my legs and it reminds me of the great workout they just got!!!

Glad I found this thread..I was having trouble getting motivated to work out again, thanks alot..this helped.
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Jun-01-06, 11:17
Butter is Better!

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 234/220.4/160 Female 5"8.5"
BF:its back again!
Progress: 18%

I just got the 2 mile tape too, can't wait to try it
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Jun-02-06, 08:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/204/120 Female 5'2"
BF:too much
Progress: 33%

I'm going to need to find something when winter comes. I find exercise of any kind extremely boring for some reason. I finally found that walking with my iPod while listening to music or an audio book is makes it easier, but I'm wondering if standing in front of the tv makes it even better? Right now I walk in the morning and at night, both for only about 20 minutes. I know...I know...20 minutes isn't going to do anything. I just started so I will increase it 5 minutes a week. My muscles are killing me. LOL!

Do I need to listen to it or is it easy once you learn the routine so I can continue the iPod.

Thanks!
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Jun-02-06, 19:17

Plan: Vegetaian Low Carb
Stats: 318/294.6/115 Female 64
BF:Over 65%
Progress: 12%

Hey all! I drive a truck and it's not alway safe in the truckstop to walk alone. So I love the WATP dvds. I actually check them out of the local library about once a month. That way I never get bored and don't spend extra money. I have a space in my truck between the seats and in front of my bed that is approximately 3x2 feet. With only a little adjustment I can do the exercise. I'm not fit enough to really do more than 1/2 mile (7 minutes) right now about every 3rd day. But I know it's there and I don't have to worry about the heat cause I can crank up the Air Conditioning. I have to be careful of the heat. I pass out extremely easily in any temperature over 70 degrees Farenheit. Summers really are not fun for me. I mean it's bad when you get heat exhaustion when you're actually swimming! Good luck to everyone....
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Jun-02-06, 19:57
Butter is Better!

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 234/220.4/160 Female 5"8.5"
BF:its back again!
Progress: 18%

i just did the two mile today, I love it because i have a small family room and i didn't have to move all my furniture to do it,most videos have me pushing everything out of the room first
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Jun-02-06, 21:23
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkin's
Stats: 140/138/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress:

Wow, soulmia -- small world, what! Do stay in touch, drop me a line at my email add. -- I'm sure we'll have lots of things to discuss
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Aug-12-09, 08:34
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 289/261/145 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 19%

I'm dredging this thread up from the archives... Is anyone still doing WATP? I just ordered a DVD as it is impossible to get a decent workout when you have a toddler in tow. I figure I can use it while he's asleep!
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Aug-27-09, 10:45

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

Hi AngelaUK,

Thanks for dragging this thread out of the archives. I have been on this board for a year and a half and this is the first time I have even checked the exercise board.

I have been using WATP three days a week for the last sixteen months and still enjoy the workouts. I use three different DVDs but began my workouts with only one. It took me a little over three weeks to work myself up to three miles, but I did it.

I do alternate WATP with weight training and also use my Bowflex three times a week. I do take one day a week as my day off.

I am really pleased with the way my body is toning up and plan to continue with what I have been doing.

I would love to hear what you think of the workout once you get started.

Good luck!
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Sep-09-09, 14:40
Registered Member

Plan: Semi-LC, Organic, Natural
Stats: 168/158/140 Female 67
BF:26%/26%/22%
Progress: 36%

I have been using WATP nearing a month now. While I am not thrilled with Leslie (poor cuing, mismatched sets, poor camera shots), I do like the results of the walking program in itself. That said, once you understand the basics, its easy to alter movements to your liking.

My plan is to continue with four mile walks for cardio six days a week. I will also alternate between 20 minute resistance strengthening exercises and 2 mile morning walks.

I do need to knock off another 20 pounds; however, my goal is for the cardio to increase my overall health and the resistance work to strengthen and tone.
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Sep-23-09, 11:13

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 417/213/117 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hi everyone! I LOOVE Leslie and I am really grateful for her approach to exercise . She is not intimidating at all for those who are either out of shape, have not exercised in years, have injuries, older or just feel depressed in general about exercise! She is very positive. She will always tell you that it doesn't really matter if your'e doing it exactly right so long as you are moving . That helps me keep my focus. I dug out my WATP tapes and have been doing them. If you have exercise tv she has 1, 2 and 3 mile workouts that she made specifically for exercise tv. I have been doing 3 miles most days but sometimes when I get bored, I will do her 2 mile and then 1 mile just to get something different. I also have netflix now and I can order different ones there. I know for a fact that it works even though it is low impact and not nearly as hardcore as others . I lost a lot of weight doing it before and I will again. Once you learn the basic steps you can also do it yourself to your own music or while watching tv. You may feel stupid (as I do at times) but who cares! I will do the 4 basic steps while watching tv or watching something online. Of course if you do that you may notice your pace is not as quick as hers but you are still getting some moving in .
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Oct-01-09, 07:25
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hey walkers! I have resurrected my walk/jog dvd. The walk/kick that someone mentioned sounds good, too. How's everyone doing?
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Oct-06-09, 11:19
Registered Member

Plan: Semi-LC, Organic, Natural
Stats: 168/158/140 Female 67
BF:26%/26%/22%
Progress: 36%

I have been consistently doing the 4 mile walk about five days a week; sometimes I will make it for six and others times not. I have also added in resistance band training for strengthening purposes.

I am actually ordering the WATP 5 Day/Mile Slim Down to alternate my routine with the 5 Day/Mile Fat Burn. This version seems to have particularly good reviews and it appears to be just Leslie by herself during the entire workout.

I lost about 3 pounds within the last month and a half. I feel like I get a good workout with WATP but without the feeling of being too intense on my body.