Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-17, 07:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/210/126 Female 151
BF:
Progress:
Smile Hi guys I'm new :)

Hello everyone I'm Shirleen and I have just started the Atkins induction.
I have about 85lbs to loose, and really hope to do it this year.
I'm sure I will be here a lot for support and motivation! X
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-17, 08:38

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

How did you settle on your username Revengebod? Atkins is a plan, if you stick to it, that will get you close to your weight goal or maybe even exceeded it in a year. However, the major benefit in my opinion is that you can begin to feel good right away and relax your mind about what your body might look and feel like in some distant future.

You will do well.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-17, 13:16

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

One of the best parts of this was when I looked at pictures and saw that the double chin was gone!! I started at 210 like you and although I have more to go, the transformation is amazing. You'll be so happy you did this and the food is wonderful!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-17, 19:16

Plan: LCHF/ketogenic
Stats: 163/132/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Welcome! I found this way of eating so easy and sustainable for life, plus the weight came off very easily. You can do it and this forum is so very supportive and helpful.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-17, 20:16

Plan: , LCHF
Stats: 259.6/222.4/130 Female 62 inches
BF:67.2/60.2/normal
Progress: 29%

Welcome! If you come often to this forum you will find all sort of information, help and encouragement. The best way is to start a journal and read some of the other members journal. Most of all be consistent and dedicated. Good luck on you journey.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-17, 03:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/210/126 Female 151
BF:
Progress:

Hi guys thanks a lot for all the replies...
Well my name is based on a new show on tv, plus I would love to get revenge on all the people who have put me down over the years about my weight.

I can't wait to start my journey and thanks again xx
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-17, 06:18

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

I didn't know there was a tv show about this. Probably makes good TV! However, harming others who have hurt you only damages both of you in the long run. What happens when you get skinnier than person X that has made you feel bad, and now you can gloat for a bit and make them feel bad that they made you feel bad? Now what's the point on being skinny any longer after you have dealt out your revenge?

I've heard it said that a resentment is like a hot coal. If you pick it up and try throwing it at someone you will usually miss and always burn yourself. If you do manage to hit the other person, not there are two that have been unnecessarily damaged.

The trick is to not pick up the coal.

I don't want to remove your motivation for doing this. It my help you struggle to get to that magic weight and shape in your head. That might be useful at first. These are only the impressions of this reader, me, who, at times, can be full of shit.

I wish you well. Pick a plan and GO! You'll have a bit of time to reconsider or recommit to your ideas as you approach 126 lbs.

I wish you well.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-17, 08:36

Plan: atkins/LC
Stats: 275/198/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 59%

Do this for YOU, for the you that you want to be - not for any other reason. If you aren't focused on that, it's so much easier to drift off plan. Do it to feel good and feel good about how you look - not for any one else's opinion (past, present or future!). I am speaking from experience too - I am doing this (since Jan 1, 2016) because I want to be healthy, thinner, able to shop in the 'regular' section for clothes, to not have to worry about theater seats or airplane seats, or smaller chairs at someone's picnic. I want to break that 200 lb bubble for my 50th birthday in Feb, and stay under that weight for the remainder of my life. I want these things for me, for my peace of mind, for my happiness. The compliments and congratulations of others are nice, but not necessary. The opinions of others do not impact my behaviors. I do this for ME, because I AM WORTH IT! You are too! Best of luck
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-17, 05:55

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/160/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 78%

May we just call you Shirleen? Maybe you expected support for your dietary goals, not a discussion of your screen name. Oh well. Starting a Journal here (see thread above) with any name you like will be a good place to work on your accountability and future friendships on this site.

While I wouldn't exactly call it "revenge," I've achieved certain goals in my life by harboring a secret attitude of "I'll show you!" in the face of people who discouraged me. The truth is, they couldn't care less. But I cared about ME.

You're on your way. Best wishes!