Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 20:52
Sexifying me

Plan: one pound at a time plan
Stats: 242/242/199 Female 5'4
BF:dont want to know
Progress: 0%
Default Iowa get together??

HELLO FELLOW IOWANS

Is anyone interested in planning a day of getting together & meeting each other? I am not sure how many Iowans we have on this board, but there are many of you that I already have met here & would love to meet in person, as well as making new friends

I have discussed this with a few people already & seems like the most of us are close to the Iowa City area and the Des Moines area, so those are two options for places to meet.

We could meet up at a restaraunt, or have a potluck at a park ( this second option would be the easiest for those of us with kids but it would be a little difficult for those who have to travel a bit farther. )

Please sign in here if you are interested, as well as a date that would work the best for you, and the part of Iowa that you are from & we can go from there

Hopefully we can make this happen

Hillary
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-08-04, 11:48
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!

I am very interested in an Iowa get together. We probably won't get this done until October and weather is unpredictable. Maybe we should plan for a restaurant? Just a suggestion. I would prefer Des Moines, but would be willing to come to Iowa City also.

Almost any weekend will work for me. I am from Southwest Iowa.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-08-04, 12:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/200/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

I would be interested in an Iowa get-together too. I'm west of Des Moines so that would be the most convenient location for me, but I would consider going to Iowa City (about a two hour drive for us) if that's better for everyone else.

I agree that we would need to do something indoors as the weather will start becoming uncooperative very soon. I do like the park idea so we might have to shoot for that next summer. As for now, I would like to suggest some place kid-friendly. No matter where we have it, there will likely be one (or more) families with children who will be driving for an hour or more so somewhere where kids can run around and be kids would be good.

The only weekend that I have plans for is Sept 25, which is my daughter's 3rd birthday. Other than that most any weekend should work for me. I'd prefer to have it around the 4th Saturday in a month, simply because that's usually when DH is home. But don't plan around that.

Blessings! And look forward to hearing from more Iowans.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-08-04, 14:04
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hey - I am in Des Moines right now! I come here for work from time to time.

I think a get together sounds nice but I would prefer to have an adult get together since it is not as easy to socialize with kids in tow. Perhaps a family get together to follow?

I can make it to Des Moines on occasion, certainly to Iowa City.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-08-04, 18:24
Sexifying me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowagirl
I think a get together sounds nice but I would prefer to have an adult get together since it is not as easy to socialize with kids in tow. Perhaps a family get together to follow?

The only way that I could do an adult get together is if it is closer to my home, and I am in southeast, Iowa. Des Moines is a two hour drive for me, and I do not have anyone available to watch my children for that length of time. I would still love to plan one with the whole family involved, and if you guys want to do an adult only than thats a great idea too.

Anyone wanting to do a family get together? October is the soonest I could do it, but would love to meet you guys
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 21:37
Bigger than ever :(

Plan: Keto
Stats: 464/280/200 Male 67.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

I am totally up for it!!! Unfortunately because of school now, I don't think I'd be able to travel much at all, but most people have said Iowa City would work so I don't feel bad I guess.

According to my schedule now, I am busy the weekend of September 24-26, October 1-3, and October 15-17. I know that doesn't give people much to work with. Also, because of church, Sundays would be off for me.

There is a park here in Iowa City, City Park, that has a nice indoor shelter, so if the weather sucks we can eat inside and if it is nice we can eat outside.

Well, I hope to hear more soon!!!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 08:08
empress of fashion

BF:

Is everyone watching the big game this weekend? Go Hawks!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Sep-13-04, 05:21
Stay in the ZONE!!

Bringing this back to the top!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Sep-13-04, 05:23
empress of fashion

BF:

*rubbing eyes*
What are we doing up at this hour?
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Sep-19-04, 21:59

BF:

Bumppppppppp
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Sep-22-04, 19:56
Sexifying me

Bumping this one more time. I honestly thought that we could all meet up with each other, but nothing is being decided Anyone??

As I said before, we would have to bring our kids, so if anyone wants to have a FAMILY get together, can we plan that?? Chris, maybe its just going to be your family & mine When do you want to meet?
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Sep-26-04, 17:45
Stay in the ZONE!!

I am bringing this back to the top. I am still interested in the get together, my kids may come, but they are older. Don't know about the husband, depends what time of year, we are in the start of harvest right now!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Oct-14-04, 07:49

Stats: 229/200/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Sorry that I haven't been keeping up with this, but I've been without a computer for a while. Has anything been decided on a get-together? I, too, would have to bring my three small children so a family outing sounds great. Do you think we can get anything decided before the busy holidays and the winter weather sets in? Again, the Des Moines area would be better for me, but I would consider travelling to the Iowa City area if that's easier for others.
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Dec-17-04, 12:54
This is my Life...

Stats: 202/188/140 Female 67
BF:?
Progress: 23%

BUMP!!
Hi- Just found this! Sorry, seems like I stick to one part of the forum...

I'm Carol from Des Moines area, I have 3 children- 4, 2, & 1yr, and am interested in a get-togather if it's not too late. Would have to be after the holidays of course, and then there's always weather. We reserve Sundays for church and family, but Saturdays would work.
Iowan, how old are your kids? Maybe we could have a smaller get togather with kids in someone's home??? Or wait til spring and plan a day at a park. Anyone else here with small children? Wouldn't want to exclude anyone who would want to come who doesn't have kids either.

I'll also subscribe to this thread so I can keep up with it! Carol
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Oct-03-06, 17:58

BF:

It's been a while since this has been discussed. Any interest still?