Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1546   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-17, 17:29

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Trigger---Here's a thought for the kiddo on vacay instead of Wi-fi. Does she like to take pictures? If she took some at home, and then ran them off on paper and brought them w/her, there's a A LOT of artistic things you can do to pix w/markers and the kind of supplies she has. Plus she could take more pix to "posterize" while she's there. Throw in some scissors and she could work on some collages. All this could be done on a picnic table, outside in nature---and doesn't involve disappearing into a device.

Seems when you're outside and near water, in the RV, you're so stimulated by the possibilities you don't need food to entertain you. Plus it's a controlled environment for you in that you only bring zero carb stuff. Perfect. Too bad you can't create the same factors camping out in the back yard. Still, the question might be, what more can you get involved w/at home that keeps you stimulated? I know for me that when I'm busy and engaged, food doesn't cross my mind.

Jaz---Is it safe to come out at work yet? Hope the house-cleaning occurs and you get a fresh start. Very nice that you got supportive texts from some of the gals.

In response to your comment, actually I DO over eat sometimes, mostly on treat nights. When I had hubby's spaghetti a few weeks ago I definitely over ate. There will never be any stopping me w/that, which is why it only happens twice a year. Then on a treat night a week later when we had people over I also over ate, combo of treat and LC food. Both times I felt crappy after. But I do know how to kid rid of the bloat w/in a day or so.

What bothers me most is when I over-eat LC food, as that is my day in day out food. THAT doesn't happen very often because while I like those foods, I don't LOVE them the way I do carbs. My best way to stop that is count calories in my head, and think about that before I have seconds. Also just letting 20 minutes pass after eating usually kills the temptation.

My word for this year is perspective. Which is helping me at work, and also w/food, as in not beating myself up for an off plan moment by reminding myself that I'm on plan 98% of time and have been for over 4 years. Which is kind of mind blowing to me. And by taking the bird's eye view when I get antsy or bored on my woe as I did recently, as in "this too shall pass" and it always does and I'm happy back at woe camp.

Best reason to cancel a date ever---new grand daughter! Hope you guys try again.

Lori---Sounds like you and sis had your usual fun time together. The 6 weeks till Virginia Beach will fly by, or you'll golf it by. Rented a house on Virginia Beach years ago w/some gal pals. We had a blast. The town is like a big carnival in the summer, very festive and hopping.

Nic---Your circadian rhythm is restored! It is hard to under-estimate the restorative power of good sleep. Stress and lack of sleep always drive me to my low points and rob me of my word for the year, "perspective." Can't find it when I'm overly tired or stressed.

Interested in finding out what younger son thought of the public high school. My son transferred from his small charter school to the large public high school in our neighborhood at exactly your son's age. He did well there and he liked it, so we were surprised when after one semester he elected to return to the smaller school. We let him make those decisions, and it was a good thing in the end.

He found out for himself that as you said "wherever you go, there you are." I'm a big believer in that. As I am in the "show don't tell" thing w/kids when it can work. Telling them anything at that age is like sailing a paper airplane right over their heads. But when they are allowed to experience it, find themselves being shown certain truths, it works so much better.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So today was a girly girl day. I had some errands to run, in a fun area w/some of my fave shops. Found a fab duster jacket at a hip and expensive place, but it was on sale for just $23! Chinese reds w/hints of turquoise, very light soft cotton and long. Will be great w/jeans or black pants and a tank.

Then at same place I found the most incredible black capris. They are wide leg ones with really cool design details I can't describe. They weren't cheap, but I KNOW I'll wear these all spring and summer long. In clothing, I live for a great pair of pants, no matter the style, and particularly in black, which I can then pair w/ANY top for work or play. Slid these babies up and they just FIT and flowed and are SO flattering. I never walk away from that, doesn't happen often.

Yeah, I get jazzed when I find something pretty to wear. It's my mom'e genes. Also, trying on some clothing was encouraging. Not where I want to be---are we ever?---but I am doing fine and can still wear many of the things I love.

Perspective.
Sponsored Links
  #1547   ^
Old Wed, Apr-26-17, 04:28

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Blue- as usual I love your post. You sure are in the right business. Writing is such a natural for you.
Love your word- Perspective. I knew I mixed up yours and Leeann's word- hers is balance. Funny how they just seem to fit you both!

I love getting a little something new! Especially black pants! Love you got a duster jacket with it too! We have a little shop like that- Soft Surroundings, next door to Chico's in the shops across the street where I work. It's a dangerous thing!
I hate that feeling of over eating. Like you- don't get it why I would do it on LC food. Oh well thankfully doesn't happen often as much these days. But when it does it's a good reminder as to why we don't eat like that anymore.

Leeann- I am curious too as to where the DS15 wants to go next year.
Also very glad you are feeling better. There is nothing better than good sleep. Did you buy anything on Vacay? I am always interested in what people buy on Vacay. I bought my last pair of gym shoes in New Orleans. I still have them- they don't get much use.

Trig- How ya doing gal pal? So you were cleaning out the RV? It sounds like a lot of work to not only ready it- but to clean up afterward. Is that true? Better get it cleaned up as storms tomorrow afternoon.

Lori- where are you? Did your sis wear you out? No boot camp this morning? I don't know how you do it! WTG
-----------------------------------------------
All- I am having big time laptop issue. Every time it does a auto update- it freezes up and it takes me hours to reboot it.
So I am considering options at this point. URGHHHHHH

I think I have 2 days before it does it again. - Not sure if I even want to drop money into getting this one fixed. I am thinking.

Work- They did NOT clean house as I thought they would. WTF????? I am shocked. Management was told by HR that employees are entitled to their thoughts and feelings. Even if they are calling the management racist, old, and just bad mouthing all the way around. Bottom line - HR is AFRAID of getting sued. Shocked! But ya know - I have to let it go too.

As Leeann says- I may be watching the circus - but these are not MY monkeys!!!!!!!! One of the gals stirring the pot did put in her notice yesterday. Another one went on a interview yesterday. Hopefully this will resolve on it's own.

My boss has another year- before she wants to retire. She is 64. I do see her leaving sometime next year. She has always been very nice to me- but I see her struggle in a leadership position. She is not right for that position. But it is what is it is. I will deal with it. I go in - do my thing and come home- get paid.

I am flat out stuck in my WOE- I am tired of "always being good"- and not losing. I am not tossing in the towel- I would be 500 pounds tomorrow if I did. Not to mention I hate the way it feels when I don't eat well. But I am getting edgy in that I don't feel in a good place with my clothes. And that matters to me.

I have so many outfits I was so sure I would be in by now. I also thought I be have dropped like mad after my surgery. I am just venting. I will stay on plan- just frustrated. I know I need to move more. I do SIT a lot during the day due to my work. It's a sitting job.
I also have been working through my lunch- at my desk! By the time I get home - the vampire job has sucked out the will out of me to work out or do a heavy walk.

Ok- done whining. Sorry- just had to write. I will be back when I can be more positive! But I know ya'll feel it at one time or another!

Have a great day
  #1548   ^
Old Wed, Apr-26-17, 06:20

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Blue- Very excited for you about your clothes scores! I am not a clothes horse in any way but even I was feeling the thrill of a good find or two! Yay!!
Very interesting how our sons are similar. My son is a lot like me. Is your son like you?

Jaz- Well that is a surprising turn of events. My DH is a labor and employment attorney and I'm sure he sees all kinds of workplace drama and such. I don't know, I keep out of it. Hopefully people who need to go will make that happen on their own.

••••••••••••••••••

So the visit to the HS did happen yesterday bc rain canceled their game. They are SO BEHIND in baseball. 9 games behind and 2.5 weeks to get them all in. With limited pitchers this is a very bad scenario!

The school visit- he liked it. Honestly, I like it for him overall bc I hear nothing but good things about it. No school is perfect and he would have to bring more self discipline and such to the table, but I guess my take on it is, what would it hurt? If he goes and he likes it and does well, then great! If he goes and doesn't like it, then he absolutely welcome to return to the other one.

We have told our kids, all three of them, all along, that they are at the parochial school because they choose to be. It wasn't because we don't have good public schools (they are consistently among the top in the nation) or because or religious reasons or anything else. DD21 wanted a smaller school, we liked it for her, they all chose to follow suit. This is the first kid who is saying "maybe this isn't for me.."

That's not to say that the idea of a change isn't nerve wracking or scary, that things won't go wrong. But, change feels like that most of the time, doesn't it?

So, we will table this for a couple of weeks and see how things look at that point. He needs to think it over, as do we. No need to fret or make a decision quite yet.

Weight coming down nicely but expect that a slowdown will occur from today forward.

DD21 and fiancι had to make a decision on the townhouse as other apps were in and waiting, so they chose yes. They actually have access to it on May 1 and have to be out of their apartment May 15, I think. It's always something!

Meeting a friend for breakfast at 9 (omelet for me!) and the cleaning ladies coming at 8:45 so I'm signing off for now.
  #1549   ^
Old Wed, Apr-26-17, 08:11

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

I'm here, I'm here!

I got up stupid early this morning. Like 3:45? Not the cat's fault, I was awake and had to go to the loo, so just got up. This was my day off boot camp, so I just got started stripping beds and doing laundry. Then I went thru yet more closets and clothes. I took 3 bags to the Community Aid box. This was mostly summer stuff, golf shorts etc. Many were too big.(YAY!) I still have 1 more closet and some drawers to sort thru. Maybe I'll get into that on Friday. Golf tomorrow and 80 degrees!!

Jaz...hard to believe they didn't clean house at your office. As you said, hopefully things will resolve themselves with some of the troublesome ones quitting and finding other jobs. I hear you on being discouraged with your weight not moving and those cute clothes just out of reach. We just have to keep trying....giving up is not an option, right? Vent away.....we're here for you!

Nic...so nice that your kids have/had the option to choose the best school experience for them. Hope your son is happy with his ultimate choice, although, as you said, he can always go back to the other. So now you'll be helping your daughter move? Whew! It is always something!

Blue...love the sound of your new clothes. I'm at the point where I won't buy something unless I absolutely love it. I don't mind spending more money if the item "speaks to me".

I did some cooking this morning, so now I have the kitchen to clean. I have to clean before the cleaning lady comes this afternoon.

Have a great day!
  #1550   ^
Old Wed, Apr-26-17, 16:50

BF:

Quickie-see above for personals

EXCEPT- Leeann!!!!!!! You know what need to happen and you do it!!!!!!!

Lori- sorry your not sleeping! I to have a hard time getting back to sleep after getting up to pee. Good for you though on making the most of it though and getting your house cleaned up. Doesn't it feel great to de clutter. After 10 moves in 7 years I have really learned to travel light.

All- well housing cleaning DID come in the 5 notices of resignation today. An entire dept. except for 1- are leaving. ALL the schedulers but one gave notice. Funny they all got hired at the same company they are going to and all want to start together. Good for them- BYE........ My boss was shaking and shocked. ME not so much.......

She called me to her office right off the rip- pacing, flipping her hair, crying, "what are we GOING TO DO?????"- I got soft spoken...... Well...... we are going to saddle up hire and move on. In the mean time we will all pitch in and get it done. Period. It's ok- it's ok it's ok....... she ranted, raved, cried, and then got angry. I listen 4 times she called me in. I sat there and listen and told her- it's ok we are going to be ok -

If need be we will all do what has to be done. This is temp. And not unexpected. She looks at me and says, your not shocked? No I say I have been training to do their job because they have been threatening this for months. I know their software. If push comes to shove I will schedule- I don't care.
Not my monkeys. I go to work- do a job and get paid.

I am not doing what I want- so I might as well do whatever to support the company. At the end of the day I need to keep my lights on.
She hugged me before I left and thanked me for being her "right hand man". Puts me in a good position- she would be lost without me. This I know- so does leadership now.

I am just sitting back and bidding my time. For what I don't know. I am still digging out from the whole move still. Maybe you all didn't know I lived for 6 months totally on credit cards to make it. Rent and all at 1200 a months just for rent, then car ect....- do the math- I am about 6 months from being out from that. Rough time that was.

Ok I just needed to vent- DONE

Ok now I want to open a discussion about gut probiotics- ?????????? It's the new all that. Is it? Does anyone else go there? Spent my lunch hour browsing the juices, drinks, cider vinegar, things from Fresh Market - all with LIVE probiotics. thoughts?

Ok all tuna for lunch- chick for dinner.

Had 1 glass of wine at pool after work. Had pool to self!!!!!!
I'm worn out ladies- I feel like I am treading water and not moving.
I know I have a lot to be thankful for- safe great apt, secure job, health, awesome kids, another grand baby.... the list goes on. So why am I so dam drained?

Have awesome evening ladies
  #1551   ^
Old Wed, Apr-26-17, 17:37

BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Lori---You continue to inspire me w/the closet cleaning. Every time I read your posts about how you're getting on w/it, I say, TOMORROW! Still, really planning on getting a start on it, yeah, tomorrow. We'll see...best laid plans and all that.

Nic---To answer your question, son is a lot like me. Which accounted for a lot of our head bashing when he was a teen, imo. But now, it's fun more often than not.

LOL, when he was born and they put him on my tummy, he opened his eyes and stared at me, and I had the weirdest feeling of looking right into my eyes, on someone else. I have looked into those eyes many times since of course, and seen them saying, right back atcha mom. Sometimes I want to warn him about the consequences of "being like me" and I try, but he'll learn most of it from the rest of the world now. At a point we give it up to others to teach the lesson, as much as we are always there rooting for our babies.

Is more sleep and feeling more grounded helping you be happier on plan? How long does it take you to be back on plan, before the cravings to not be on plan act up?

Jaz---OMG, your boss is a wuss. Obvious to me that there has been a growing revolt against her budding for some time right now. That's A LOT of resignations in one day, and understand it would shake anyone in charge.

But the point of being a leader and a manager is that you tough it out, you don't sob in the office all day. You do that at home w/a friend, NOT an employee. You ask yourself some hard questions and then you lead with the answers.

Seems to me you are doing everything your boss SHOULD be doing. Hang in there. You have some unique opportunities here.

Know you're discouraged about the lack of weight loss after surgery. I would be too. But I would say, your healing is not done yet. You HAVE seen a difference in your belly, visually. I think that will continue. Don't let a few bloaty days, for whatever reason, define where you're at.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So tonight want to share w/you gals a great new discovery, if you like ginger beer. "Gosling's Diet Ginger Beer. Check it out. It's great on its own, but I love it as a cocktail mixer. A shot of vodka, and plenty of Gossling's, add some lime and a cinnamon swizzel stick and you've got yourself a no carb fun "Moscow Mule" that won't put you under.

Good day on plan. "Drank" breakfast and lunch, LOL, and I don't mean cocktails. Had my iced cold pressed coffee and cream for both. Had a lot of running around to do today, was busy enough that I didn't have the time for, or thought of food. The cream coats my tummy and fills me up.

Tonight will be one of my fave salads. Romaine, hard boiled eggs and crispy bacon as the base. Tonight I'm adding snipped pieces of sun dried tomatoes and green olives. Topped w/my LC French dressing. YUMMERS!
  #1552   ^
Old Thu, Apr-27-17, 04:18

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

HI guys
reading along but no time but for fast HELLO to all

playing catch up with everything. the mowing is a nightmare, tried to get kiddo to do it yesterday and she bowed out....too hot for her LOL....so who does it? Me of course. Hubby will 'mow again' over it cause it was so high I couldn't cut lower. he is off next 4 so he can handle the extra clean up on the landscaping!

ugh...just busy busy with everything and will catch up with ya'll down the line

fab day all
  #1553   ^
Old Thu, Apr-27-17, 04:29

BF:

Good Morning!

Up early again.....this time it was the cat. Although, I was awake and heard her coming. I'm getting tired of my bladder getting me awake at 3....I think Gabby knows I'm awake and then comes in to get me up. Round and round I go. She will be sleeping outside Friday night so I can hopefully sleep in a bit Saturday morning.

I'm off for the golf course at 8:45. Hoping for a fun day and a good score! I'll enjoy the walk on the beautiful green grass if nothing else.

WOW...big shake up at work Jaz. You have such a great attitude. Your boss needs to learn that crying and carrying on will not help one bit. As Blue said, she should be venting away from the office and acting more managerial at work. I hope she knows how lucky she is to have you.

Have a good day everyone!
  #1554   ^
Old Thu, Apr-27-17, 08:00

BF:

Jaz- WOW!! That is one major shakedown!! Guess they had been planning that for a while. Your boss must be all kinds of clueless to miss that something was going down in a whole DEPARTMENT. I feel like I was just a side witness to an episode of Survivor! At least you are still on the island!
Meanwhile, I admire you greatly. You have your head together and are calm. You are chipping away at your debt and unswayed in your WOE. In my opinion you rule at staying on track when things get bad.
Probiotics- Dunno. I eat yogurt sometimes and I have on occasion taken apple cider vinegar (with the mother) in water but ugh! strong taste! When I was having all my stomach issues I did buy and use a probiotic that had a gajillion bacteria in it and had to be kept in the fridge.
Keep doing what you are doing Jaz. Not surprised you feel drained, you have been under a lot of stress.
BTW in case I failed to mention it, VERY GLAD that things are going well with your D's pregnancy and will continue to send healthy pregnancy vibes her way.

Blue- I related to your comments about your son. Having my third born has helped me understand myself and my childhood experiences so much better and has also really taught me what some of my own flaws are (that I was blind to) and so I have been able to work on them. He has made me a so much better person than I was.
Yes, definitely feel good and solid being back on plan. How long? Dunno. I don't know how to answer that. But going well for now, anyway.
I hope you enjoyed your salad!

Trig- I will be out mowing this afternoon, I think. It has been hard to get in with the rain. Good way to get some steps in!

Lori- Enjoy your golf day!

••••••••••••

Hi all,

Things are fine here. DD21 and F signed off on a 2 year lease for the townhouse yesterday so that is a good thing. Two years of stability will be good for them. We will help them get moved over the next few weeks as needed. At least one area of her life will be settled!
DS18- Stable and happy.
DS15- Seems good. School decision tabled for a while. Knock on wood, doing VERY well this quarter so far academically.

Down 4.8 from Monday to today. My range is 138-143 and I am one pound off of that now, at 144.0.

Sugarloaf craft show comes to the MD Fairgrounds this weekend and I will likely go to that tomorrow. I will grab a few small things for DD for her bday. We will be seeing them on Sunday.

Hugs to all!
  #1555   ^
Old Thu, Apr-27-17, 17:13

BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Trigger---The busy bees got ya and they're dragging you along! Hope busy means too much to do to worry about food. Love it when that happens to me.

Nic---Fantastic on the 4.8 lbs down! You betcha you know how to do it! Another week and you'll be w/in whispering distance of your low.

Didn't realize your daughter's condo is a lease, not a purchase. That makes a difference in it not being a huge thing, other than the move. At least they're not tied to that decision for more than 2 years. Buying something is a lot more complicated and long term consequential. I am suspicious of condo purchases because of the HOA fees which can go up at any time.

Lori---Hope you had a good day on the greens. You sure picked a passion that always offers a challenge---every single time you play, no matter how often that is.

K-mom--- You must be busy with your daughter. Hope you two are having a lot of fun.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, in a way, Trig's kiddo got me thinking with her youthful approach to art and all the digital ways to express oneself. When I had my store, I was never without an art project, usually several. I had scads of equipment and materials, depending on what I was doing. When I closed the store, my need for that was pretty sated for a long time.

But now I feel it returning, but I want to do it in a less cumbersome way in terms of supplies. I have always loved doing collage work, and am very attracted to computer collage art. All you need is the computer and the programs.

Thinking about getting photo-shop program, and taking a course in it. Then the Painter program, and it just goes on and on w/out ever getting your hands dirty! I'm not the most digitally talented person, but I think I could muster it up to do what I want in art.

Then still thinking about joining the club. Clearly, spring is doing it's work and getting me thinking about new beginnings. We'll see what shakes out, but I need some creative NEW in my life besides work and clothes.

Had left over meatball soup for lunch. Small bowl. Wasn't that hungry. Steak and LC black soybean baked beans for dinner---and extra delishy batch because hubby added breakfast sausages. I know some of you don't do soy, but I have no problems w/it, and these backed beans are as good as the "real" ones. SO good w/steak.
  #1556   ^
Old Thu, Apr-27-17, 17:58

BF:

Hey all I have read your posts and really will respond in the morning- been nursing a nasty headache and just want to go to bed. It's a behind the eyes kind and hurts.

I think some motrin and sleep for me will do wonders. So tired I can hardly keep my eyes open.

Large cobb salad for lunch- fish burger for dinner- it was so so. But only 1 carb.

Ya I think work got to me- got through it- but it was like a vampire today- just cause tired.
I too think the mass exodus was planned. Oh well-

You all doing great - catch up in am.

I still don't know about this computer. New vs fixing

Have great night- going to bed
  #1557   ^
Old Thu, Apr-27-17, 19:19

BF:
Progress:

Jaz, get a new one! I mean it. Maybe that can't be done today, financially, understand. Although there are many ways to buy this kind of stuff on time, no interest. Have bought everything in my life that I couldn't afford totally at that moment, this way.

How long have you relied on this computer? If it's over 4- 5 years, you've got your money out of it. Let it die, and stop ditting and dotting money in on a device that is past its time.

In a way it's like a car. IF the foundation is working, and you can pay in now and then to keep it working in a way that makes more sense than buying a new car, or even a new used car, then, yeah. DO THAT.

Been there in both places. But if it's one thing I know, as much as a luddite as I can be---ie, NO facebook for me, no linked in either, no regular use of a cell phone---if it's one thing I KNOW I need is that my computer can keep me up in the areas most important to me.

Yeah. May be time to refresh and renew, digitally.
  #1558   ^
Old Fri, Apr-28-17, 02:53

BF:

Good Morning!

Finally a good night's sleep and up at my "normal" time! Woohoo! Gabby was out last night since it was so warm. She has currently had her breakfast and is taking a bath here in the living room. Happy girl.

Ready for boot camp day #3 for the week. Put on 6.5 miles on the golf course yesterday. It was warm but overcast all day yesterday. I think the sun started to peek out when we were on hole #17. Oh well....it didn't rain, but man the grass was wet all day. I stuffed my shoes with newspaper when I got home as that is the best way to dry wet shoes in my experience. Saturday we have an early start for golf(8AM), so I'm sure the grass will be really wet again. I really need to invest in some waterproof golf shoes.

Jaz...hope you woke up with the headache gone. You sure don't need that with all that you have going on at work.

After boot camp I'll come home and shower and then just putter around the house. I have some laundry to get to and not sure what else. Maybe a nap?

Make it a good Friday.
  #1559   ^
Old Fri, Apr-28-17, 04:31

BF:

OMG I feel like a new person! I sooooooo needed that sleep.

BLUE- Ya, I have put in quite a number of hours booting and rebooting this thing. I have already set it back to factory settings 3 times in 10 days. My son face timed me twice just to get up and running. He thinks it's a hardware issue. I do too. That means $$$. Yes it's about 5 years old. That is really old in computer years. So thanks for the push..... now what to get!!!

You said meatball soup? Meatballs with pork rinds... got it. What about the broth? Anything else in it?
I love that you are exploring a art/photo shop class. I think you can just buy the software and just play- depending on what you want to do with it.
Do you ever miss your shop? I bet you had such a cozy warm shop that customers would just take their time and browse in.

LORI- I am in awe every time you talk about boot camp and the amount of walking you get in. I really think that is great.
Don't they make waterproof golf shoes? That sounds like a no brainer to me? Glad you are in your groove!

Leeann- I love reading your posts. You have such a practical way of looking at things. yet you are thoughtful without a knee jerk reaction to things.
Just a noticed observation. So is you DD and BF going to be near you when they move? Interesting they would want to move to a rental. ALTHOUGH- I been watching the news... They say that younger people don't have the desire to buy homes anymore. They like the fact they are not tied done to a house and or payments forever. Different generation.

Trig- I get the need to fly in and out of the thread sometimes. But at least you are still checking in! That really says your commitment to the thread and your WOE. Post when ya can.
Are you getting ready to open the pool? Whatever happened with the sand issue?

Kmom- thinking of you. Hope you are well and on plan.
---------------------------------------------------------------
It is amazing to me what restorative sleep will do ones body. I was drop tired - hit that wall yesterday. I slept 10 hours straight. Feel really good this morning.

I have a moderately busy day in front of me. I would rather be doing something than nothing.
Then after work- the boss wants to take me out for appetizers and wine for an hour to "chat". I know this is dangerous territory. I will just be peppy and encouraging and leave. I think she just wants to vent, and know I am supportive of her. She is feeling really low about now.
Funny thing is I really like her as a person. I don't respect her much as a boss. I think she is in over her head. But it is not my call to make. So I will enjoy her company and encourage her and come home and take my Bella for a nice long walk.

Tomorrow I will go to Greenville to see the "kids". DD had another ultra sound and has hit the 12 week mark! She is doing well!
So I will spend the day with them. I am taking lunch then we will head over to Lake Hartwell for a hike. My little grandbaby is the cutest ever. He is 18 months now and every bit in the throws of terrible 2's. I think it's hilarious. He really knows the word NO!
Funny how much my DD loves me now!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH
Being a mom is the toughest and best job in the world.

Well- I guess the 2nd cup of coffee is gone and I need to get my butt up and moving.
I will be on plan today- it is something I do for me. It feels good.

Any thoughts on apple vs. the rest? I prefer a laptop- I like a reg size key board. My old eyes can see tiny crap anymore. Ya old school here.
  #1560   ^
Old Fri, Apr-28-17, 07:24

BF:

Hi Ladies!

Blue- Love that you are considering these new and exciting things for yourself. I love it and encourage you to pursue any and all of them wholeheartedly. Being creative is a necessary part of you and not having it be related to work would probably be a very good thing.
BTW, while I don't eat much soy, I don't see it as a problem in moderate amounts. It's not like you are eating tofu and black soy beans every day!

Jaz- so glad you feel more rested. I know what you mean about how that can make such a difference.
THRILLED that your DD's ultrasound went well. That is awesome. I hope and pray that her pregnancy continues to a healthy conclusion- a precious new grand baby!
Computers: I am a Mac Fangirl for laptops, myself. I think the quality can't be beat and I don't have any issues with them. All my kids use them and because they last so long they get handed down. None of my kids get a new laptop until they graduate high school, then for a graduation gift they get a new Macbook. It takes them all through college and then some. No regrets.

Lori- Hopefully you are having a clear and sunny day like we are here. Hot too. Enjoy it!

Trig- hope all is well!
KMOM- hope you are enjoying your SD and Hawaii!

•••••••••••

Things are fine here. TOM arrived early again - I suspected it would last night and I was right. Well, I am not loving these shorter cycles but it has moved me away from DS18's graduation week, at least. Last thing I need is ANOTHER reason to be emotional that week!

No way no how would I want those DD21 and F to even be thinking about buying a house right now! They are one year out of college and just starting out. Nope, they should be baby stepping their way along. IMO to buy a house they need a very healthy savings account - anything that goes wrong, once you own, has got to come out of your own pocket! They've got plenty of time and no need to rush. We owned our first home when DD21 was coming up on four years old. Plus, real estate is expensive as hell here. The rent on a townhouse is 2k/month!

Going to Sugarloaf craft fair today and I am looking forward to it. Lots of wandering, lots to see, lots of people watching. Then I will try to get a CASA visit in during the late afternoon.

Have a good day, all!
Closed Thread