Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-13, 09:34

Plan: Low Carb/Paleo/Primal
Stats: 193/184/130 Female 62 inches
BF:Too much/?/25
Progress: 14%
Default STRESS & CORTISOL

I've been reading the Hormone Cure book and doing a little research wanted to pass on what I have learned especially for women...Stress causes your Cortisol Levels to rise and is often responsible for why we sometimes gain several pounds in a short amount of time Before going back to a Low Carb lifestyle I gained 15 pounds in just a few months while I was exercising and probably not eating more then 1800 calories a day. In addition to changing my diet I also started taking a Maca Supplement everyday. Maca Root is a Super Food and can help balance hormones,decrease Cortisol levels,Give you natural energy and increase libido. It comes in pill and powder forms but I like the powder best and put it in Smoothies,Protein Shakes even herbal coffee. You can play around with different brands but the Gelatinized is broken down and easier on your stomach. Vitacost and iHerb have great prices and Navitas is a great brand. I have been using Maca Force. It comes in flavored Vanilla Spice or Mint :-) I definitely feel better with it in my diet.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-17-14, 06:48

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

How's it going with the Maca?

I'm dealing with my own adrenal issues.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-14, 13:48

Plan: Low Carb/Paleo/Primal
Stats: 193/184/130 Female 62 inches
BF:Too much/?/25
Progress: 14%

Hi WereBear,
I definitely feel better when I am taking the Maca. I like the Gaia Organic Gelatinized powder the best. I put it in my morning smoothies or protein shakes :-)
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-14, 14:48

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerwee89
Hi WereBear,
I definitely feel better when I am taking the Maca. I like the Gaia Organic Gelatinized powder the best. I put it in my morning smoothies or protein shakes :-)

Dagnab. I will investigate! I feel orders of magnitude better since starting Liposomal C, but of course I want to prevent ever feeling this exhausted again!