Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Thyroid Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-07-06, 16:03
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%
Default You make my head spin!

I got that line from Lucas on supernova. That's how I felt when I came out of my drs appointment. I went to see about my possible appendicitis. I brought my last thyroid test to ask him why my medication levels keep going up. I knew he wasn't the dr for me before I ever met him.

1. article on the wall above the magazine rack -why too much protein is bad for you.

2. Huge pictures in the exam room of beef with all the fat showing.

3. He told me armour doesn't work- that's why I take so much.

4. armour thyroid is made from cow brain and I'm at risk to get mad cow disease.

5. Then he told me to stop taking all thyroid meds for 6 weeks, he will test my tsh then, because armour suppresses TSH. Free T3 and Free T4 have large normal ranges which makes those tests meaningless.

6. My hashimotos test meant nothing, you could still have it without having antibodies. Not sure is that true?

I could barely keep my face straight. I did tell him armour is from pigs- thats why it smells like bacon.

God the American Diabetic Assoc is awful, but what about thyroid. Why does this idiotic stuff go on.

Oh yeah, he said my appendix may blow. How can I believe anything he says?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-08-06, 11:11
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Sounds like Scotty from Star Trek... "Capt'n her appendix could blow any time!"

Darn, too bad you didn't take the clues in the waiting room to heart. You could have walked out and saved the fee.

I'm reading a book called "Blink!" and one thing they said is that you can pretty much tell very quickly which doctors get sued and those who don't, by watching the way they treat their patients.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-08-06, 11:24
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

I thought my insurance would still get charged if I left 5 min before my appointment.

So is talking over the patient one of the signs of a much sued dr? Or an empty waiting room at 2pm?
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-08-06, 13:41
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

LOL! I think it was talking down to patients, not listening well, rushing them out.

Yeah, you might have been charged if you left. *sigh*