Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 19:25

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 200/180/140
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default Adkins Banana Nut Muffins

I just made the adkins banana nut muffins. YUM YUM. It says 6 carbs but if you are counting carbs only count 2. Do I only count 2 carbs for the muffin?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-21-02, 09:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

TracyR, it's "ATKINS" not "ADKINS", you need to know this if you are going to Search for anything here at this website.

As for the carb count, you should read up on all the product info and about label reading, right here on this site, and decide for yourself if you are sensitive to certain kinds of carbs that SOME companies decide are or aren't worth counting.

Experienced low carbers usually rely on the Effective Carb Count that's determined by calculating from the calories in a product, and you can use the Hidden Carb calculator (click on the Tools menu above).

Hey, don't forgot to introduce yourself in the Introductions Forum and have a look in the Newbie's Questions Forum, it's VERY helpful when you're starting out.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jun-22-02, 23:00

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185/185/145
BF:36
Progress: 0%

I have been making the cran/orang atkins muffins, but after asking a couple of questions I was directed to the hidden carbs inspector and found out that those muffins came out to be 18g of carbs. I would check those out just to make sure you aren't blowing your carb count.

Becki
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-02, 18:54

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 200/180/140
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default Reply

Thank you Judy for the correction. Oops. Why would Atkins products have hidden carbs? It says right on the bottom of the products, if you are counting carbs count only this many. I would think they of all would not have any hidden carbs?
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 20:45

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 271/217/186 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 64%

Tracy:

Saw your post in the Atkins Diet thread, and then read your journal.

First off: I think you need more direct and effective help than you are going to get on the cyber waves. You seem to know what would work, but you are choosing self destructive actions anyway. You need some direct intervention, from a well informed family member, or from a counselor, or health professional.

See if you can find such a person in your immediate area, and put yourself in their care to get back into a healthy, positive behavior pattern.

How much exercise are you doing?? That can be critical in getting your food cravings and addictions under control.

Second: The Atkins Corporation makes big bucks from selling attractive food products. Dr. Atkins has wonderful, revolutionary, and very insightful observations about why many of us need low carb diets, but the corporation makes money selling products that have market appeal, including hidden carbs.

Nuff said.

Keep on, keepn' on!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-03, 00:49

Plan: Atkins/low carb mix
Stats: 206/184/130 Female 5'5"
BF:Size 12
Progress: 29%

The banana nut muffins are awesome extremely close to the real thing and VERY filling. After 2 muffins I was stuffed for hours like I had a huge meal and I have a big appetite.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 00:53
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 307/168/155
BF:
Progress: 91%

I've eaten nearly all of Atkins dessert type breads and feel they're some of his best products (well not his, remember he contracts out the making of his products, he produces NOTHING on his own, just stamps his name on them which obviously is worth alot at least when you have to buy the stuff). The orange/cran, blueberry, banana-nut and his CORN BREAD is AWESOME! His bread mixes, (rye, country white etc) are a not quite as good as a few other products (try Ketogenics Honey Wheat or White or Pumpernickel if you want really nice bread), but his pre-baked country white and rye is quite good to my taste at least (at a paltry 3 carbs per slice).

Regards,

LoneInAz
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-03, 17:13

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 200.6/156.8/120 Female 5' 4"
BF:Flabby
Progress: 54%

I have tried the Banana Nut, Blueberry and Orange Cranberry muffins. All are very good, but the Orange Cranberry is my favorite. One thing I noticed though, that after I eat them, I tend to eat everything else in sight. They have the same effect on my as a regular donut.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-03, 18:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally posted by vixen69
... One thing I noticed though, that after I eat them, I tend to eat everything else in sight. They have the same effect on my as a regular donut.

Ouch. The dreaded CRAVINGS have been triggered. That is the PITS but it's best you know about it and be warned...
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 18:48

Plan: atkins 20-30 carbs
Stats: 164/155/125 Female 61
BF:30%/?/?
Progress: 23%

Ok, I need help with these muffins. I am about to make them as we speak and dont know what kind of oil to use. The package says 1/2 cup of oil but it doesnt specify what kind. Help, please ...the package is already open. I dont want them to taste funny.

Thanks
T
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 21:28

Plan: Atkins/M&E/HCG
Stats: 233/186/160 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 64%

Use regular old cooking oil. Canola oil.

I made my first batch this weekend. They were great. BUT there is a better muffin recipe, if you like flax seeds. Do a search and you will find a thread labeled the best flax seed muffins. Or something to that effect. Now those muffins are worth writing home to mom about.

Deana
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 12:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress:

I agree with you Deana.....the best flax seed muffin recipe is truly the best!
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 13:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/204/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

I love the Atkins muffin mixes. I have tried the banana nut, corn and blueberry. I think they are all great. I make them in mini muffin tins so I get 24 out of the batch, then I freeze them and have one as a treat every now and then. I also add one packet of splenda to the mix because I like them a little sweeter.