Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#496   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-14, 19:57

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Someone who hadn't seen me in over a year was surprised how I looked. She said she almost didn't recognize me. Love those comments!
Sponsored Links
  #497   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-14, 19:24
Triple digit loss

Plan: Dr. Bernstien
Stats: 352/206.8/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie OFS
Someone who hadn't seen me in over a year was surprised how I looked. She said she almost didn't recognize me. Love those comments!

That is so Awesome! Kuddos to you and all your hard work
  #498   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-14, 08:01

Plan: Keto
Stats: 227.7/211.8/160 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 23%

Loving the fact that I shaved my legs last night and it didn't take nearly as many strokes as it normally does. It was weird - but nice. Almost like it wasn't my leg lol
  #499   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-14, 08:47
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyk26
Loving the fact that I shaved my legs last night and it didn't take nearly as many strokes as it normally does. It was weird - but nice. Almost like it wasn't my leg lol

Think of all the $$ you'll save on blades. I've noticed the same thing with my BP cuff. Before, it was barely big enough to work. Now I have more than 3 inches to spare and may need to go down to the regular adult sized cuff soon. A lot of surface area goes away when you lose a few inches on your arms and legs. My arms look like they belong to someone else (legs, not so much). But I'm sure I'll get used to them.
  #500   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-14, 09:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 390/231/200 Male 5'10''
BF:
Progress: 84%

I keep thinking I've picked up someone else's underwear, they're so small. I'm always a little surprised when they fit.
  #501   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-14, 10:00

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock
I keep thinking I've picked up someone else's underwear, they're so small. I'm always a little surprised when they fit.

Same here! Every time I wear my newest t-shirt, I think it's not going to fit because it's not 3X. It's just a Large. Just doesn't look right!
  #502   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-14, 11:51

Plan: Keto
Stats: 227.7/211.8/160 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock

Just went shopping the other day and picked up new shirts in a large size. The shirt I really liked there was only a medium so my bf told me to just try it on. I did and to my surprise it fit! and the larges i picked up were too big - i had to exchange them for mediums. Still every time I wash them I hold them up and am in utter disbelief and shock that they fit
  #503   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-14, 19:12
Triple digit loss

BF:

Okay for the first time ever I was in a skirt going a little over my knees. On a job interview with a recruiting company. And I crossed my legs... Seriously had them crossed! Sitting back no worries. Pretty comfortable!

Loved that
  #504   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-14, 14:06

BF:

I have to go to a wedding tomorrow, there will be pictures... arghhhhh... So I decided that in the interest of not looking like a rodeo clown that maybe I should buy some clothes that actually fit. So I schlep myself over to the mall and buy a belt and pants. The clerk asked for my driver's license, took one look and said, "wow, you have lost a lot of weight!". Normally I prefer people not say anything, but that felt pretty good.
  #505   ^
Old Wed, Sep-03-14, 06:35
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

OK - today I'm going to state the obvious... I love getting smaller. For most of my life, I'd fit clothes good for a while. Then they'd get a little tight, then tighter, and eventually I'd either split a seam, tear out the crotch, split a zipper or pop a button. It was time for the next size up. Now the process is in reverse. Month after month after month I just keep getting smaller. The only difference is that I'm not destroying my clothes. When what I am wearing gets too baggy, they are still serviceable clothes and can be donated. Going the other way, anything I was wearing was ready for the trash can before I was through with them.

So Matlock... Did you end up buying yourself some new snazzy clothes for the wedding? I look forward to doing a little shopping when I can actually fit into something that is not on the BIG & TALL rack.
  #506   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-14, 14:36

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
So Matlock... Did you end up buying yourself some new snazzy clothes for the wedding? I look forward to doing a little shopping when I can actually fit into something that is not on the BIG & TALL rack.

Not so much. I did get a Jerry Garcia tie, mostly cuz it was half price, partly so I could rehash that old joke: What did Jerry say when he got out of detox? OMG these ties are hideous!

It's so nice to be able to walk into a regular store and find clothes that fit, after years of frustration, hassle, and ridiculous prices. It felt so strange finding clothes off the rack that actually fit me, I kept wanting to buy things I didn't need.
  #507   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-14, 15:53

Stats: 296/220/205 Male 71 inches
BF:25%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
I look forward to doing a little shopping when I can actually fit into something that is not on the BIG & TALL rack.

I'm now down to a 42 waist, maybe a 41 but not quite 40. I'm sure you think it will be fairly awesome to buy clothes in a normal store. Well you would be wrong. It's totally absolutely awesome. As good as you think it will be only better. It's my #1 favorite thing about my weight loss so far.
  #508   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-14, 06:26
Triple digit loss

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflammabl
I'm sure you think it will be fairly awesome to buy clothes in a normal store. Well you would be wrong. It's totally absolutely awesome. As good as you think it will be only better. It's my #1 favorite thing about my weight loss so far.

haha! I totally agree I am looking for a new computer job. Went with a friend she convinced me to goto macy saying that had a plus size area. She is plus size... I know when I went last time about 9 months ago they didn't have a a good plus size area.

Anyway, I said okay... But I said let's see if the normal fits. Sure enough I bought two suits for $190. What a deal!!!! at Macys no less!

Drum roll please... The sizes where one suit was a size 16 and the other was a size 18. And I fit into an XLarge camasal.

I could not believe it I was floored

I was telling the register lady I love you Cause she gave me a 20% discount she had available instead of the 15% offered. Then I opened up a macys card yet again and received another 20% off... Just lathering her with gratitude for the discounts she helped me get.

One suit was already 50% off then additional. Less than 200 dollars for 2 dress/suits.

At lane bryant I probably would have spent $400 with a 50% sale. And the clothes would not have been as nice.

Whooo Hooo!!!!!

I was and still am so thrilled
  #509   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-14, 08:02

Plan: Keto, IF
Stats: 224/136/124 Female 64 inches
BF:44%/23%/20%
Progress: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinita
On a job interview with a recruiting company. And I crossed my legs... Seriously had them crossed! Sitting back no worries. Pretty comfortable!

Loved that

Yes, me too! I love being comfortable crossing my legs!

And, well I've said this before, but after getting back from a long trip I have to say it again: my clothes take up less room in my suitcase! Wow! I never realized how little I pack, as it took up so much space -- now I see that my clothing needs are quite modest compared to others.
  #510   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-14, 11:47

BF:

Went through my last box of stored clothes today. Found three brand new thick winter shirts. I probably got these for xmas years ago, stored them thinking someday they would fit. That someday is here--just in time for this cold snap. I find it odd that I can fit into a large shirt at 245 lbs., I would expect to be in an XXL at this weight.

Anyway, it's really nice to have all those "clothes I can wear someday" boxes finally emptied out. I honestly didn't think it would ever happen. Now to clean the rest of the crap out of my closets...