Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1741   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-18, 06:03

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

TRIG- Cross posting again- can't wait to read your post! Funny how this works for all of us!!!

Congrats- to kiddo-
FEEL BETTER TRIG!!!!! - Soy sauce blows me up!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #1742   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-18, 06:16

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I made it to DSis's about 11:15 last night. I left the parking lot of work at 9:09. I made great time. Not much traffic on the turnpike....just a few trucks, but not like there would have been during the day. I didn't mind the trip at all. I guess Sis and I went to bed about 12:15.

Today we're going to go to the local park she likes and she will walk the paths and I will get my run in. I didn't run yesterday as the weather was horrible. Snow showers and wind and SO cold! This is April? At least it wasn't all the snow like you gals had in MN! Tonight we are going to Bonefish for Bang Bang shrimp. Not LC, but oh so good.

Blue...your description of Jaz is just as I picture her! So glad you all had such a good time. Where do I sign up for Charleston?? I love Charleston, or will travel to anywhere we decide. Somewhere warm sounds good to me!

Trig...congrats to your daughter on her art award! I love that she has plans for next year. Sorry you're not feeling well today. Wonder if it's the soy that's causing you problems? Maybe a day resting your "innards" would not be a bad idea.

Jaz.....hope your training is going well. When do you head for home? I have totally lost track of the schedule of events around here. Is Bella at a doggie spa while Mama is away?

Well, time for another cup of coffee and to chat with Sis. We have a couple hours before we'll head out for our exercise.

Hugs to you all!
  #1743   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-18, 07:31

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Okay so first off, when you guys mention a popover, is that like a New England popover? Sort of like a very light, hollow muffin?

Super, super fun to read about the get together you all had. Sounds wonderful all the way around. I would be willing to join in on a get together. Let's get a head count of who might be interested and what the best months would be to consider, and go from there.

Trig- Great news on kiddo and winning third! Funny it was on her doodles and her reaction to it (and then her second realization!) She is a very talented kid on a lot of different levels. Does she like to read? I am getting the art, the tech, the good grades/good student.

Sorry you aren't feeling that well. There might have been some MSG or something in it that has unsettled your system. Hopefully you will be feeling better soon.

Jaz- Sounds like you are focused and ready with the learning and the meetings. Glad you are asking questions. Love that you had a gift for Blue and KMom. How thoughtful you are!

Lori- Glad you got to your sister's safe and sound. I know you will have fun! Enjoy getting your run in and your Bang Bang shrimp.

•••••••••••••••

Jaz asked about summer plans-- yup, I got em!

Dh and I are traveling the end of June. I think it is to Chicago. Work related for him, fun for me. I'll go on a companion pass (free) and stay in the hotel room he is in (free) so little cost for me.

I have a girlfriend trip loosely planned midsummer (July) to San Diego. One of the women owns a condo there so lodging will be free and I will fly in on points.

Working on a trip for the first two weeks of August that will likely involve Kansas, Oklahoma and New Mexico. DS19 will be with me for that and possibly my brother as well. Again hoping to fly in on points.

So, yup, summer plans, check!

Planning to mow the lawn today for the first time this season. It is sunny and clear, high in the mid 60s. Perfect! Jeans and a Tee!

On plan.

Won't go into it here but my Mom is making me crazy. She revealed a relationship a couple of weeks ago that is going pell-mell crazy fast. It is like an atom bomb went off and we are all trying to absorb this information. She is taking more emotional energy than all three of my kids combined!
  #1744   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-18, 08:37

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds

Monday: Jaz _/5, Blue _/3, KMom 3/5
Tuesday: Jaz _/5, Blue _/3, Mom 4/5

I didn't see any water posted for this week. Catch me up if you can, or just take a pass for those two days.

I WILL make my goal today. I am focused on getting my water in. Not a strong start for me this week.
  #1745   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-18, 08:50

BF:
Progress:

Nic:
I agree. If we get together...you should be the planner. What a gift you have in that area! ~ Yes, I think the popover sounds the same, but Blue will know for sure. I ate it before my dinner (after the appetizers) and SO enjoyed the taste and texture! ~ Wow, you have a summer full of trips! I would be very tempted to drive to Chicago to see you, but it is in the middle of my DC trip and the cruise. My husband was from Chicago so there is a lot of family there. I keep telling my two sister-in-laws I will come for a couple of days, so that would have been perfect to combine the trips with a short visit with you! ~ I think I will suggest A Quiet Place to my SD and her boyfriend. I will need to read up on it and have them understand most of the story before they watch it. The closed captioning goes way to fast for my SD, plus she only reads at a first grade level, so it is very challenging for her. Just the fact that it has some signing in it will make it fun for them. ~ Brrrr on the baseball game, but so smart to show up late! Your clothing choices would fit in great here where Blue and I live! But then again, our weather is about to turn around big time! Up in the low 60's in a few days! Woo hoo!

Back for more personals a little later,

K-Mom 10x4
  #1746   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-18, 19:52

BF:

Quickie in and out- KMOM- due to circumstances I am taking a pass on reporting - but will tell you I am on track

I would love a Charleston thing in the winter- early- like Nov, They have all the lights out and so magical! Think about it ya'll

OMG went to a place card WILDFIRE- BLUE/KMOM you have to go PLEASE!!!!!!!

Awesome- go during happy hour 5.00 drinks, appetizers- LC at that!
got shrimp cocktail huge- then bacon wrapped scallop, and grilled chicken, and a glass wine, and tip out the door 35.00
Lovely lovey place - reminds me of where Blue took us- PLEASE GO in my honor. I bet though you have been!!!!!
Awesome place- and huge portions

I gotta sleep=

In morning personals- rough week- tomorrow- back to 1/2 class room and travel home. Rough too- get back soon
  #1747   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-18, 19:52

BF:

oh...... had door cherry's Blue! just 2- plain
  #1748   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-18, 20:29

BF:
Progress:

Jaz:
I agree on taking a pass from reporting water this week. You will be back on track soon. ~ I have never heard of Wildfire. Is it at the MOA? I think you said you were going there today after class. ~ Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight and have a good trip home.

Blue:
Have you hear of Wildfire? Sounds like a good LC place. Maybe we should check i out! ~ When is your appointment with the ENT? I am pretty sure it is sometime this week.

Lori:
Glad you had a great and fast trip to your sister's house. I know you will enjoy being with her. Such a great bond you two have.

Trig:
Third place out of two hundred entries for some doodles she did not even spend much time on....Yeah, for sure she should be excited about next year! Must have given her a lot of confidence in her drawing ability! ~ Hope you are feeling better. A wonky stomach is the pits.

Me:
I am doing a 36-hour fast starting after dinner tonight. One of the women on the 90-Day thread asked me if I wanted to join her. I am going for it. I have done these in the past. It might help me get a little weight off. It sure is slow. Not at all what it was like before these meds. ~ I made my flax/pumpkin OMM and at the end I realized I did not have an egg. I had all the ingredients in the mug. So I added a little water. Amazing! It had a great taste and consistency. I am going to call it "Pumpkin/Flax Goo." I ate it with a spoon. I really think it tasted like a pumpkin bar...albeit a lot more gooey. ~ I guess I am doing ZC tomorrow! I am joining Trig for the day.

K-Mom 10x4
  #1749   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-18, 05:10

BF:

I am up way to early! Went to bed early though!

KMOM- Wildfire is near about 2 miles from here, from the hotel. It is near a Target. You MUST GO!!!!! Go during happy hour when the appetizers are 5 bucks. Meet Blue there. You must have the scallop wrapped in bacon!!!!! Serous it was THAT good! Tons of LC options!
The gal that sat next to me ordered a pork chop- I swear it must have weighed a pound. It looked very primal- meat!

Blue- see above!!! - When is your ENT appt. ????? I woke up with a stuffy nose this morning I think it's the cold air here. I don't have any other symptoms.
Are you going to the Prince Tribute?

Nic- Wow a full summer of plans! What's in Kansas? New Mexico?
Glad you are sorta cruising along and on plan.
Mom troubles huh? Well as you have said in the past- I am going to quote you here: "Not my Circus, not my monkeys". You said that once in a post- and it has totally stuck in my head. Especially when CRAZY presents itself. I say that out loud sometimes. So maybe it applies here?

Trig- Hey neighbor, I hope you are feeling better. I hope it was just something you ate, not the tummy bug that your hubby had.
I know you are proud of the kiddo!!!!! Even 3nd place for "doodling"- wowsa! What's on your agenda for the weekend? Are you hiking yet?
Hey- What do you think about a Charleston girls weekend????

Lori- Awesome you are spending some good time with your sister. I like Bonefish Grill, it has been a while since I have been there.
My Bella is with my mom. I pay her to care for her. I will not board my pooch. She would not have it. I refuse to put her in a cage- NOT!!! LOLOLOL-
When are you going home? Are you staying over the weekend?
-----------------------------------------------------
Well I am ready to go home. Except for the fact I need to get back on a Southwest plane. There was yet ANOTHER incident yesterday. I will NEVER fly with them again. Not that any other plane is that much better- I just hate flying. My worst fear- being sucked outta a plane window at 3500 feet. Oh and that feel of weightlessness when the plane takes off- it just flat unnerving. Ok- enough of that- I am GOING HOME.

So I got a 100% on my paper!!!!!! I am addicted to A's. Wowsa- school going well. - remind me of this 6 months from now when the fun wears off!

So I have figured out that this trip was basically a waste of time for our group. They have not even built the software for our program. So we are watching the other teams use the program- and none of it appeals to us.
So I am just chalking it up to OK- The company just paid for me to come out here to meet my Thread Buddies- and eat! I have learned nothing to take back - except the corporate office is impressive.

Well ladies- gotta pack and next time you hear from me I will be tucked in my cozy doll house. I am on plan- WOE, and drinking my water. Will report next week.

Have a STELLAR day
  #1750   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-18, 05:18

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori hope you are having fun at your sister's house! what big plans for today?

Nicco, very nice travel list happening! Sorry about the over the top emotional momma ya got going on Just grin and get thru it, don't accept drama and ya might be ok, just don't think about it LOL

KM, best of luck on your 36 hr fast. Me, never will do a forced fast I only don't eat if the guts don't want food, and that is rare LOL
I ended up eating meatloaf and bit of gravy and some leftover ribs, once my guts came around I sure got hungry again!

Hey all
fast one
dog off to groomer today, not yesterday, but today LOL
laundry going
kid home with earache....hmmm, well hmm, put some antibiotic drops in we had left from another time, gave her some ibuprofen and I told her she gets ONLY today....omg go to damn school already LOL Only like 6?weeks left of school and she is getting very antsy now to get out, I get it oh well....

word of warning, don't LOOK around your home. I was in the kitchen and thought, darn, I want a new kitchen! My home is going on 30 yrs and I got new countertops etc but cabinets are looking dated and all and I thought, hmmm, just rip it all out and put in new. Then I talked myself out of it HA HA If I am leaving this home in about 6 yrs then why drop 20/30K into it and if I do the kitchen then I will have to do other things HAHA
I think a coat of paint over the whole inside will suit just fine and maybe some new living room furniture, well, the paint is easy, shopping for furniture, kinda like too much work so might not do that HA

I need to get out and about and not stay inside too long cause now everything is looking older. I would rather sell this home 'as is' and let others update as they want and desire and me run from it all When kiddo has her college choices made etc....we can buy a new home or just travel or whatever....the whatever means I should not pour money into this home.....ugh....oh well...just rambling along as usual

off to get the day moving

more meatloaf to finish which is ok, I am kinda just 'in tune' with eating it around brunch time meal and not worrying about it.

dinner, hmm, chicken thighs I am thinking.

great day all
  #1751   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-18, 05:22

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

missed your post Jaz, posting at the same time I guess.

wow sorry the trip was kind of a bust but at least it was in the neighborhood of Blue and KM

safe trip home!

No hiking yet.

hubby and I are gonna check out a gym next week. Yes he said he is gonna try to drag me to a gym. Real reasonable cost, $30/family (up to 4) per month and use of all the centers and free all group classes, any one of them. SO I AM thinking about it....maybe with him I might get into it? no clue but will check it out tho

all flying stinks ya know I hear ya oh that!!!! You will be home soon and relaxing in your nice new home!
  #1752   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-18, 05:36

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Jaz...sorry your trip was a waste of time as far as work goes, but awesome that you got to meet Blue & KMom. I know it's frustrating to be sitting in training/meetings that do not apply to your work at all. Been there, done that. Safe travels home. I know Bella will be glad to see you...glad your Mom is able to take care of her when you're away.

I got my training run/walk in yesterday, but it was miserable. The sun was shining, but a biting cold wind and the trail I ran was steep hills right into the wind. I was only out there for 30 minutes, but it was long enough! Today the weather is to be worse....cloudy and rain showers and cooler. Where is Spring?? The running training is going ok. I know I can cover the 6.2 mile distance, no problem. Now...how long it will take me is another matter! I will start increasing my mileage in the next few weeks.

We went to Bonefish last night and had a nice time. It seemed like the chef had spilled the spice into the Bang Bang shrimp...WOW.....they were ultra spicy. We have never had them like that before. Not as enjoyable as usual. I also had a wedge salad that was delish.

Today we are going to Chico's to see if Sis can find something to use a 40% off coupon that she has. She says she doesn't need anything, but if something "speaks" to her, she'll use her coupon. We'll probably have lunch out at our fav pub too. Probably an appetizer of some type. For dinner tonight we're just staying home and making some chicken or something. Her granddaughter is coming from 4-6 this afternoon while her parents have meetings, so that will liven things up! She is 10 years old and a talker!

I may head up to the gym here in my Sis's building later today. I need to practice my balance training. I don't think they have a wobble board here, but I'll make do. My trainer also suggested I look into Power Yoga, so I found some YouTube videos on that. I'll start that next week when I'm home.

Enough of my rambling! Have a good day everyone!
  #1753   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-18, 07:51

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Okay, so. If a get together is decided on to happen, I am happy to take the helm on the planning. Let's get a show of hands first, of interest, then from there narrow down a month, and go from there. I can say that for ME, early next year will be better. Between summer travel, a September wedding and a friend asking me to take a FL trip with her in October for her birthday, my schedule is pretty full. That being said, it isn't about me and I get that!

KMom- I'm sorry I didn't get to see you when I was in MN last time! I''m sure we will get a chance to meet up. I think SD and date would enjoy the movie especially if you go over things with them beforehand. The first 10 minutes at least of the movie are completely without speech or sound.
Good Luck on your fast! I hope it goes well for you. If you go the whole distance, then awesome! If not, even a portion of the time is great and you will reap benefits from that.

Jaz- The KS, OK, NM trip is part of my 50 by 55 goal. I haven't been to KS and OK ever, and NM not since I was a child so I don't really remember it, except from photos I have seen as a child.

I LOVE Southwest, they are my airline of choice. Have you listened to the woman in the cockpit while she was calling and letting them know what happened and what she would need to do. Stone Cold Calm. She is amazing. Airline flight is incredibly safe- first fatality since 1971. Compare that to cars or any other mode of transportation. Just saying.

Sorry your time in meetings has been a waste for your particular office, but glad you got to go on the trip!

Trig- What is the rate of return on fixing up a kitchen? How would it increase the asking price of your property? If you would get a good rate of return on it, then why not do it and enjoy it while you are still there? You may be leaving in six years but maybe not. Still, it is a pain to live through all the construction. The next thing we might do is update the bathrooms.

Sorry kiddo has an earache. Wonder what caused that?

Lori- those shrimp sound HOT! Yikes! Wonder if they could have redone them for you guys? Have a great time with your sister!

•••••••••••

All is well here and on plan. Quiet morning, then my first line dancing class. Gotta stop at the store for some fresh fruit for DS, some milk, other minor basics. Also picking up some salsa so I can cook up some salsa chicken to have on hand.

Oh! Also going to a birthday party tomorrow night for my friend so I will pick up something for her. I'm leaning toward a gift card for a massage.

Guess that's it!
  #1754   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-18, 08:09

BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds

Wednesday: KMom 6/5

Jas - PASS

Blue, do you want to wait till next week also?

I had to post my water because finally I had a good day!
  #1755   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-18, 08:13

BF:
Progress:

Nic:

Raising my hand that I WANT to meet up, but also lowering my hand partially because I am just not sure about what is going to happen with my A-Fib. I plan to decrease the meds after the cruise and also think about having an Ablation.

But just know I would love it!
Closed Thread