Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 11:48

Plan: generic low carb now
Stats: 210/212/145 Female 63
BF:plenty
Progress: -3%

Roth's markets now have a low-carb section ... They are in the Salem/Mid-vally areas ...

Better yet, their ad has a "low-carb specials" section, too ... This week Atkin's bread was $2.99 a loaf ...
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Mon, Dec-08-03, 23:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 259/193/165 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:???
Progress:

The Pangratatto bread........ I tasted the sourdough, didn't care for it personally, the hi fiber is pretty good thou.......... I've heard the cinnamon swirl is not very good, anyone have a comment on whether it is worth buying? thanks!
  #108   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-03, 01:21
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default oh man!

I love the sourdough pangrattato. Perfect for sandwiches.

They have it at the Hollywood Freddies now. they also carry a couple other lo carb breads form franz and some other brand. And they have the la tortilla factory and the don pancho lo carb tortillas. of course they don't cost any less than going to a specialty store but at least i don't have to make an extra trip.

damn this diet can get expensive.
$5 for a loaf of bread? whine...
  #109   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-03, 18:18

Plan: generic low carb now
Stats: 210/212/145 Female 63
BF:plenty
Progress: -3%
Thumbs up

I just bought the low carb bread (Food for Life brand) at Trader Joe's in Tualatin (was going to Portland anyway), haven't tried it yet but it was $3.29 and they had regular and pumpkin spice. They also have La Tortilla Factory, lc pasta and pasta sauce, cereal, and Atkins shakes and bars in the store.

I bought natural peanut butter, almond and hazelnut meal (making lc cheesecake for all my holiday potlucks). macadamia nuts and stevia powder (haven't tried this yet, I really like splenda but am trying to limit how much I use. I hear mixing artificial sweetners helps).

I was delighted with the variety they have and much better priced than the health food store. (Almond meal was $2.59 for a 1 lb. package, 1/3 of the price at the health food store in Salem.)

Also, has anyone been to the Super Walmart in Woodburn to see if they have LC products?

Last edited by Skyangel : Wed, Dec-10-03 at 13:05.
  #110   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 02:37

Progress:
Default Anyone find the Bread.....

I have heard that Low Carb Emporium bread is really good, but haven't seen it yet in my trips up to Portland.

The low carb store here in Astoria doesn't carry it. Is it good? And what is the best in that brand when I find it!? I've also heard raves about cheeters bread, but it sounds awefully high in carbs. Thanks for your opinion! I got some of the low carb Milk!!!!! at my low carb store here thou! Wow! I love it on my Hi Lo cereal..... what a great change! I just got the whole milk........ it has more protein in it than regular milk and just 3 carbs a cup next time I'm going to try the chocolate! yumm!......... Get'nskinny
  #111   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 12:41
Gold Member

Plan: Atkins -Maintenance
Stats: 250/132/150 Female 5'6
BF:y, are you hungry?
Progress: 118%

Hey all I'm late finding this thread. I moved to Portland about a year ago but I work in Beaverton. I have been to the lowcarb store in Beaverton but the shelves are somewhat empty these days. I do apreciate all the info here but boy it will take me a week to read all the threads. To bad there is no sticky or something with the adresses to the resturants and stores in our area.

Gabrielle
  #112   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 15:49

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

welcome Gabrielle!!

i acutally live in hillsboro and work in clackamas. we seem to have close to the same stats. feel free to visit my journal and help share tips or whatever. i would stop by yours but i see you don't have one.

michele
  #113   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 17:36
Gold Member

Sorry Michele, you're right no journal. It is one of my new years resolutions though

Gabrielle
  #114   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 12:17
Gold Member

Hey I already posted this to the main Atkins link but since you all are in or near me has anyone here found someone to make alterations to clothing? I have some suites I would like to keep.

Gabrielle
  #115   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 09:46

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

sorry Gabrielle, i am a jeans and tee-shirt gal (flannel in the winter...) so when my jeans get to big, i go to the good will, trade them in for some smaller ones. i plan on getting some "real clothes", you know ones that fit propper and all, once i reach goal.
  #116   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-03, 12:54
Gold Member

hey all,

Thought I would give this thread a bump buy reporting that I found some new Atkins products at the Fred Meyer on burnside in Portland. I found the Just the cheese snacks and the flaxomeal cereals and mufins.

Gabrielle
  #117   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 15:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/209/140 Female 66 inches
BF:38%/38%/25%
Progress:

Hello Fellow Oregonians!
I am wondering if there are any Eugene/ Springfield area members? I live in Eugene and am brand new to Low Carb. I tried it about a year ago and after I got sick, I didn't try it again. I know it works though! I saw results just while being on the induction and I have watched a friend lose a lot of weight and keep it off.
Also, I wanted to let people in this area know that there is a new Low Carb store in town. It is called "Casus" and it is located in the Delta Oaks Shopping center on Green Acres road.
  #118   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 16:24

Plan: Atkins (modified - no red meat)
Stats: 324/244/150 Female 5'6
BF:46.6%?/42/20%
Progress: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORprincess
Hello Fellow Oregonians!
I am wondering if there are any Eugene/ Springfield area members? I live in Eugene and am brand new to Low Carb. I tried it about a year ago and after I got sick, I didn't try it again. I know it works though! I saw results just while being on the induction and I have watched a friend lose a lot of weight and keep it off.
Also, I wanted to let people in this area know that there is a new Low Carb store in town. It is called "Casus" and it is located in the Delta Oaks Shopping center on Green Acres road.

I'm a Eugenian! WELCOME

There's another Castus store at 28th & Willamette, but the Delta Oaks store usually has more stuff. One thing to watch out for, though, is that there are a lot of stores in the area that are starting to carry LC stuff at cheaper prices than Castus. Market of Choice has an ever-growing selection. Fred Meyer has a good variety. Wal-Mart (the Springfield Wal-Mart has the best prices and should be building out into a Super Wal-Mart within a year). Even Safeway. Do yourself a favor and shop around before spending $$$ at Castus.
  #119   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 15:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/209/140 Female 66 inches
BF:38%/38%/25%
Progress:

Thank you so much for the welcome! I really appreciate it. Also, thank you for giving me advice on shopping at Castus. I am really lucky that I live near Castus, Wal-Mart, and PC Fine foods. Hopefully between the three, I will be able to save a little bit of money. That is one of my major worries, is that I will be spending more than I should on groceries that no one else in the household will be eating. ( I have a husband and 3 kids who are not at all interested in LC) I will definately have to check out and compare prices. I tend to not shop at PC Fine foods because their prices are often higher than those of Safeway or Albertsons, etc.
Thanks again for the welcome and the good advice!
  #120   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 09:52

Progress:

Wow! we have a resturant here in Astoria that is adding a atkins menu! yahoo! finally a really nice place to go and have dinner and not have to worry what is in the meal! Just order! The owner let me sample their atkins friendly deep fried halibut, and an excellent sugarless custard......... and told me there will be several flavors of cheesecake too! Yummy! I know where I'm going to make my husband take me for Valentines Day! *G*