Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-08-04, 13:42

Plan: atkins ( 3rd time )
Stats: 16/14/12 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default "The Firm"

I was just wondering if there is anyone here on the forum that has tried "The Firm" ????

If you have could you please give me your opion on what you thought about it, did it or did it not work for you ????

Any insite anyone has would be great !!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-09-04, 11:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

#3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-09-04, 12:00
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 194/000/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Not sure
Progress: 441%
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadle
I was just wondering if there is anyone here on the forum that has tried "The Firm" ????
Hello kadle:
I'm an avid Firm user for more than 2 years, own quite a selection of Firm tapes, the old ones and all three new body sclupting systems (thanks to my daughter, she likes variety and wanted to buy a new system every time) . I personally think that using just heavier weights is challenging enough.
I like Firm and it helped me to get started on weight training, get in shape and gain muscles. Firm is the best if you need to work lower body, fanny lifter and all this squats and lunges, can't beat it. You legs will be in a best shape. As an additional benefit, it provides best cardio, try to climb up and down the step holding 10-15 pounds dumbells Firm uses compound exercises rather then isolating muscle groups, and it works better if you want to have more tonned body and don't get bulky.
The older tapes are more challenging, especially one for the lower body. Lately, I've been alternating Firm with Slim 6 series by Beachbody, power yoga and Pilates. If you are new to Firm or just to weight training, start without weights at all or use very light ones, the routines are challenging enough.
All in all, Firm is good but there are many great woprkouts on the market as well. You can also read all reviews on
http://www.collagevideo.com/

The most important is to stick to ANY SYSTEM you choose, and variety is the key.
Regards,
Dina

Last edited by dina1957 : Mon, Aug-09-04 at 12:13.