Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-18, 14:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/200/150 Female 5ft 6'
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Tonic Water.

I don't drink it. Not keen on the taste but I've been asked by a young lady just starting out if it is OK? She has 2 cans a day with a slice of lemon and her weight loss doesn't move . I reckon it is the lemon that is slowing her up. I am I right?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-18, 16:09

Plan: my own LC
Stats: 179/141/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 112%

I'm pretty sure that tonic water has sugar in it, just like any soft drink. Or is she drinking diet tonic?
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-18, 17:22

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Im pretty sure it is loaded with sugar---as I remember, I stopped drinking that many many years ago just for that reason. It is a soda.

Club soda is no sugar, and c zero calories-- add the lemon to that.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-18, 18:18
Registered Member

Plan: Keto
Stats: 250/215/180 Male 68
BF:
Progress: 50%

Tonic water is a sugared beverage. There is diet tonic water with zero carbs. I have diet tonic water and vodka with a twist of lime and I lose weight. It's around 75 cents at wal mart.

You can also make low carb margaritas with orange flavored Mio drink mix. Sub the Mio for triple sec, 3 squirts works for me.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-18, 23:20

BF:

I'm sorry I didn't explain properly. Yes, it is diet, that's why I wondered about the lemon. It's cheap over here too Paul. I'm certainly going to try those Margaritas... any more recipes where that came from... hic!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-18, 08:05
Registered Member

Plan: Keto
Stats: 250/215/180 Male 68
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi Misty. There are no significant amount of carbs in amount of juice from a few lemon wedges. However, if she is taking 2 or 3 entire lemons, there are carbs.

But here is my margarita recipe: tequila, 3 squirts of Mio (the kind with vitamins, not the kind with caffeine), then the juice from 2 limes. I use a squeeze type juicer to extract the lime juice. Then add ice cubes and either water or low carb beer to fill the glass.

Vodka and diet tonic water is pretty much self explanatory.

Bourbon on the rocks is also self explanatory, it'll put hair on your chest.

Those are all my low carb recipes.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-18, 10:21

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul in KS
Hi Misty. There are no significant amount of carbs in amount of juice from a few lemon wedges. However, if she is taking 2 or 3 entire lemons, there are carbs.

But here is my margarita recipe: tequila, 3 squirts of Mio (the kind with vitamins, not the kind with caffeine), then the juice from 2 limes. I use a squeeze type juicer to extract the lime juice. Then add ice cubes and either water or low carb beer to fill the glass.

Vodka and diet tonic water is pretty much self explanatory.

Bourbon on the rocks is also self explanatory, it'll put hair on your chest.

Those are all my low carb recipes.

Paul. We may be thousands of miles apart but we are kindred spirits! Cutting and pasting the recipes. I will raise a glass of whisky and coke to you this evening. I know it is sacrilege to put coke in whisky but I was taught to in the USA and Canada in the 1970's.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-18, 20:15
Grease is the word!

Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180 Male 72 inches
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%

I must confess, I made some LC Margaritas using the Jose Quero Blanco 1.5oz plus a can of La Croix Sparkling Water, Lime (Walgreen's or WM) lime slices & lots of ice -- Kosher salt on 1/2 of the rim if you care for it

The thing about real 'Tonic Water' it contains quinine touted to prevent muscle cramps and quinine is used to treat malaria.

Well, off to get me a pint
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-18, 23:37

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_d
I must confess, I made some LC Margaritas using the Jose Quero Blanco 1.5oz plus a can of La Croix Sparkling Water, Lime (Walgreen's or WM) lime slices & lots of ice -- Kosher salt on 1/2 of the rim if you care for it

The thing about real 'Tonic Water' it contains quinine touted to prevent muscle cramps and quinine is used to treat malaria.

Well, off to get me a pint

Oooooo Yes! That's me off to ASDA (Brit supermarket chain owned by Walmart) My dad came back from WW2 with malaria. Used to turn yellow regularly