Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-27-11, 15:42

Plan: the new high protein diet
Stats: 165/165/137 Female 5 ft 2 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default weight loss

hi read everything about weight loss.. am doing low carb plan.. did really well first couple of weeks... and like said before although the scales are not showing any weight loss only few pounds but then didnt really have correct weight before l started my clothes fit better and my stomach is alot flatter.. but l am l still watching what l eat.. i am missing fruit however can you possibly still be on a low carb diet and eat fruit.. not sure if l am on a stall... l am on my feet all day do alot of walking although l do look slimmer l am really disappointed that l havent lost any weight at all... so much so that l feel like giving up...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-27-11, 18:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/231/175 Male 72 inches
BF:265/231/175
Progress: 38%

Generally speaking, exercise does not really generate much in weight loss. To get weight loss, you really have do a lot of it eg running (really running ) over an hour per day. Remember, you have a basal metabolism that is burning around 100 cal/hr or 2000-2400 cal/day.

Weight is weight. The scales cannot determine composition.

Many people like to use measurements to augment or supplement the scales. If your body is rearranging itself, you may not see your weight change.

To you basic question, after the initial weight loss, almost everyone slows in weight loss. A healthy loss is 1-2% of your body weight per week. Some people are slower, some faster. Personally, I have been running 0.5-1% or 1-2 lbs/wk.

Some people stall eg stop losing weight. Some actually gain weight ( I have once or twice, even being on plan ).

Best advice is keep at it. Do things to encourage yourself eg journalling, taking measurements, ignoring the scales but once a month. Follow the plan as best you can. You are going to be doing this for a long time -- the rest of your life. So a few more weeks or months is really not that much.

Good luck.

Mike.