Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Mon, Dec-04-06, 23:11
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Um ... er ... no disrespect to Dr. Atkins at all, but low-carb diets have been around since approximately the mid-1800s. I have done quite a lot of research about low-carb diets, but I have not read Dr. Atkins book, nor have I read anyone else's low-carb diet book.

As far as Ketostix are concerned, after spilling 2 brand new jars of the things on the bathroom floor (which the label says makes them worthless), I gave them up for the health of my limited budget. And please, don't offer to send me any! They'd just end up on the bathroom floor, too, because I have hand tremors.

I've been losing weight just fine (will soon reach the "150 pounds lost" mark) on my very own "plan" that I made up all by myself, so something I'm doing must be right. And lest you imagine that I've lost 135 pounds of muscle tissue over the past 25 months, please be aware that, while I could barely stand up when I began this wol, I can now quite comfortably walk 5 miles.

In closing (I will not post again on this thread), I would like to add that I have read many of Mr. Bahn's comments (I think that's the gentleman's name; please excuse me, sir, if I'm incorrect), and I have found him to be quite intelligent and articulate. Kick him (and me) around all you like, but merely having a different viewpoint does not necessarily mean a person is "wrong."
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Tue, Dec-05-06, 00:46

Plan: food? what's food?
Stats: 234/185/165 Female 62 inches
BF:nothin' but wobble
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds8957
I am not easily offended. Even when you persistently misrepresent my position, even after being corrected and it has been restated ...

the apology was not directed at you. if i've misrepresented your position, it's only because you keep hopping all over the place from post to post. maybe if you stuck to one point, this thread might have something resembling an intelligent discussion.

Quote:
Oh well, i guess even low carb dieting makes some people cranky at times

actually that would either be the presence of arrogant stupidity, or PMS... i can never tell which will set me off.
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Dec-05-06, 02:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 338/280/150 Female 65 in
BF:too much
Progress: 31%

Quote:
The idea is not to lose "weight". It is to lose "FAT".

I began a new thread showing that Dr. Atkins agrees with me, but apparently it was moved to a different forum. Here is the link:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...threadid=317088

someone needs to tell jd that dr. atkins is dead...he doesn't agree with anyone.

and thanks jd, i didn't know there was a new way to lose fat without losing weight...im going to be incredibly disappointed when i can wear a size 12 and weigh 300 pounds.
  #64   ^
Old Mon, Dec-18-06, 11:09

Plan: South Beach/Atkins
Stats: 227/213/175 Female 5ft
BF:starting size 20
Progress: 27%

http://www.lowcarb.ca/tips/tips011.html

This answered most of my questions I hope it helps you
  #65   ^
Old Fri, Dec-22-06, 12:52
Registered Member

Plan: introductory
Stats: 210/210/180 Female 5 feet and 4 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default bjacarb

i can see both sides of the coin here. My opinion is this, to each his own. whatever works the best for the individual. My own personal opinion is that atkins works for me, and i do use the sticks to keep me motivated.