Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-13-01, 15:02

Plan:
Stats: 250/239/150
BF:
Progress:
Default Rebounding!

First of all I would like to wish all those Mom's out there a very Happy Mother's Day!!

I just bought a rebounder today! Wow, what a work- out! I'm pooped! I love walking but don't care to walk alone. I don't care for aerobic tapes because I can never keep up to the gals in the videos. I have an ab cruncher which is great, but gives no cardio work out. I have an old rope exercizer that attaches to the door knob, which is also great, but only for muscles. So then I thought of the rebounder. Boy, am I ever glad that I did, it's great, I love it. It gives a really good work out and I can feel the muscles in my legs burning after a couple minutes, so I know that it is doing something! I just thought I would share my news about my new 'toy' I am hoping that it will help to take the fat off a little quicker as I have stalled at 11 pounds. I know that I haven't been exercizing enough. So I'll keep you posted to let you know if it has made a difference!

Rilee
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-13-01, 18:03
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Thumbs up ... rebounding

hi Rilee,

I've been loving my rebounder (mini-trampoline, for the unfamiliar) for a long time. It's wonderful, and as you say, quite a workout, both aerobic and isometric. I have fibromyalgia, and find that it supports my joints wonderfully without stress and strain, but at the same time gives an amazingly thorough workout!

There's even studies showing that crippled, wheelchair-bound children and adults, placed on a rebounder and someone else bouncing the pad up and down ... show improvement in vascular and lymphatic flow, and aerobic conditioning.

Keep up the great work(out) .. ... It's nice to find things one can do indoors, rain or shine, summer or winter.

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-13-01, 20:18

Plan:
Stats: 250/239/150
BF:
Progress:
Talking

Hi Doreen,

I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell you how much I love your posts! You are such a wealth of information!

I also have Fibromyalgia, so I am hoping that the rebounder will help me out with that as well. The worst part of the Fibro for me is always needing to stretch my muscles. I'm always stretching my arms or twisting my waist around reaching way up with my arms just to have a real good stretch. The stretching helps alot. Do you find that you have to stretch alot? I have days where I get really achy but otherwise it's not too bad. When I went to the Chiropractor for the first time a few months ago, he used that massager on my back. Gee, did it ever hurt! Every time he went over a pressure point I just about cried!

Rilee
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 11:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 148/136/122 Female 61 1/2"
BF:?/32%/
Progress: 46%

Just searching through threads and hope that someone is still out there that is rebounding, My DH got me one last Christmas and I never went on it excuse after excuse, but now my daughter left for college and her room was turned into my temporary gym.

I don't have the excersize sheet any more so I have just been jogging in place and doing about 25 jumping jacks...

Anybody have some excersize tips for me?????

Also, has it shown an improvement since I read somewhere its good for cellulite ??

thanks
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 05:25

Plan: low carb
Stats: 180/168/155 Male 68
BF:???
Progress: 48%
Default rebounder

Hi Carol---I have been using a rebounder for years, off and on, but for the last 2 months have used it 6 days a week. I mainly just jog and do different arm movements. You can use some light wieghts, but you will get a good workout without them. To get a more intense workout, you can vary the speed and bring you knees up higher. I usually go at least 30 minutes. I do a 15 minute warm up on a high stair step, to start, then after the rebounder I use my bullworker for 15 to 30 minutes. This gives me a complete workout. I ran marathons all through th 80s but hurt my knee, so I started using the rebounder, and found that I could still get a real good "run" in without the pounding the road gives your joints. The first rebounder I bought was the cheap Kmart one,$19.95, back in 88, but have since got a very high quality one, and it is a world of difference. Well, good luck with your rebounding, and feel free to ask me for pointers in using it. Taku John
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 05:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 148/136/122 Female 61 1/2"
BF:?/32%/
Progress: 46%

Thanks John,

Wasn't sure what I was doing, but I felt my heart rate going up after just a few minutes on it, I will have to add more time as I sit all day in front of a computer....

I really like rebounding for the same reason as jogging on the road hurts my knees.

Thanks again
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-05, 20:54

Plan: my own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5.4
BF:
Progress:

I need some rebounder excersizes to do. I just bought one and would like to know if there is someplace that I can go to download a booklet or something that can help me. I know there are different ways to use one as I've seen them on TV and they do things that I haven't seen before. Any ideas that might point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance for your help.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jun-11-06, 09:51

Plan: none
Stats: 210/206/150 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:
Default anyone found on-line excesizes for mini trampoline?

I just got a mini trampoline and would like to find illustrated (on-line) excersizes to do on it. Any help?
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jun-19-06, 14:54
Registered Member

Plan: M&E Maintenance <5carbs
Stats: 170/109.5/115 Female 5'1"-5'2" w/ shoes
BF:31.1%/21.3%/19%
Progress: 110%

I ordered a rebounder w/ 2 dvds from HSN. Awaiting it's arrival...