Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2011   ^
Old Tue, Jul-21-15, 08:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 297/242/160 Female 5ft 8in
BF:
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
No loss but no gain.😀 NSV in my book.
I am late today very busy week ahead.

Yesterday OS called I have to get an ultrasound today for ankle rule out circulation problem since I have some damaged nerves. 🙏 I am praying it is just from being full weight bearing.

Today I also have to get grandkiddies for awhile. DD is sick going to Doc. Feels crazy but will work out.
Elaine hang in there it can be crazy with grandkiddies 😀😆
Paulette huge congrats on the continued loss. So very happy for you and work coming in also what a great month

I hope the ankle is ok. You have really suffered through this.
🙏🙏🙏🙏
Sponsored Links
  #2012   ^
Old Tue, Jul-21-15, 08:27

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo
Good Tuesday Morning Warriors!

May that demonic contraption that we use to gauge our weight BE with YOU ALL today!!

That infernal machine is not working here for me. So I'm stuck at 117 lbs. Maybe that's my new "settling" weight??

I know in my heart of hearts that I will eventually lose the weight if it's meant to be!

I am not going to change anything up since I am controlling the things I can change like: Eating OP 100% every day and exercising!

That is really all I can do these days. Hopefully, in time, the weight loss will happen. I have faith in that and in this totally amazing WOE.

I will Keep Fighting the Good Fight and I will remain one of the 5%!

Topic Change:
Holy Hannah, they say trouble comes in threes right?

So having to pay all the out of pocket expenses for the tibia fracture wasn't enough. No oh No!

Nor all the out of pocket expenses for the cataract surgery.... No oh No!

Now my freakin' AC needs a new motor... it was blowing hot air Sunday! I called the AC repair guy yesterday morning. He came to look at it and went to get the part, but no ONE in town carries it! The "JOYs" of living in a teeny tiny town! Pffffffffffffffffffffffft!!!

He had to order the part and it will be here Thursday morning!

You know when the CRAP hits the fan in my world, I get a lot of CRAP!

Good News, since I'm a saver, financial stuff like those above don't really bother me much since I don't have to go beg, borrow or steal.

It just kinda makes me mad that that's where my $$$$ are going! Well, just means less of an inheritance for my kids to fight over!

Good News # 2: At least I know my AC will be working for a good long while after this eh?? And I found a reliable, inexpensive guy to fix it! Always a big plus!!!

I can always see the silver lining in any of the negative crap happening in my life. And none of these things stress me out!

I hope they get your air fixed. Hot! Hot!!
  #2013   ^
Old Tue, Jul-21-15, 08:33

BF:

Quote:
That is so cool that you get a student teacher! I've never had one since I'm highly qualified to teach a plethora of electives and usually teach 6-7 different classes a day. Usually student teachers only have one area they teach. Oh well!

I'm sure your student teacher will learn loads from you! How fun! You'll have to share your experience with me! That's always a HUGE NSV staying OP 100% every day!
Maybe the scale (demonic piece of crap!! ) isn't as kind BUT you know you are DOING everything within your control to get healthier!!

Glad to hear that your mom is getting some "free time" and that someone is coming in to care for your dad! Yep mom's gotta take care of herself if she has to take care of dad too!! You're an amazing daughter!

I have had a student teacher one time in 29 years. It was a really good experience. Back when I did it I had her for one quarter, 10 weeks. This time with the program they are in our room all year long. We will see how it goes.
I will for sure keep you posted. If it doesn't go well, I might need someone to complain to. 😀😀
  #2014   ^
Old Tue, Jul-21-15, 08:38

BF:

Quote:
Uh oh...you all realize we are past the 2000 posts on this thread!! One of the mods will be in here soon telling us to pack up and move to a new place.

I'll go find some boxes...oh heck let's leave all the OLD stuff and get NEW!

Oh boy!!! That's crazy!!! We do chat a lot.
You all keep me motivated and give me a place to stay on track.
I seriously can read a few post if I need a don't think about food distraction.
It really works for me.
Keep the next 2000 posts coming. 😀😀
  #2015   ^
Old Tue, Jul-21-15, 08:44
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Morning!

Oh no Jo ....no AC for days in this heat...that can't be fun. Yikes!!!
Yeah HUGE bummer, but it is what it is. Luckily have fans in all my rooms and I open all the windows before noon-ish while it’s still cool and airs out the place.

Keep windows open on the opposite side of the sun works in the afternoon...so does several cold showers a day! Hey it’s only for a couple more days...

But can you imagine how terrible this would be if I weighed 265 lbs or more??? See another check mark on the pro side of doing this incredibly wondrous LC WOE! Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaa!

Always a silver lining some where, eh?
  #2016   ^
Old Tue, Jul-21-15, 08:51
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJS
I hope they get your air fixed. Hot! Hot!!
Thursday AM is the plan. If it were later in the season and I was at school all day long, I might just wait, but we have a least another good 6-7 weeks of summer here in the southwest. So I'll get it fixed and know it will be good to go for a while!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJS
I have had a student teacher one time in 29 years. It was a really good experience. Back when I did it I had her for one quarter, 10 weeks. This time with the program they are in our room all year long. We will see how it goes.

I will for sure keep you posted. If it doesn't go well, I might need someone to complain to. 😀😀
When I did my student teaching 16 years ago (yes I got my education later in life, I was a SAHM for 19 years) we only did it the entire Spring semester. It was a very enlightening experience! I had the most fabulous teacher who was several years older than me.

Yep you can always complain to me anytime!
  #2017   ^
Old Tue, Jul-21-15, 08:53
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJS
Oh boy!!! That's crazy!!! We do chat a lot.
You all keep me motivated and give me a place to stay on track.
I seriously can read a few post if I need a don't think about food distraction.
It really works for me.
Keep the next 2000 posts coming. 😀😀
That's what so GREAT about this place, it keeps us motivated and on track. I know I've come here to "get off the carb-age" ledge when "Fat Jo's" vial temptations get out of hand!

Oh and we'll keep the next 2000 posts coming for sure! No problem there and I'll do my part!
  #2018   ^
Old Tue, Jul-21-15, 09:13

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

I told my daughter that I have a wonderful support system and that really helps me stay low carb..

She said, so Dad's being really supportive then? I said yes, actually he is. But the most support I get is from my online friends who also do low carb and that REALLY helps the most!

So Thanks my friends!!! you all help me so much to stick to Low Carb and work this WOE hard core!
  #2019   ^
Old Tue, Jul-21-15, 09:48
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

I'm gonna start a new thread before they force us out! I'll come back and post the link asap!
  #2020   ^
Old Tue, Jul-21-15, 09:56
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Talking

Grab your bags, we're moving:

Linkage for Hard Core Atkins '72 Induction Group #6

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...95&page=1&pp=15
  #2021   ^
Old Tue, Jul-21-15, 13:40

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
I told my daughter that I have a wonderful support system and that really helps me stay low carb..

She said, so Dad's being really supportive then? I said yes, actually he is. But the most support I get is from my online friends who also do low carb and that REALLY helps the most!

So Thanks my friends!!! you all help me so much to stick to Low Carb and work this WOE hard core!

Right back at you!!!!
Coming here to read everyone's thought several times a day has become my new habit. It has taken place of snacking.
Closed Thread