Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 08:17
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/149.2/140 Female 5 feet 6.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default a few questions

I have been doing Atkins for the past 7 days and am feeling horrible! I feel like I am eating way too much fat and just don't feel heathly! I was a big fan of fruit before I started this WOE and miss it terribly. I have about 25 pounds to lose and am wondering if PP is a better option for me? At least, with PP, I could have 1/2 and apple or some other fruit once a day. I think that would help me mentally. Let me know what you all think. I have read PP. I would also like to know if you think I should start with 30 carbs or 55? My cholestoral was high last time it was checked but I was not put on medication becuase my HDL was also very high!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 10:32
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi. Why don't you post a couple of typical daily menus for us to have a gander at? Sometimes, it's something specific that you are (or aren't) eating that's causing problems.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 10:59

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Ditto what Kristine said It would help if you posted some menus. One of differences between Atkins and PP is that Atkins is high fat while PP is more of a moderate fat program. Also, keep in mind that most everyone feels like crap during induction so it may just be your body detoxing the carbs out of your system. Orang also has high colesterol and is modifying her diet by eliminating eggs and beef.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 11:48

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Theadjack

Hi Kristine I love your sign!!

End of threadjack