Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#736   ^
Old Yesterday, 06:16

Plan: My Way; IF
Stats: 223/158.2/160 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

Good Morning!

Up before Sis this morning and enjoying a cup of coffee while catching up with all of you. I'm so glad I brought my laptop along this trip so I can keep up better.

We're going to have a leisurely morning of coffee sipping and chatting and then we'll strike out into the crowds of Christmas shoppers. I want to pick up a few things and also the stocking stuffers. That is always a chore. Teenage boys are really not that into stocking stuff. I know they all like sunflower seeds and jerky and I'll have to throw a bit of candy in there too. I'll see what else strikes my fancy. We're going to a brew house for dinner, so it'll probably be another bunless burger for me. That's what I had yesterday for lunch. A California burger with loads of yummy avocado and bacon. Let's not talk about the sweet potato fries that came with it. Sis did help me eat those, but I know they are not the best thing for me.

Jaz...how wonderful that Ava is coming home! I sure hope the family can understand that they simply cannot be coming into her world and bringing "bugs" from outside along! It always amazes me when I see people out and about with what is obviously a newborn baby. I never had the experience, but I think I would have stayed home and away from crowds for a few months. Also loved the pictures you sent of you and your furbaby. Lovely!

Blue...I love the sound of you plans. Just enough parties and dinners and then also cozy nights home with just the two of you. The perfect balance. Your trip to SF will be a whirlwind, but I know you'll have a great time. I'm sure your pal is looking forward to seeing you and getting that loving hug. Hope she continues to do well with her battle against that awful disease.

Nic...your running around and schedule makes my head spin! You are on top of it girl! Your dinner sounds so, so delicious. I am always scared when I cook something that is $$$. I'm always afraid I'll ruin it. Nice that you have it down to a science and know exactly how long everything needs to cook to come out perfectly. Not a Star Wars fan here. Not a movie fan at all actually. I couldn't tell you when I was last at a movie. Just not into it and neither is DH. I have some friends who would not think of missing any new movie that comes out, but that has never been important to me. I enjoy hearing about them, but have no desire to see them. My sister's daughter and family got to go to an advance screening of the new Star Wars movie on Thursday evening. I guess they enjoyed it, although she didn't make any comment except that it was a bit long.

Trig.....what's up girl?? Hope all is well and that you're just cruising into Christmas like the rest of us.

Ok...Sis is up and I'm going to make another cup of coffee. I love a lazy morning!
Sponsored Links
  #737   ^
Old Yesterday, 06:43

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco you are one hopping busy person
Living life in the fast lane for sure!
Tenderloin, steak, crab, uhh yea, like Jazz said, I am coming also! I would easily splurge on that food and not put a thought into it Special is special!

Lori, you drove into the bad weather, just crazy. I know you are having a great time tho...but hoping the drive home is easy for you. Sounds like you will have a fun time out and about with your Sis! Shopping out in the crowds, ohhh, it would take alot to get me to do that but the bunless burger sounds delish...not the sweet tater fries tho, never like those. hubby could inhale them but the sweet of them just gag me. Plus some places sprinkle a tiny bit more sugar on those fries to make them sweeter....oh boy, can't go there.

KM, the treadmill is broken already? Hmm, hope everything gets fixed ok.

On food you asked about, yes I get irked sometimes around other eating. Of course it is only if it is something I truly would love to eat. You know it isn't even about craving the food, it is that they eat it, anything they want They don't have to 'control like I must' in order to get by, but one thing I know is after a meal they don't feel zippy, they are slugs in truth and I think after, AND THIS is why I don't eat that crap! Food never stops me anymore, it gives energy etc but doesn't make me bloaty sicky anymore and I love that! Thing is I can hold off in truth because I do not want to eat it. I got a very very low carb/zero carb type of thinking now that I can't shake anymore. I don't want to go up some carb ladder. I don't want that bloated icky stuffed feeling anymore. I just find a ton of great reasons now to eat as I do and can't go backward on that thinking anymore...but yea I have some days I get ticked off but those are less and less. It is mostly when we eat out cause they get 'different items' then at home and I seem to have to get the usual steak or wings or grilled shrimp and it kinda gives me no variety in that I eat all that at home Longer I hold tight onto plan the better I am becoming Key for me is stay put on plan no matter what at all times.

Blue glad you had a fun time.
You are going to SF when we are doing the beach. We leave day after Xmas and come home day after New Years Day. I still have to wait to check weather on this trip...fingers crossed it is decent and we go. If stormy or whatever I will cancel so just waiting to see on it. Your trip sounds great and something you need, that different scenery to perk ya up!

Jazz enjoy that sleep!
I use some gift bags on presents that are hard to wrap. I got kiddo 6 bottles of 'fancy shampoo' in different fragrances and put those in a gift bag. I am a fast wrapper, I am not a pretty wrapper LOL I slap on the tape and call it done. I also never had anyone say they didn't like a gift bag and if they did, well, so what? HA HA take it or leave it kinda thing for me LOL
So glad the baby is coming home soon!

Hey all
off to mom's in a while.
shopping for her lasagna ingredients. she wants to make one for Xmas dinner and I said go for it Lasagna and a mess of chicken thighs for holiday dinner.

get home and do a little of this and that
nothing pressing at all

hubby dragging, overtime on his 12 hr shifts is taking a toll. he SO needs the holiday shutdown time from his company over the holiday. You know I am so freaking happy I don't work anymore outside the home!

So other night hubby made popcorn. I only buy the very small individual bag sizes for them and it is rare I even have that in the house anymore. Smelled great! Walked by him and grabbed 3 kernels in passing, popped them into my mouth and kept going and SPIT AND GAGGED them out immediately. It was the kettle corn he popped. OMG just disgusting to the ultimate. Literally popcorn so sweet with sugar it is just a horrible bunch of crap! I forgot that was in the pantry, probably bought like a year ago and just sitting back there and he found it . It was truly a horrible experience. Floored me something awful...'looking so pretty like popcorn' could be a full sugar disgusting mouthful. Anyone try this stuff? Just nasty to the max. AND THAT is another reason for me to never grab a bite off someone's plate you never know what junk is on it

just cruising along here

great day all

Last edited by Whirrlly : Yesterday at 07:09.
  #738   ^
Old Yesterday, 08:46

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 205/205/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress:

Trig- You had me rolling with your popcorn story! I can just picture you walking by- snagging a bite and like poison to your tongue it stops you in your tracks.
I have never had sweet popcorn- unless it was caramel corn. I really have a distain for sugar. I look at it as poison too! Now those FRIES Lori was talking about is another story!

Too cool you have your Christmas dinner worked out! I am not a fan of chicken thighs. Too much bone for me. I love meat! But I don't like the "bones". The exception to that is wings! Now go figure that! HAHAHAH
I am thawing 3/4 pound of peel and eat shrimp. I will make a garlic / smoked paprika shrimp. Then thats it. I was thinking about picking up 1 side of crab legs to go with! They are on sale right now- crab.

Blue- Thanks for clarifying your schedule for us! - So glad you are seeing your son and your friend. Boy that is a frightening disease. Good for you to go and give her some fun!
I love the fact that you and the hubby can spend some time together prior to a whirlwind of holiday!

Leeann- I am going to Costco today- but now scared after your post! I guess I need to take my "patience meds"- HAHAHAHAHAH-
I know you will be having fun. I love that you got that steak down to a science! As Trig- said I too would be scared to cook something that $$$$$ - I might get a steak for me- but a entire one is scary.
Your menu sounds yummy!
How long is everyone staying?

Lori- so glad you and the sis are having a wonderful time! I always wanted a sibling! Good for you! I wanna hear all about your shopping experience today! Misery loves company as I will be in it too! HAHAHAH
Love unless burgers with bacon! Although I NEED cheese with a burger!
Shop away!

Kmom- I hope you can get your treadmill fixed. That is really puzzling. Nice of you to take in your DD and family while they redo their floors! Is this the weekend of SD too?
Hope you are feeling well. Stress can keep us from losing weight.
Are you hosting Christmas? What's your menu?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I am working on my 3 cup of coffee. Bright sunny cool day for shopping. However I am dreading going out into the crowds. I don't know if you all have been watching the news- but the flu here is widespread.
Three people in my office currently have it. URGHHHH..... It is a NASTY bug this year. I am watching basically healthy strong women drop quick over this one. I got the shot- but "they" are saying it isn't working.

It's a wrapping and cleaning and shopping weekend. ON PLAN! Shrimp/ and crab legs tonight. Chicken strips tomorrow . Simple and on plan- not a lot of thought. I really like the garlic shrimp. So filling too!

In-between all the wrapping, I need to start getting serious about browsing townhouses/ patio homes. I will really get on it as soon as the holidays are over. I am leaving here in March. I got preapproved- so I am ready to go. My bonus comes in Feb. That is what I will use as down payment.

Ava- is prepping to come home. She will have oxygen and a peg tube still. But I am certain she will better at home at this point. All good!

Have a great day all!!!
  #739   ^
Old Today, 08:29

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jaz, your crab legs are on sale right now? Darn ours are not. I asked Rick (my meat guy) and he said the sale will be very soon, the crab legs go on sale for New Years Eve day celebrating...I am waiting for that sale I will buy a ton. I hope the price goes lower, but I noticed they are only discounting a little now, not like older times when I got them for nothing, I tell ya food prices are sucking now to the max LOL
Heck yea buy crab if ya can!!

Yea the popcorn ticked me off.
I only every now and then take a bite of something ONLY IF IT IS NOT a draw/trigger food for me. I am a miserable trigger food person, and that is my username really, lol Trigger-----so popcorn holds nothing over me anymore so I can take a bit and never crave or want after that bite.......but some foods I can not do that at all and will never do it. Like french fries. I can not have 1. Literally 1 fry and I would be off to the races point blank. Nothing fried, like fried shrimp etc...I would be inhaling a ton of them!

All trial and error. I remember one time in the car driving on a rv trip kiddo had chicken nuggets. We stopped at McDs on the road. I got a quarter pounder with cheese---no bun of course---in a box and ate that....she had nuggets and other junk. She said Mom ya want my last nugget....I said sure....it was safe, 1 nugget left, no more food in the car and I could be controlled, so I took the nugget to check it out. OMG I craved more nuggets point blank.....I wanted like that giant 20 pack them come in!! LOL Every drive past an exit that had McDs as a food at this exit post sign, I silently was thinking of ways to make hubby pull off, hit McDs again so I could get my hands on nuggets....I tell ya it made for a miserable trip for me actually. The whole drive I wanted nuggets point blank. And when we got to the lake, my mind on that whole trip was get my damn hands on friggin' nuggets. Yea I was that stupid and craving! I couldn't get my mind off them. Crazy weird. So now I know when she says mom ya want my last nugget I say, NOPE! trash it!

That has always been so key for me. Not to allow one bite of what I might love and crave and desire. SAD thing is there is little I can take a bite and not crave LOL, so my few bites are small in this lc lifestyle now but it is cool, I am holding well and doing good.

Hey all
nothing much today
this and that....they wanted hubby to overtime today, it would be day 6 of 12 hr shifts and I told him NO. He was gonna go to work but I said nope, nada, you are dragging now so forget it. I tell ya your health is not worth a job that kills ya so heck no on another day of that! So he will mostly sleep this day away on the couch with tv which is fine, kiddo stayed up to like 3am on her Xbox and all and she won't function today either....so we will cruise thru this day quiet, easy, doing mostly nothing LOL
eh, its cool.

I might go into the soap room, I have to dismantle and do some throwaway work in there. take stuff to the dump tomorrow. I need to get a little something done since I am not the tired one in the house right now HA

have tuna and pork chops for eating today.

great day all
  #740   ^
Old Today, 09:37

Plan: My Way; IF
Stats: 223/158.2/160 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

Good Morning!

Couldn't get on the site first thing this morning?? Glad to see it pop up this time. Was feeling withdrawal symptoms!

Sis and I had a good shopping experience at Target. We couldn't believe that the traffic was lite where it normally is backed up and we got a close parking spot at Target. It was unbelievable! We were there about 3 or so. I picked up a few things for the Grandsons so I only have to get candy etc for the stockings. DH and I will do that tomorrow(my only day off this week!). We went out and only had appetizers for dinner, but I did not make good choices. Believe me when I tell you that I paid dearly for that. Felt God awful all evening. I'm more than ready to get strictly back to plan today.

About 9:15 last night Sis and I are sitting here in our pajamas and the building fire alarms started going off. We grabbed our coats, purses and phones and started down the stairs. She is on the 4th floor. When we got to the 1st fl we could smell and see the smoke. Not severe, but definite. Turns out some old dude burned popcorn in his microwave. Sigh.... We had to wait until the fire marshall gave the go ahead for us to return to the apartment once he was sure everything was ok. The cops were here and also a big fire engine. Excitement!

Well, my trip to Scotland in May is a go. I'm going to share a rental with my friend from England. She is familiar with Edinburgh, so I'll have an excellent guide. She is going to run the half marathon that is going on in conjunction with the full marathon that will happen that weekend. I am contemplating doing the 10k, but something is keeping me from signing up. I don't know if I want to add trying to train for a 10k to my schedule. I really need to get my work hours reduced or just plain old quit. The next 2 weeks are going to be mega stressful, so I'll wait to make any decisions until I get thru the end of the year. The things I get myself into!!!

I'm going to hit the road around Noon today. That will get me home by 3 this afternoon. It's not a bad drive, but long enough. I didn't sleep very well due to the food I chose to throw down my neck yesterday, so feeling kind of sluggish. All my own doing.

Tomorrow I'm going to spend my day off doing laundry and wrapping Christmas gifts. I need to get everything done tomorrow so I don't have to worry about it later in the week.

Hope you've had a good weekend.