Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 11:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/220/155 Female 5' 11
BF:
Progress:
Question Brand New Here!

Hi everyone! Today is the first day I'll be trying this.....again. Last summer I did very well losing weight but over the winter gained it all back and became "comfortable" with myself. Looking in the mirror I've realized I don't like myself....so I'm going to try this site to inspire me! I have 3 kids and a husband. My husband would like to lose a few pounds (maybe 10) but needs more carbs than me, so meals become a challenge....I'm going to work very hard on that! Are there any "jumpstart" things anyone out there has for me....to get me excited again? Anyway...thanks for reading my intro and thank you in advance for any advice!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 13:31

Stats: 162/151/140 Female 5ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hello and welcome,
I am on day 14 of the Atkins plan. It was hard for me also becuase I am married with 2 kids and I do day care at home so I am cooking all day. One thing that helped me was to pull out a few of my favorit clothes that no longer fit and I could not wait to get back into them.
This site is great. People have lots of great advise and great ideas.
If you have not been to fitday.com yet you may want to check it out, it is a great carb counter. It really helps.
There are lots of great diets on here. There are lots of great things to get you through the dreded carb withdrawls.
If you have the Atkins book read it again, if you do not I would advise to get one and a good multi vitamine.
Well,
Good luck.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 13:37
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

It is just me and DH and he WOULD NEVER GO LC so we just have separate meals.

I feel good and healthy and it becomes that special something you do for yourself because you are worth it.

Just try to find meals in common when you can there are many recipes that are naturally lc and many that can be modified.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 13:43
Registered Member

Stats: 206/206/125 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi!
First of all let me wish you good luck… and as for tips, drink lots of water, I always under estimated the importance of drinking at least 8 glasses a day, now I probably drink closer to 10 or 15 and feel much better for it. Plus it helps with weight loss!
As for your husband, perhaps you can eat the same meals but he could gain his extra carbs from snacks?
Good luck again, I hope it works out!
Best Wishes, kerry