Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-11, 10:00

Plan: Adkins, & Primal Blue pri
Stats: 166/166/136 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Help

Iv been doing lo- carb for 12 days now. An I haven't lost a pound. Iv been logging in 'lose it' app. For 7 days now my carbs have been less then 20. Before that less 50. My weight has stayed exactly the same. Yesterday my food is as follows: 3 egg omlete with cheddar cheese, a piece of sausage, heavy whipping cream 1/4 in my coffee, lunch, can of tuna with 2 hard boed eggs, w real mayo, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, handful of almonds for afternoon snack, one pork rib for dinner an a piece of low carb cheese cake(6.8 carbs). Through out the day I drank lots of water, some with mio liquid enhancer( splenda). I stay in ketosis light to moderate. Do I need to eat more? Less? Add more carbs? Be patient?? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-11, 10:09

Plan: Healthy moderate carb
Stats: 215/171/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 80%

I could maintain on the menu you posted but not lose. How many calories was everything? Since you are only 166 you might be one of those where calories also need to be counted if you are not losing.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-11, 10:26

BF:

It was 2600 cal. Yesterday. Too many? Other days I was at 1600 to 1700 cals.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-11, 10:30

BF:

I'm new to this site. How do I make it an app or easier to find responses?
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-11, 11:25

Plan: Low Carb and IF
Stats: 201/156/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 74%

Ok, so you went from 50g per day to 20g per day? This is what I did. I was following South Beach at first, then I switched to higher fat/lower carb. The result is that my "induction" period was higher carb - and the 20g or less period following it didn't yield much loss at all. Induction has drastic results for people going from the Standard American Diet to very low carb. Tapering, in my experience, did not. Hang in there! Your diet sounds right on track. You will likely start feeling a decrease in appetite and naturally begin eating less as your body gets in the groove.

PS - Drink lots of water! Drink till you float. Everybody says that, but it really helps with weight loss.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-11, 11:27

Plan: Low Carb and IF
Stats: 201/156/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 74%

Oh, responses show up under User CP. (Link at top left.)
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-11, 11:32

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess H
It was 2600 cal. Yesterday. Too many? Other days I was at 1600 to 1700 cals.

That may be too many cals to lose weight. If you find you are not losing as time goes by that is one thing to look at especially if you were losing at 1600-1700.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-11, 11:53
Registered Member

Plan: low carb
Stats: 180/174/120 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 10%

I think your calories are too high. This is a typical menu for me. I still need to lower my fat intake, but, my carbs and calories are down. with this menu, I don't get hungry.

B- 2 eggs, 2 sausage, celery w/ cream cheese and water.

S- nuts and a pickle

L-hamburger patty w/ cheese, onion, veggies

S- 2 tsp peanut butter, cheese stick

D- either same as lunch or I will make chicken salad and add a little mayo or cream cheese and egg and relish and mix it into a green salad without dressing.

Lots and lots of water throughout the day.

Total carbs-30
Total Cals -1,161
Total Fat -88

Last edited by texasgirl1 : Sat, Jun-25-11 at 12:03.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-11, 19:26

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

Hello and welcome!!!

Quote:
Iv been doing lo- carb for 12 days now. An I haven't lost a pound. Iv been logging in 'lose it' app. For 7 days now my carbs have been less then 20. Before that less 50. My weight has stayed exactly the same. Yesterday my food is as follows: 3 egg omlete with cheddar cheese, a piece of sausage, heavy whipping cream 1/4 in my coffee, lunch, can of tuna with 2 hard boed eggs, w real mayo, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, handful of almonds for afternoon snack, one pork rib for dinner an a piece of low carb cheese cake(6.8 carbs). Through out the day I drank lots of water, some with mio liquid enhancer( splenda). I stay in ketosis light to moderate. Do I need to eat more? Less? Add more carbs? Be patient?? Thanks!

That is a LOT of dairy!!! No wonder your calories were so high. And where are your veggies?

To find responses easier go to the top of this page and click on "thread tools" then click on "subscribe to thread" and you will get an email with a link that will take you to any new responses. In future there is an option to subscribe to a thread when you hit "reply to thread." You'll have to scroll down to see it.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-11, 19:58

BF:

Thanks for your responses. I'm trying to figure this out. I am finding I'm eating less as time goes by. Ill try less dairy an less calories......even though it seems that is not what the book says. Thanks, a kid in school
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-11, 20:39

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

Quote:
Ill try less dairy an less calories......even though it seems that is not what the book says. Thanks, a kid in school

The book does not say less cals....but it does give a limit on the amount of dairy. 3-4 oz of cheese, 2 Tbls. sour cream or heavy cream.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jun-26-11, 09:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205/190/140 Male 64
BF:29.2/29.1/25.0
Progress: 23%

I read it twice and I dont see what book you would refer to. If your doing Atkins you probably want to review induction again and see what you can change in your menu. You can do the quick and dirty counting only carbs using the induction only foods or be more careful and make sure you are getting proper nutrition, fiber, carbs from veggies etc.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Jun-26-11, 09:04

BF:

Quote:
Thanks for your responses. I'm trying to figure this out. I am finding I'm eating less as time goes by. Ill try less dairy an less calories......even though it seems that is not what the book says. Thanks, a kid in school

If it's the Atkins book he writes although you don't count calories they do matter-lc is not a license to gorge yourself you are trying to lose weight and ketosis helps with this through appetite reduction. Mark Sisson also writes the same thing-when trying to lose weight you do have to cut some calories

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/10-ways-to-cut-calories/
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Jun-26-11, 11:07

BF:

Oh ok good to know. I'll do that! I want to lose.
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Jun-26-11, 11:25

BF:

I have Dr. Atkins New Revolution book an it says free foods cheese, meat, eggs. Page 94. Nothing about 4 oz of cheese. It says less then 20 g of carb a day. Is this the old version?