Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 11:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 222/195/160 Male 5 ' 7 "
BF:
Progress: 44%

that is just cruel and unneccesary, I would never say something that hurtful to my wife, I don't understand how some people can be so insensitive especially to someone they supposedly love.

love yourself and do it for yourself
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Jun-22-04, 23:02

Plan: 6 week
Stats: 185/185/170 Female 64
BF:
Progress:

Thanks to all especially if you didn't see my update in the same forum you are beautiful. xxxooo

I will save your names.!
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 06:07

Plan: just low carb eating
Stats: 193/180/125 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%

my first husband told me after our son was born that he was attracted to me again cause I wasnt fat anymore, excuse me mister I was pregnant!! I thank the Lord everyday that he bought my new husband into my life , we support each other in everything.
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 06:17

Plan: very low fiber
Stats: 225/225/150 Female 67 in.
BF:dont know
Progress: 0%

i have not read thru the whole thread before responding, so i am sorry if this is "out of sync" with the rest of the thread.

sweetie, my heart aches for you when I read this. what right does he have to say these things. weight loss has to be for you, not for anyone else. I mean what if you lost an arm in an accident would he not want to be with you then..the vows go "for better or worse." I divorced my first husband for the very same issues. I agree with heme2kids, dont let this guy treat you this way...you do deserve better!!!!

take care, be well, my thoughts are with you..
metta
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Jun-27-04, 10:14
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 414/409/200 Female 5feet 5inches
BF:
Progress: 2%

Wow that is just so wrong, I agree with what everyone else wrote its very rude and no way no how would I put up with it. Its a 2 way street and I think that u need to put a mirror in front of him and show him that he is not all that either and tell him that if he wants u to lose then u want him to lose. But I think its a far more reason that what hes letting on to be. Take care and good luck
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Jun-27-04, 10:48

Plan: South Beach-esque
Stats: 194/159/140 Female 5'3"
BF:34% / 28% / 20%
Progress: 65%

A couple comments on this thread... I'm not the original poster but thought there was some wonderful advice. I'm so glad to see MisterE, RPavich and Yoda san weighing in (pun unintended) on the topic. Male voices of validation are important given the context of the issue, in conjunction with all the female voices of support!!

I have a question for Xplora, who wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplora
My ex husband said the exact same thing to me. I got so mad I lost all the weight and then, and only then told him I wanted a divorce.
How and why did you wait?! Did the anger really fuel your weight loss? (I would wonder if the constant stress of being around Mr. Difficult wouldn't stall a person - just on hormonal defense mechanism grounds, eating for consolation notwithstanding!)
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Jun-27-04, 10:54

Stats: 208/208/164 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I have been reading everyone's posts - what support you have found here! I would like to add some more! I guess the first thing that really grabbed me is - I don't think 40 lbs is THAT overweight -sheesh shame on him. And I notice your weight goal and His do not mesh -right? If i read your goal right - don't you only have 15lbs to lose? If 170 is the weight YOU want to be - then dearest - BE IT! FOR YOU. This whole process is for US, not spouses, not class reunions, OURSELVES.

I have been at the other end of hurtful comments/actions by my husband. The first thing I needed was a professional counselor...I have seen two very empowering women...I would suggest you find one - it helped me more than i can say. (YOu may not be into it - but one of mine was "healie feelie" did some new teqniques on me..ohh it was great, AND I went and got massages! yummy) A counselor (man or woman - I chose a woman because i needed that enspiration) can teach you exactly how to dig down deep and find that strong woman waiting to come out...she has already started to rear her head....I see her...

Keep coming back here and soak up our encouraging comments (did you see that one from that nice MAN??!! - see that is a MAN saying your husband is wrong!)

I so feel for you...this comment will stay with you for a long time. You are hurting and need to take care of you right now.
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Jun-27-04, 16:50

Stats: 247/246/130 Female 5 foot 2.5 inches
BF:47%/32.0%/22.5%
Progress: 1%
Default definitely Ouch!!!

I hope you and he can talk about this issue and how it made you feel... I agree with those that suggest counselling either alone or together it can make a world of difference... we are here for you
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Jun-27-04, 17:21

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpavich
I have to chime in here...from my perspective; when you love someone for real...you love them and not their weight...
My wife is the most beautiful woman I've known not only for her outside but her "inside"...no matter what she weighs...it's her laugh, values, the way she looks at me, the little things she does for me...she really is the best thing that ever happened to me...and I would NEVER tell her I didn't want to have sex with her because of her weight...(come to think of it; most men would be glad if their wife wanted it at all!)

Just venting here...don't let it bother you....it's his problem, not yours....

bob

Spoken like a real man
  #40   ^
Old Sun, Jun-27-04, 17:23

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterE
OK. Your husband is simply wrong in this regard. And hurtful. And controlling. And....I have several more choice adjectives that shall go unwritten.
Though this is NOT a funny thing to occur to anyone there is one funny thing about this thread: your husband may or may not desire you...but there are several dozens of millions of men who would. Just a point of information.

Spoken by a real man!
  #41   ^
Old Sun, Jun-27-04, 22:21
Memere to 4

Stats: 227/199/150 Female 5ft 3in
BF:Too much
Progress: 36%

I am really sorry Cheryl that your husband is an ass. Every person everywhere has the right to be respected .
You are worthy of love and respect like every other living thing in this world.