Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-10-12, 21:18

Plan: food addicts/ atkins
Stats: 242/178/135 Female 5'5'
BF:
Progress:
Default new to this forum

My story is that I have 2 kids (a 3 year old and a nine month old) I am a breastfeeding mom, and I can't lose weight. I have ongoing postpartum depression and am taking zoloft. Before my kids I lost 90 pounds from 242 to 152, and now I just cannot seem to lose. My lowest after my second boy was 168 but today I weigh 178, despite low carb, weight watchers everything. Im super down about it. My father in law died this week, and we buried him on the day of my 5 year wedding anniversary. I just cannot seem to get it together in more ways than one right now. And clearly my husband must feel awful, if I feel sad at all, just needed to get it all out. And I feel ripped off because we've had some tough times maritally and I really wanted to celebrate surviving for 5 so far, but, clearly that isn't on the table right now. I feel horrible for feeling that way when my hubs must feel tons and tons worse. And its sad that in all of this I am nitpicking myself for being a fatty. I will cheer up I promise. looking for all the support and advice I can get. Thanks to all who listened
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-12, 06:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149/144/125 Female 5"4
BF:
Progress:

How are you today? I'm new to this site and I'm also a mom of 2 with a 3 mos old and 4 year old. My heart just went to you when I read your thread. I wanted to just give you a hug. I hope you feel better and your hubby too. Don't give up... Your kids are so lucky to have you. Make a list of all the stuff you do for them and everyone else. You will realize you are close to being a superhero.. Next, I challenge you to do as many great things but for yourself this time... A challenge and a half I swear and filled with guilty feelings but oh ever rewarding and enlightening.

Good luck!!