Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 22:01

Plan: My Own
Stats: 262/235.4/170 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

just checking in on u ladies

my lil one will be 10 weeks old on monday.....how the time flies. makes me a bit sad too.....

hope all is going well for you all.
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Sat, May-12-07, 10:51

Plan: Stillman/Atkins
Stats: 251/251/175 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

HEY! I had the baby! May 1st! He was 38 weeks....and had to go into an incubator for 3 days....his little lungs just weren't completely ready for our air! I'm doing fine, and will update again....
  #123   ^
Old Sun, May-13-07, 09:28
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Congratulations!!!! All the best to you and your family.
  #124   ^
Old Mon, May-14-07, 02:34

BF:

Thanks so much....what can you say about c sections? OW! Baby is doing well, he had a bout of jaundice that I think we are managing to get under some control......but if it wasn't ONE thing, it was something else for a few days.

Looks like he's going to grow up to be a REAL man! LOL....so funny to say that and try and think 18 yrs down the road!
  #125   ^
Old Wed, May-16-07, 17:26

BF:

congrats Safa
  #126   ^
Old Wed, May-23-07, 11:03
This is the year

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?a...c1&id=706940070

Hi everyone. I had my baby too. She was 3 wks 2 days early arriving May 11 at 7:52 pm. My second 7 lb-er. Can't imagine what she would have been if she had stayed in full term! I went into labor at work, then drove 45 minutes to dd daycare, picked her up, drove home to meet DH and we went in to the dr. I was 3 cm dilated so they monitored me for a bit and the contractions got closer and stronger so they admitted me to the hospital.
I was really trying to focus on just relaxing since I was attempting the VBAC. After 2 hrs of not feeling the head engage they did an u/s and she was breech, so we were off for a C-section. I was kind of relieved b/c I wasn't so worn out that I fell asleep like the first time. I was able to see her right away, and my recovery has gone a lot smoother this time. SHe sleeps a lot and nurses a lot. And so far Emily kind of ignores her mostly.

Congrats Safa on your own arrival!
  #127   ^
Old Thu, May-24-07, 06:58
Taking MY Turn

BF:
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by atiaran
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?a...c1&id=706940070

Hi everyone. I had my baby too. She was 3 wks 2 days early arriving May 11 at 7:52 pm. My second 7 lb-er. Can't imagine what she would have been if she had stayed in full term! I went into labor at work, then drove 45 minutes to dd daycare, picked her up, drove home to meet DH and we went in to the dr. I was 3 cm dilated so they monitored me for a bit and the contractions got closer and stronger so they admitted me to the hospital.
I was really trying to focus on just relaxing since I was attempting the VBAC. After 2 hrs of not feeling the head engage they did an u/s and she was breech, so we were off for a C-section. I was kind of relieved b/c I wasn't so worn out that I fell asleep like the first time. I was able to see her right away, and my recovery has gone a lot smoother this time. SHe sleeps a lot and nurses a lot. And so far Emily kind of ignores her mostly.

Congrats Safa on your own arrival!

Congratulations!!! Hannah is so beautiful and looks so healthy. Glad you're feeling good too. What a great story, too. All the best to you and your family.
  #128   ^
Old Thu, May-24-07, 13:32

BF:

So a second csection goes better than the first? Cuz that first one is OMG!!

What are the possibilities of VBAC? If I was to have another child.....I'd really like to have it naturally......(HAHA...am I nuts or what....but I"m just talking nonsense here!!!)

I'm planning to really watch my health now.....going back to low carbing, modified of course and would like to start a walking program when I feel better.

I think should I ever have another c section, I wouldn't do an epidural.....the DR missed the spot 2 X before he put the needle in the right part of my back....made my leg buzz....and it hurt like HECK!

Baby is doing fine......he's spending longer periods awake....and looks like his father. It's a joy to have a boy.....can't wait till he grows up.....or maybe I can......when he's small you get to hug him longer...
  #129   ^
Old Thu, May-24-07, 18:19

BF:

Atiaran~

congrats on your gorgeous lil girl ! you looked great too by the way !

Safa~

i thought my 1st c-section was horrible......this last one though was a breeze. well not a breeze, but definietly much easier !

and yes, girlie you are simply crazy if you had another one hahaha...but to each is own and i secretly would have liked to have a huge family too...but my body does not like being prego hahah.

hope you both are enjoying every minute !
  #130   ^
Old Fri, May-25-07, 01:57

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 164/119/120 Female 168 cm
BF:
Progress: 102%

just checking in. congrats all the mamas who recently gave birth. i gave birth 5 weeks ago and we are doing fine!
  #131   ^
Old Thu, May-31-07, 08:38

BF:

congrats Liv boy or girl??????
  #132   ^
Old Thu, May-31-07, 08:50
Taking MY Turn