Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-09, 13:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260.1/260.1/169 Female 5'9.5"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thank you mrashidi, jwillson65 & algts for your encouragement. I was laid off a couple of months ago so I really am focusing all my attention on the diet and workout regimen but I think I'm going to cut pastas all together as well as apples and carrots. I was doing a modified atkins so my husband didn't have to suffer so much (whole wheat pasta, fuji apples and carrots) but I read how much those carbs actually add up to. Thank you again :-) Amy
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-09, 23:14

Plan: Atkins OWL or abouts...
Stats: 195/188/165 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 23%

Yeah you're doing more of maintenance than actual atkins. Whole wheat is the last thing you want to add as well as fruit.
  #48   ^
Old Fri, May-15-09, 07:36
Registered Member

Stats: 270/225/190 Female 5ft 11in
BF:10/22/08 Start Dat
Progress: 56%

I am also TTC. I have ALWAYS had issues with my cycle and with our first we were JUST ready to start on meds (I had been going in for regular ovulation testing at the Dr.'s for about 2 months -- no success) and we ended up being pregnant instead. The Dr. couldn't even account for when I ACTUALLY ovulated.

Going into it this time our Dr. told me "...it is like russian roulette with you..." so we should come see him when we are ready. We are going to give it through the summer.

My question is --- will staying at induction levels hurt my chances of conceiving? I have been LCarbing on/off since last October and was down about 45lbs, but have slipped and gained back about 10 lbs in the last 2 months. So I plan to go back to induction level carbing for at LEAST one month -- if not two.

Thoughts?
  #49   ^
Old Fri, May-15-09, 11:38

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 170/166.5/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Induction-level carbs will not hurt your chances one bit! I was probably close to that level when I conceived. Good luck!
  #50   ^
Old Sat, May-16-09, 08:57
Registered Member

Stats: 260.1/260.1/169 Female 5'9.5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default thank you- lupron worked

well thank you girls for the encouragement. I'm now 7.5 weeks prego. Good things can come to those who wait. My thoughts and blessings are with you all. Thank you, Amy
  #51   ^
Old Sat, May-16-09, 09:55
Registered Member

Plan: LC & Pregnant :)
Stats: 283/205/120 Female 4'11"
BF:WAY TOO MUCH!
Progress: 48%

Hi, Ladies...

I came across your thread today and realized that I am in the same boat that some of you are in or have been in, so I hope that you don't mind that I joined in.

I'm Kelli (age 30) and my husband and are preparing for TTC by getting healthier right now. Well, he's fine...I'm fat, so I guess it's me that's getting heathier. ;P We have no children. I was diagnosed with PCOS in December after my 4th m/c and am currently on meds and a LC WOE as treatment. I am responding as the doctors wanted to the treatment (regular TOM, weight loss, regular insulin and hormone levels) and we just got the okay to TTC again.

So....I was wondering if I could get your opinion on something? I am currently doing SO well on LC and am feeling better than ever. I haven't been at this weight in years and am still losing 2-3 lbs. per week. My question is this: Would you continue LC'ing until you reach your goal weight (or get much closer) and then TTC? Or would you start TTC and lose more weight later (after baby)? We have had some trouble conceiving (but much more trouble carrying) and I know that TTC doesn't automatically mean a pregnancy, so I'm trying to be realistic about this. I'm in a bit of a quandry about this right now and am just looking for some other opinions. What do you think??

Thanks for reading my post. Hope to hear what you think soon.
  #52   ^
Old Wed, May-20-09, 17:06

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthyKel
Hi, Ladies...

I came across your thread today and realized that I am in the same boat that some of you are in or have been in, so I hope that you don't mind that I joined in.

I'm Kelli (age 30) and my husband and are preparing for TTC by getting healthier right now. Well, he's fine...I'm fat, so I guess it's me that's getting heathier. ;P We have no children. I was diagnosed with PCOS in December after my 4th m/c and am currently on meds and a LC WOE as treatment. I am responding as the doctors wanted to the treatment (regular TOM, weight loss, regular insulin and hormone levels) and we just got the okay to TTC again.

So....I was wondering if I could get your opinion on something? I am currently doing SO well on LC and am feeling better than ever. I haven't been at this weight in years and am still losing 2-3 lbs. per week. My question is this: Would you continue LC'ing until you reach your goal weight (or get much closer) and then TTC? Or would you start TTC and lose more weight later (after baby)? We have had some trouble conceiving (but much more trouble carrying) and I know that TTC doesn't automatically mean a pregnancy, so I'm trying to be realistic about this. I'm in a bit of a quandry about this right now and am just looking for some other opinions. What do you think??

Thanks for reading my post. Hope to hear what you think soon.

To be honest, this is entirely up to you. It is usually easier to concieve when you aren't "trying", you know what they say, "A watched pot never boils". Plus, it takes all the fun out of "trying" if you are actually "trying. Know what I mean?

Personally, I'd rather get down to a resonable weight prior to getting pregnant because I want to be as healthy as possible while being pregnant. But really, this is a personal choice of yours.

I know that I had a harder time getting pregnant the heavier I was, so I'm thinking if I lose some more weight it will be easier to get pregnant. But let us know how it goes!

I'm eager to be trying again but I need to get at least another 10lbs off before getting pregnant. So HURRRY HURRY!! (talking to myself)
  #53   ^
Old Wed, May-20-09, 17:07

BF:

OH! And congratulations Amy! I bet that has to feel amazing! I know I was relieved, scare, excited, all the above when I found out I was pregnant.

Enjoy!
  #54   ^
Old Thu, May-21-09, 10:12
Registered Member

Plan: LC & Pregnant :)
Stats: 283/205/120 Female 4'11"
BF:WAY TOO MUCH!
Progress: 48%

Thanks for your reply, jwilson65. I understand exactly what you're saying about "trying"...we are not "trying", as in doing charting or OPKs or anything like that. We have and it is far too stressful for me...especially when my focus right now is getting healthy.

I appreciate your honesty...I was beginning to think that those reading the thread might think I was off my rocker! LOL! I'm NOT going to use anyone else's opinion to make my decision...I was just wondering what someone else might do in my situation. You never know unless you ask, and I have seen just about EVERYTHING asked in one thread or another on this sight, so I just decided to put it out there.

We are currently just taking it a day at a time, I'm trying to get as healthy as I can and in return, the weight is falling off. Yippee! So, I think we'll continue along this path unless/until fate intervenes.

Much luck on your 10 lb. goal...and congrats on your wonderful weight loss success! Looking forward to hearing good news from you on both accounts.
  #55   ^
Old Sun, May-24-09, 13:40

BF:

Thanks! Yes. It's definately a work in progress and it seems much harder to lose the weight for me the second time around. My main thing is staying active and then watching the weight dissapear. I understand that diet is key, but for me if I'm not doing both by body moves slower than a snails pace.

Sigh.

Let us know how it goes.