Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-05, 06:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/168/120 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

How did you get your estrogen under control and what did you use? I think it is great that no IR was found, that is awesome.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Apr-09-05, 07:21

Plan: Somersize
Stats: 291.5/259/135 Female 66 inches
BF:off the scale
Progress: 21%

I am interested in the previous question as well as the IR diet too!

Jimsbride
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Apr-09-05, 15:55
Registered Member

Plan: Sonoma // Low GI
Stats: 275/227.6/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Want Some?
Progress: 38%

I have PCOS, I was never classified as IR, but went straight for the Diabetes stage.

IMO, because PCOS is a hormonal/metabolic disorder, I don't think it can be cured, simply because no matter how well you do in maintaining your health, by eating right, taking meds to balance or even exercising, one big downfall can end you right back where you were in the beginning.

But like I said, just my 0.02 cents. Please don't flame me! <covers head> LoL
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Apr-09-05, 16:38

Plan: My Own
Stats: ---/---/--- Female ---
BF:
Progress: 25%

Anne123 - I hope you'll come out of lurkdom soon. You sound like you have a lot to offer, and I, for one, am very interested in what you have to say. I know that you might be afraid of flamers, but please don't be. Where did you learn about Estrogen Dominance? I'm very interested in the topic. If you'd like, you can PM me if you're intimidated by 'others' who might not be open to the concept. Thanks for posting and I'm looking forward to more posts form you!
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Apr-10-05, 01:18
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanipure
Anne123 - I hope you'll come out of lurkdom soon. You sound like you have a lot to offer, and I, for one, am very interested in what you have to say. I know that you might be afraid of flamers, but please don't be. Where did you learn about Estrogen Dominance? I'm very interested in the topic. If you'd like, you can PM me if you're intimidated by 'others' who might not be open to the concept. Thanks for posting and I'm looking forward to more posts form you!

I know you are probably not talking about myself personally, but with everyone as a whole ... I just wanted to apologize if I did sound like I was flaming Anne in any way ... it was not my intention and it wasn't until you posted that it made me stop and think.

I don't discredit Anne in anyway, but this is just my own personal viewpoints on my diseases and how I have lived my life with them.

I'm sorry if I sounded mean in any way.

In Love & Light
~ Corrie ~
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Apr-17-05, 10:09

Plan: My Own
Stats: ---/---/--- Female ---
BF:
Progress: 25%

now it's my turn to apologize, Corrie. I really didn't intend to suggest that you were flaming - in fact I didn't think you were at all! My point in writing that post was not to accuse anyone of flaming, but to indicate to this potentially helpful new member that there is no need to feel pressured to 'conform' to the views presented by board members. because i remember feeling intimidated by this board when i used to lurk, i just wanted to let her know that we were nice, flexible-minded people open to new ideas. I don't doubt that insulin resistance is strongly connected to PCOS symptoms. i have PCOS and several other related and unrelated diseases, and i know how my body reacts to simple carbohydrates is a powerful reflection of my IR. however, i'm interested in learning more about how IR comes about, and wonder if Anne123 might have more to offer that we are all missing (e.g. estrogen's role etc.). i really hope i didn't come across as accusing anyone here of flaming - it was more a reassurance to the new member than a specific accusation at any active existing members. i'm really sorry if i came across as sounding like that. *hugs*
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Apr-19-05, 02:03
Registered Member

Everything is alright dasani!

I was really tired at that point and I have had to spend most of my adolenscence (sp??) defending myself and my symptoms before I was even dx with PCOS ...

I just hate it at times cause it can get very complicated. I am very interested in hearing Anne123 viewpoints, just that I wanted to through in what I have always thought regardless of all the medical info I have received.

I haven't been on the boards lately (I Know my bad, I will be more active soon I hope).

Either way, I am always up for learning!

(hugs) right back at ya! Things can get hectic in this world and I know many that have lost their heads (not literally ofcourse!) over less than this.

Take Care and I can't wait to get to know more of you ladies!

In Love & Light
~~ Corrie ~~
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Apr-29-05, 18:48

Plan: Somersize
Stats: 291.5/259/135 Female 66 inches
BF:off the scale
Progress: 21%

I am happy to report that I have lost 4.5 pounds in 3 days. I gave up counting everything, just low carbed it, stopped bc pills, started Metformin and Spino. I don't think the new pills had anything to do with it, since it hasn't been that long. But, I am very excited and feel like I am on a level playing field with everyone else now.

Good luck
Jimsbride
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-05, 11:20

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:
Default Estrogen dominance - PCOS

To Anne123.
Hi I'm new. My doctor tells me I have PCOS but I also have all the classic symtoms of estrogen dominance and have had blood work testing for hormone levels that tell me I have estrogen dominance.( That was about a year and a half ago) How did you get back to hormone balance and were or are you trying to get pregnant? I am 37 and still wish to have a baby. However my family doctor last week told me she thinks I am going through early menopause. I had a blood test done to check for Diabetes and that came back negative with normal glucose levels. Did you have any of these same conditions? I would appreciate any help - Thanks

Last edited by taf : Thu, Jun-02-05 at 11:22. Reason: wrong title