Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#16   ^
Old Mon, Dec-24-12, 10:00

Plan: One meal a day CAD style!
Stats: 235/212/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 24%

Good luck everyone with Christmas and stay on plan!

I have some fabulous news to share this morning (Happy Monday to anyone at work today): After holding tight at 224 for the last 16 days with a couple of dips to 223, today I got on the scale and was shocked yet happy to see I have released two more pounds and am now down to 222!!!! Don't give up! This woe is a WOL and really does work. I know I typed how I was going to stick with it and not get discouraged at this plateau and I meant it. I haven't been at 222 in 5 years so this is a breakthrough moment for me. I can't wait to tell my husband. Merry Christmas everyone. Eat well, don't feel guilty about it one bit. We have found the woe that works for us FOR LIFE and does work

Click on my trackers below and it should take you to the site and you can see my stats. I don't mind sharing at all

MIW

My Weight Chart:
>
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Dec-24-12, 10:14

Plan: The Stress Eating Cure
Stats: 239.2/225/160 Female 5'6"
BF:48%/45%/33%
Progress: 18%

Merry Christmas Eve!
Well, this morning I'm up to 238.4!!! Arrgghh. Not sure why. I was down to 236.2 and have been slowly gaining the past few days even while staying on plan.
Here's yesterdays meals:
B- 2 scrambled eggs in butter with 3 pork sausages
L- 3 ham and cheese roll ups with mayo and mustard
D- 1 piece grilled chicken thigh, 3/4 c. rice with butter, 3 small slices of rum cake, 1 ice cream bar, 1 glass of wine

No, it's not CALP but I've been having a big reward meal with lots of carbs to get down to 236.2. It's just strange that I'm gaining. The only difference now is that I'm eating 2 CM instead of just one plus a snack. Am I just not giving it enough time? I should be doing my weekly weight calculations, right? Any gain is irritating so I guess I'm really just venting.
Anyway, Merry Christmas!
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Dec-24-12, 11:27

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenders
Merry Christmas Eve!
Well, this morning I'm up to 238.4!!! Arrgghh. Not sure why. I was down to 236.2 and have been slowly gaining the past few days even while staying on plan.
Here's yesterdays meals:
D- 1 piece grilled chicken thigh, 3/4 c. rice with butter, 3 small slices of rum cake, 1 ice cream bar, 1 glass of wine

No, it's not CALP but I've been having a big reward meal with lots of carbs to get down to 236.2. It's just strange that I'm gaining. The only difference now is that I'm eating 2 CM instead of just one plus a snack. Am I just not giving it enough time? I should be doing my weekly weight calculations, right? Any gain is irritating so I guess I'm really just venting.
Anyway, Merry Christmas!

If it were me, I'd look at the ingredients in the pork sausages (unless you made these yourself from scratch - as I do, have recipe if you'd like) - look for any msg (the Hellers have a list of all items that are just "another name" for msg, which I know I'm sensitive to) and any sugars.

The ham - yes I do this too, but I haven't found a sugar free ham out there, and your body might be reacting to what the ham was treated/cured with,
and I'd not lose with that rm..no way. For me, that would be way too many carbs, not enough protein and veggies.

You just have to find the right balance for you..we each work a bit differently in terms of how sensitive we are. I.e. I can eat rice without a huge blood sugar blip, but one thin slice of white flour bread? Forget it!

You'll get there, keep your food logs - you'll figure out what does and doesn't work for you.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Dec-24-12, 11:31

Congratulations Makeitwork!!
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Dec-24-12, 15:53

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenders
Merry Christmas Eve!
Here's yesterdays meals:

Anyway, Merry Christmas!

Blenders: the same thing happend to me over the last 16 days. If you click on my tracker it will take you to my page and you can review my past data or stats and my weight went to 223 then right back up to 224 and 224.5 and just stayed like that for 16 days! I knew I was in a plateau but it was still annoying.

I think you should take Patricia's advice and make sure nothing "new" at the CM's could be the culprit. Also, were you maybe a bit "dry" when down to the 236.2? That happend to Hubby one day and he said he thought he was so low from being dehydrated. Just a thought. I say just stay on plan and if you feel good about the way you are identifying foods as being on plan for CM's then don't sweat it and it is probably just a hormonal shift. I always gain a couple pounds right before my TOM and usually a couple days after am down that PLUS a couple more so I actually look forward to my TOM now! LOL

MIW
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Dec-24-12, 23:02

Plan: CAD
Stats: 242/189.8/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Dec-25-12, 15:10

BF:

Merry Christmas everyone! Kids were happy with their haul, Hubby and I kept it simple and didn't do any gifts for each other this year. We already are very blessed and have what we need and want.

Todays celebration meal:

Ham
LC meatballs
stuffed mushrooms
sauteed cabbage and bacon
mashed cauliflower with butter and sour cream
salad
(All of the above is acceptable for our CM's and I made plenty for leftovers

Carb stuff:
hawiian rolls, doughnuts, chocolate cream pie

probably won't do any other CM or snacks today. BF was a quick cup of decaf coffee with cream, one pc bacon and one boiled egg.

MIW
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Dec-25-12, 15:25

Merry Christmas everyone!

Breakfast was an escarole frittata (made with mushroosm and cheese as well), cm.

Planned cm snack (aka light lunch): my recipe for low carb sausage balls in a homemade dijonnaise, my kalamata dip with celery, and a cm goodie I bought my husband - tuna stuffed cherry peppers.

rm:
a fresh, uncured ham that we cured ourselves, and are smoking as I type, with a cm mustardy/mayonnaise glaze
mashed cauliflower
salad
our homemade spiced holiday vodka (an ounce for me, maybe)
1/2 piece scfincione
1 cookie.

I'm typing at the moment to keep away from the last batch of cookies I just made. Once they are cool and put away, I do fine..go figure. It's just hard right when they come out of oven. I don't bake cookies except this time of year for a reason..lol.
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Dec-25-12, 17:58

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciakr
Merry Christmas everyone!...

1 cookie.

I'm typing at the moment to keep away from the last batch of cookies I just made. Once they are cool and put away, I do fine..go figure. It's just hard right when they come out of oven. I don't bake cookies except this time of year for a reason..lol.

Yah, something about the smell of freshed baked cookies!

MIW
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Dec-26-12, 22:46

BF:

Well, I definately know my metabolism is giving a piece of it's mind trying to keep me at 225. It is aggravating but man, maintaining has never tasted so good! LOL

I keep slowly going down between 225 and 223 and even 222 for a day only to go right back up to 225. That has been my weight I have hovered at for almost the last 10 years getting as low at 198 and up to 250 (during pregnancies). I have heard of the metabolism setting a "set weight" so I am not discouraged.

I WILL BREAK THROUGH THIS and I am NOT going to starve myself to do it either. I have been 100% on plan except for today where for breakfast I had a boiled egg and an iced decaf americano with 2 ounce cream and cinnamon. Later for a snack I had another iced americano with same cream and cinnamon. Other than having more salty Christmas ham with RM I will see what the "damage" is tomorrow morning on the scale. If I am above 225 I will cut out the ham. I don't plan on doing the coffee thing like that very often- in fact first time in 8 weeks

We all have our ups and downs. Don't let being up on the scale get you down It is nothing but a number and tomorrow is another day!!!

Happy New Year's and Bring it on 2013!!!

MIW
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-12, 06:51
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
back from visit with DD- up 2 lbs which is great. I am all swollen from salty foods and this will be gone pretty quick, but I am having a hot dog for Cm lunch and will make a corned beef for Rm dinner tomorrow (and will eat through the weekend). So it might be longer than a couple of days!
Stayed OP the whole time- but no salad at a couple of RMs- DD didn't serve one- and overcarbed at one restaurant meal, but ok.
Walked between 4-6 miles/day- I think more- and feel great if a bit swollen.
Planning on going for a walk today once it warms up a bit, then maybe the gym, then COSTCO. I'm making dinner on New Years Eve and need FOOD!

Glad to be back-
E

Last edited by Enomarb : Thu, Dec-27-12 at 08:47.
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-12, 08:39

Welcome back Eno!
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-12, 11:29

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
hi-
back from visit with DD- up 2 lbs which is great. I am all swollen from salty foods and this will be gone pretty quick, but I am having a hot dog for Cm lunch and will make a corned beef for Rm dinner tomorrow (and will eat through the weekend). So it might be longer than a couple of days!
Stayed OP the whole time- but no salad at a couple of RMs- DD didn't serve one- and overcarbed at one restaurant meal, but ok.
Walked between 4-6 miles/day- I think more- and feel great if a bit swollen.
Planning on going for a walk today once it warms up a bit, then maybe the gym, then COSTCO. I'm making dinner on New Years Eve and need FOOD!

Glad to be back-
E

Enomarb- sounds like you had a great time. Me and Patricia held down the fort while you were gone, LOL!

We too are going to be walking a bit more and today we are packing up the kids and taking them to a new trail in our area and checking it out. Hubby has struggled with a sciatica pain that made walking any longer than 100 ft the last couple of years very painful with buring and leg collapse. This after a lifetime of being very active on his feet. Kind of a bummer and I slowly fell out of my walking habits too But, he's noticed the last few months after dropping just 20-30 lbs that it has made a big impact and now can go almost back to his normal walking distances with brief stops to stretch out his low back and do just fine. Even while carrying our 3 yr old on his shoulders!

What's on the menu for your New Year's? We are both off on NY eve and NY day so I am starting to think about food as well. There definately will be wine, and possibly some burbon and pepsi!

MIW
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-12, 11:30

BF:

Good news everyone: 222.5 lbs on the scale this moring

MIW
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-12, 13:35