Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-23-04, 07:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins- 29-08-04
Stats: 194/165/132 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default Flax bread

Hi All

i found this recipe for flax bread on the forum but i was wondering if anyone knew the breakdown of it for fitday or how to enter the separate ingredients to get the combined breakdown of the prot,fat etc.

FLAX BREAD

This is what I use, but if you look up in the Recipes (look up by the Atkins Diet Bulletin Board bar) you can find Book's recipes.

I use a small Tupperware bowl, or a small soup bowl.

Two TBS melted butter
Beat in one large egg and a pinch of salt (no need if your butter is salted)
mix in 3 TBS of ground flax and
1/2 tsp of baking powder

let sit for a moment, then nuke. My microwave takes about a minute and 20 seconds. Start with a minute, and go until there is no wet spot in the centre.
Let cool for a minute, and turn it out onto a rack to cool. Slice into 3 slices and enjoy.

*IMPORTANT*
If you haven't been eating flax, then 3 TBS is WAY too much to scarf down in one sitting. Start with a slice a day and see how you feel.
Flax is great for combating constipation, but too much of it is NOT a good thing.

I like to have a slice for breakfast and a slice for lunch...spread it out through the day...my system really likes that.

You can add things to it, like oregano, garlic powder, or whatever floats your boat!
You can make a sweet one too, but I found that plain or savoury is much more versatile.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-23-04, 09:44
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/110.5/110 Female 64in
BF:15%
Progress: 99%

the one in the store is 50 cals/oz and 4 net carbs.
it may be very simliar because i just looked ~ ingredients and they are the same for both.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-23-04, 16:41

Plan: My Own
Stats: 191/166/155 Female 5'4"
BF:32%/25%/25%
Progress: 69%

Your entire recipe:

calories 371
fat 35
saturated 16
poly 2
mono 9
carbs 8
fiber 6
protein 11

When I need to work up a recipe, I go to tomorrow's food in FitDay. Then I enter all the ingredients. For yours I did a custom food for the flax meal. I use the golden which has 30 calories for 1 T with 2 g carbs and 2 g fiber. Yours may be different. When everything is entered, I have the total nutritional information for the entire recipe. I use this information to create a custom food and then I delete everything for that day in FitDay (because I will be using it for actual food eaten tomorrow).
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-24-04, 01:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins- 29-08-04
Stats: 194/165/132 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default thanks for the info

thanks for the help with the ingredients. now i know how to enter recipes which is a great help and i can use the UK ingredients to get a true value. i did use golden linseed which my local health store says is the same as flax seed so i'll see how they match with the info i've been given.

thanks guys