Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, May-20-05, 12:30

Plan: common sense low carb
Stats: 221/190/175 Male 6 feet
BF:27/13/10??
Progress: 67%

what about all the bugs, rabbits, and other critters that are killed or displaced by clearing a field to plant crops, I suppose they have feelings too, don't they?
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, May-21-05, 13:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/126/127 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 101%

So what would happen if the whole of humanity stopped fishing and eating fish!!?? What would happen to em all?

I often wonder the same about farm animals, so the whole world goes veggie, what would happen to all the animals, who would feed them, look after them?

Jo
  #18   ^
Old Sat, May-21-05, 14:55

Plan: My OWN general LC!
Stats: 146/141.5/115 Female 5ft4in
BF:not sure!
Progress: 15%
Default peta articles

I was handed an PETA pamphlet way back when in High School! and it grossed me out BAD! and the girl also gave me a flyer about B_B_Qing beef and how charcoal puts toxins on the meat! I SO went veggie-quick! My parents freaked! said I at least had to eat chicken when they made it! Then after I told that girl she gave me a paper about how chickens are transported in cages..blah..blah to the sluaghter houses, and I so hated to eat chicken....then I became so sick...my iron was so low that the doctor said if I don't eat red meat, plus take iron to get back in balance they were going to hospitalize me and pump me with blood...
scare tactic?
who cares....I hate needles and realize it is the era that we live in, my hubby may not have to go out in camo to bring home the hamburgers and steaks, but at least there is still enough for everyone for now. In my opinion people should be portesting so much construction that we end up with very little land left to "farm" quality meats and veggies!
where I am at in tx there is land but if it is in a "good area" with "good schools" it could cost you 500K-millions. but you could go way out like old farmers-take ya 'bout an hr to get to a store!
some people waste too much energy on the wrong things...
  #19   ^
Old Mon, May-23-05, 01:14
Registered Member

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 63%

That reminds me of a situation several years ago when a vegan activist stopped my dad in a supermarket and handed him a leaflet stating that people who eat meat are violent and start wars. My dad said, "You do realize that Hitler was a vegetarian, right?"

We're big meat lovers but we do buy mostly organic/free range, so we feel we do our bit against animal cruelty.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, May-23-05, 07:42

Plan: My OWN general LC!
Stats: 146/141.5/115 Female 5ft4in
BF:not sure!
Progress: 15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klodo2
That reminds me of a situation several years ago when a vegan activist stopped my dad in a supermarket and handed him a leaflet stating that people who eat meat are violent and start wars. My dad said, "You do realize that Hitler was a vegetarian, right?"

I LOVE IT!