Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 06:13

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%
Default Protein Power Pals- Tuesday, 1/20

Good Morning!!!
Starting today's thread, I see
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 06:26

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Dare I believe my eyes - I think I've spotted the Yeti twice in 24 hours. Good to see you posting Rob - I've missed having the special qualities you bring in this forum.

My menu was a little high in carbs, calories and protein but much better than it has been. My weight is 177 lbs this AM.

Likely won't post much today - there was a flood under my kitchen sink about 5:30 this AM - I have pulled everything out and am letting it dry so I can isolate the problem (Hubby is being held captive by the NRC so I get to do the honors )

Total calories: 1673
Fat:94 gms 845 cal 52%
Sat: 34 gms 306 cal 19%
Poly: 20 gms 184 cal 11%
Mono: 30 gms 274 cal 17%
Carbs: 56 gms 173 cal 11% ECC:44 gms
Fiber: 12 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 153 gms 610 cal 37%

Breakfast:
None - was sick from eating the orange the night before

Snack:
1 oz mixed nuts

Lunch:
5 chicken livers
1 cup sliced carrots (steamed)
1 cup spinach salad

Snack:
1 cup cottage cheese (4%)

Dinner:
8 ozs turkey loaf
3/4 cup beets
1.5 cup LC mixed mixed veggies
Chocolate Mousse - 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 scoop Chocholate whey protein powder, 1/2 t sweet n low

About 96 ozs water, 12 ozs coffee

Goals for today - Eat clean, go for a walk, and fix the *censored* sink

Last edited by Orang : Tue, Jan-20-04 at 07:03.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 08:12

BF:

{{{ Kathy }}} you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Glad to see you researching - I've been looking back over my menus from May to August last year - back when I was losing consistently. I'm having trouble getting back on track after the three month disruption due to illness / surgery.

Smoothblu:
Excellent menu !

Char:
Glad to hear you are feeling better on PP. Hope DD had a wonderful birthday and chose a restuarant with some LC choices.

Unity:
So good to see you.

Rob:
Tsk.. tsk re: comment to Elaine.

Keith:
Al-anon is a wonderful place to learn how to love an alcoholic without having your heart ripped out. I'm pretty familar with both AA and al-anon. You aren't the bad guy here any more than a mother who takes her child to receive a painful, but life saving treatment is the bad guy.

Bet you already know this, but a little friendly reminder with some loving support never hurts - refusing to enable an alcoholic to escape the natural consequences of active alcoholism (like losing jobs, sitting in jail, losing housing, etc.) is the kindest and most loving thing you can do for him. Not accepting unacceptable behavior under the guise of being a loving and caring family member is also the kindest and most helpful thing you can do for your brother in the long run.

Having those things happen is what gets people to the point of realizing their drinking is a problem and it is a problem they really must do something about. You and your brother are in my thoughts and my prayers {{{ Keith }}}

Last edited by Orang : Tue, Jan-20-04 at 08:13.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 08:38

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Keith, I just sent you a private message.

Char, I apologize for mixing you up with someone else last night. My mind has not been working well lately. I was referring to Blu, but after reading the last posts from yesterday, I realized I was responding to a partial menu. She posted her full menu at the end of the day. When I saw it, it was a whopping total of 892 calories, which I considered WAY too low.

Still at 166. I started the new percentages just two days ago, so I can't expect to see any change for a while yet. I'll keep you posted.

I'll be in and out today. Phaedra had a restful night, even if I didn't. I had covered her favorite chair with an old shower curtain, then layed a towel down, and then a piddle pad (housebreaking pad for puppies). Like "feminine protection," it has an absorbant top layer, and a diaper-like bottom layer that won't let the moisture through. Well, every time she shifted, I heard the crinkle and it woke me up with a start. I had pulled her chair right next to the couch so I would be sure to hear her.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 08:42

BF:

I just got this in my email. Contrary to what we've been reading in the papers regarding how the Atkins Center now recommends less red meat and lower fat, they say they haven't changed their recommendation:

http://atkins.com/about/recentnews/...NotChanged.html

This is from the Atkins Center website.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 09:43

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Just a quick Hi! We are so busy working on editing pictures that I will not get back on for a while!
to you Bawdy and Keith!

Lissette
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 10:55
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 280/280/212 Male 6.0
BF:
Progress:

thank you, it was nice just to get it all off my chest. Thank you for the support. It has helped me to stay on track and keep from emotional binging which I am sure would probably have happened. I just don't feel much like eating right now (a couple of hard boiled eggs, and a low carb breakfast shake). And I am busy today so i gotta go. Thanks
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 11:18

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Just popping in for a minute, kind busy at work Didn't get much time on the puter this weekend as DH is working on his flexnet classes and is hogging the puter 24/7

Saturday was not a great food day, had popcorn at the movies The rest of the weekend was on track though I did have too many calories. I am feeling real tight and crampy in my lower abdomen so I feel like a blimp today. Think it is pre-TOM issues.

Had my ultrasound yesterday but don't know anything. My follow-up with the doctor is next Tuesday morning. Still uneasy about it The ultrasound was quite uncomfortable, never had a internal one before. Guess they can see better that way.

Kathy - I am sorry about you kitty, I know how hard it must be. My thoughts are with you.

Keith - Orang said it all, Have been there as well, my ex had a drinking problem. I am very proud of you for staying in control, not an easy task

Shelly - Good to see you back

Orang - Hope you have recovered from the fruit

Elaine - Do you do Pillates? I was looking at a tape at walmart and thinking about trying it for those days that I don't make it to the gym.

Ok...gotta run

Last edited by Chamellie : Tue, Jan-20-04 at 11:27.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 11:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/140/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Protein Pals, Tuesday

Just dashing through to say a quick "Hi" to everyone! Keith, just wanted to let you know that I have been on the "other side" of that kind of issue (I was the one with the problem...for years...until 3 years ago). I could never get any better until some of my family started to STOP ENABLING me like you have done for your family member! We are not thinking rationally during the times we were drinking, drugging...whatever...and would take advantage of ANY situation possible!!! We could never get the real help needed to overcome our problems until someone put their foot down and started trying to get us to be responsible for ourselves! GOOD FOR YOU!!!! I know it may seem cruel to you right now, but you are HELPING in the long run! Take it from one who has been there!!!!! Keep up the good work!!! Kat

Last edited by katlynweb : Tue, Jan-20-04 at 11:47.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 14:10

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

Quote:
The ultrasound was quite uncomfortable, never had a internal one before. Guess they can see better that way.

augh...I had one of those with my first child..just wait till they want to put a camera there, I had that done to so I feel for you...
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 15:33

BF:

Rob & keith - hide your eyes
{{{ Ellie }}} I have several internal ultrasounds - and yes they can detect problems far better than an external ultrasound. And yes, they aren't pleasant.

Unity, my uterus has been TV star as well - really, really no fun.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 16:55

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Orang, seems to be an abdominal day I PM'd you about some plumbing I may need to have worked on. (Share with Bawdy if you care to.)
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 18:25

BF:

Ok, Orang. Spill the beans!
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 19:26

BF:

Bawdy
There's nothing to spill - Elaine, the last PM I got was the one about "guest of honor".
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 19:27

Plan: protein power
Stats: 245/236/175 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hey everyone!!!
Boy...today was a rough one...sometimes its not worth having a day off with what you have to deal with when you get back!! Food stayed good. Exercise class after work (boy...am I feeling it right now!!)

Total: 2275
Fat: 119 1069 49%
Sat: 40 359 16%
Poly: 18 165 8%
Mono: 52 472 21%
Carbs: 40 120 5%
Fiber: 10 0 0%
Protein: 252 1007 46%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

Kathy...I hope Kitty is resting comfortably! You must be a wonderful, caring person with the love you show your animals! They are blessed to have you as their "Mom".

Keith...Hang in there. I've also have an "enough" experience with alcoholism to know you are doing the RIGHT thing....altho it may not feel like it right now! They say God never gives us more than we can handle....but do you ever think that he thinks way too highly of us sometimes!!!

Chamellie...I just started Pilates as part of an aerobic class. We probably only do about 15 minutes of it...but its much harder than I had imagined. However, I hear it works!!!!

Hope everyone has a great night!!