Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-11-10, 05:12

Plan: Atkins ~ DANDR
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:it is going down!
Progress: 0%
Default What is your most recent NSV?

Ya know, Non Scale Victory. So many times we focus on the scale, and celebrate that. I love doing that but it is nice to have other things to celebrate.

One of my biggest motivators was I didn't want to be one of "those" parents, whose kids were ashamed of at school. My dd started Kinder and I was heavy. I was heavy when the twins started Kinder a few years later. I knew my time was going to have to come or I would become "my mother" all over again.

Anyway ~ dd got in the car (she's in 5th grade so we know how critical those girls can be!), and she told me that all of her friends told her I was very pretty. ~ This was after I spent the morning during "Parent Play day" read ~ TORTURE WORKOUT for parents!

I truly feel like I gave my daughter somethig that I always wanted as a kid. I was always embarassed by my mother ,because she was over weight, didn't take care of outerself, and ... well she was just embrassing.

What is YOUR NSV for today?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-11-10, 08:17
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

I'm coming up on 1 year of working plan and having worked ALL the levels of Atkins--including knowing what my CCL and CCM is. Progress not perfection.

Lisa
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-11-10, 09:03
Induction ≠ Atkins

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/164/180 Female 69 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 118%

Just FEELING GOOD about myself. Being able to do the things that I want to do without not doing them because of the embarassment of my weight.

I was talking with a friend yesterday about how I can't wait for vacation this year. I'm going to get a spa treatment (would not even consider before because I was too embarassed with my size) and go snorkeling (again...size...no need to torment myself with a group of people). And who knows what else! There were always so many things I wanted to go and do on vacation but wouldn't because of my self esteem. It was so bad that I would get up EARLY on our trips so I could be the first person at the pool and I could get a cabana to hide in...there was a specific one that was literally at the steps of the pool...I'd get up at 6:45 (yes...when I could be sleeping in) just so I could grab it and spend less time being looked at getting in or out of the pool, having lunch..whatever.

The other day, I walked through my hubby's office in my stretchy gym pants and shirt without caring. You couldn't have paid me enough to do that 6 months ago.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-11-10, 10:27
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 280/259.2/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%

Just FEELING GOOD about myself. Being able to do the things that I want to do without not doing them because of the embarassment of my weight

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET TO THIS POINT.there are alot of things i don't do and places i don't go because of my weight
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-11-10, 14:25

Plan: Primal
Stats: 173/135/132 Female 160 cm
BF:
Progress: 93%

Buying a pair of jeans on-line in a size I've never worn... and successfully shrinking into them. (They were out of my normal size, and they're PURPLE; what can I say?)
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-11-10, 17:32

Stats: 228/181/160 Female 67 inches
BF:Obese/Fat/Normal
Progress: 69%

Having a friend I hadn't seen in a while sit beside me at lunch and say "OMG! You have lost so much weight" over and over the entire time! LOL
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-11-10, 20:52

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

As many of yiu all know, I lost my aunt and my mom this year. At my aunt's funeral I played the music for the ceremony. My SIL came up to me and commented on how skinny I was and that I made her feel fat. YESSSS!!!

Now there was Mom's funeral. My sisters said nothing about my weightloss. Then outta the blue, my brother-in-law just asked how much weight I had lost. I said 30 lbs. My sis then asked my how I had done it...I told her how and she said. Oh yeah, I have been reducing my carbs. Yeah, right.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-11-10, 22:23

Plan: Keto / Atkins VLC
Stats: 173/148.8/135 Female 5'6"
BF:23.9
Progress: 64%

I've actually had a few lately...

1. Getting into an emtional funk about something and NOT resorting to breaking down, cheating and eating junk to feel better. For the first time I didn't use food that way.

2. Buying a new tank top at Eddie Bauer and realizing the SMALL fit me best! (OK, their tanks run large, but still, buying a small felt goooodddd!)

3. Trying on a pair of size 8 crop jeans my sister gave me...a couple of weeks ago they were too tight, this time they fit pretty darn well.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-12-10, 08:48

Plan: Whole Foods, Mod Carbs
Stats: 292.4/190.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

...having my wedding band and engagement ring fit again!

They're SO pretty and I was terribly sad that they were shoved in a drawer b/c they didn't fit!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, May-12-10, 08:51

Plan: Keto
Stats: 185.8/157.4/135 Female 5'4""
BF:
Progress: 56%

One of my colleagues comes up to me and hands me the business card of her tailor gently suggested that I get my clothes taken in! Whoo Hoo!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, May-12-10, 08:54

Stats: 256/199/190 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 86%

I feel amazingly good. I fit into a size 18 pair of jeans and bought them two days ago. I have gone from a 2X top to XL. The best is how I feel!

Here's to the journey,
Debi
  #12   ^
Old Wed, May-12-10, 10:46

Plan: Figuring it out
Stats: 366/282.2/166 Female 5'6"
BF:YEP/YEP/YEP
Progress: 42%

Completed Day 5 of C25K yesterday. This from someone who never ran (or jogged, LOL) a day in her life..let alone at 250+lbs.

#13   ^
Old Wed, May-12-10, 12:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopjunkie
...having my wedding band and engagement ring fit again!

They're SO pretty and I was terribly sad that they were shoved in a drawer b/c they didn't fit!

YES! Me, too! I haven't worn my rings for several years. I tried them all on the other day and they ALL fit. Some of them are almost too loose!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, May-12-10, 12:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenjs
Having a friend I hadn't seen in a while sit beside me at lunch and say "OMG! You have lost so much weight" over and over the entire time! LOL

That's the most fun! We see ourselves every day, but for someone who hasn't seen you in awhile, the change is suddenly very striking, and boy does that feel great!
  #15   ^
Old Wed, May-12-10, 13:49

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Another experience that makes me smile, might be considered a scale moment, maybe not. A nurse commented that I need to stop losing because I was becoming too thin. I asked her how much did she think that I sweighed...don't be nice. She guessed my weight as being 135. I told her that I weighed 145 lbs, her jaw dropped. She said that she actually thought that I weighed 130 lbs but was giving me the benefit of the doubt.