Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-10, 14:24
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/198/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 9%

I started January 15th... I am still going at. I haven't lost as much as I hoped but- I am hanging in there. I finally took measurements last week and compared it on Tuesday! I was thrilled. That was a lot of motivation just seeing the numbers shrink even though the scale isn't budging. I have yet to add an exercise program. I am lacking the motivation there...UGH... It would help for it to warm up to get outside- but still no excuse.

I must say from starting this I feel good. I don't feel deprived- at least not often. I have found a lot of inner strength, which is wonderful. Helps on those days at work when someone brings in the doughnuts.

I think this forum is fantastic! I love all the support and tid bits on what works for some and what doesn't for others. I am always learning something new. Love it.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-10, 14:45
Registered Member

Stats: 192/159/165 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 122%

I'm a New Year's newbie and I'm still around. I'm really loving the way we eat now. I never would have believed it, but we're actually saving money. Yes, meat is expensive, but when you eliminate soda, chips, candy, cookies, chocolates, milk, rolls, and a host of other things, we're actually spending less money (when I say we, I mean my wife and me).

We have a lot more energy, and our clothes are starting to fit better. Before, I used to gorge myself at dinner and then eat again an hour later. Now, I eat less food and get more full, and I still wind up eating fewer calories. It's incredible!
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-10, 17:19

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 168/145/139 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 79%

I have lc'd before, back in 07 but I still consider myself a newbie because it's been so long. I started 1/1 and did good for a few weeks, messed up for about 3 and have been good since last thursday. I am coming up on TOM again..which is what derailed me in Jan so today when I felt like going off plan I took a nap. Nipped it in the bud.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-10, 19:56

Stats: 253/253/190 Male 71 inces
BF:
Progress:

New Year's Resolution-er right here
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Feb-19-10, 01:03

Stats: 191/174/150 Female 72" (6 ft)
BF:
Progress: 41%

I started on the first of the year and I am happy to say that I am still here! I have had my share of ups and downs... I have lost 14 lbs but I also had a long irritating period of NO movement on the scale--20 days no ups or downs, and this was while eating between 10-15 carbs a day, and exercising... This resulted in my making out with 3 mondo spoonfulls of pb & j. Right from the jars ya'll! I felt like it wasn't working and I had 20 minutes where I was giving up!... Suffice to say... I MOVED THE SCALE! It went up 2 lbs... but then after being back on track a few days I dropped the 2 lbs and then another 2 lbs.

My goal is to lose a total of 40 lbs by my 30th Birthday which is at the very end of April... So now I have 16 lbs to go... I hope I can make it! What ever the progression is I plan on sticking this thing out!

I am loving pot roast with butter and sour cream on it. I also love kale and did I say Butter yet?... Butter... YUMMM, Butter!

I am sick of eggs and don't much care for the flax bread because it is so eggy... If anyone has a less eggy bread recipe I would love to hear it.

I have been visiting this site daily and doing my P.L.A.N everyday too... This forum has been invaluable to my progress on Atkins and I am so grateful to have found all of you lovely people as well as the tools that are on here.

I have been journaling also, and have made a couple buddies... I like that!

My husband said yesterday that I looked slender... LOVED that!

All and all I am really enjoying this WOE and look forward to the journey!

Thank you for this thread... And to everyone making this forum so awesome!