Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-02, 21:45

Plan: My Own LC Plan
Stats: 184/175/140
BF:
Progress: 20%
Unhappy Help!! Question for the ladies...

I hope you can help me, ladies!!

I'm almost done with induction (on Tuesday), and up until couple of days ago I have been losing. Then, I stalled. I noticed I was getting hungrier and craved chocolates ~ so, I got some Atkins chocolate bars to cure that, but realized "that time of the month" was around the corner. Then today, I see the lbs coming back on!! I don't know if the bloating/water weight still happens while lc-ing, or if this is real poundage! Is this normal for you, or have I messed up my induction progress with the chocolate and have to start over??

Thanks in advance!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-02, 22:50

Plan: Controlled carbs
Stats: 218/195/150 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Don’t worry ,
it is bloating and water weight,
but loose the Atkins bar.
Most people stay on induction for months.
Pene
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 04:24
Registered Member

Plan: modified CAD
Stats: 149/123/125
BF:
Progress: 108%

It's very common to have weight fluctuations with TOM. Lots of women gain a bit, then have a whoosh afterwards. I wouldn't worry about it at this point; just see what happens after TOM goes.

Atkins bars can stall some people, and I don't think they're recommended on induction, but better that than real chocolate! Again, I wouldn't worry about it too much right now (but I wouldn't eat a lot of them, either).

You can stay on induction as long as you want, or not, it's up to you. Good luck!

Skywind
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 05:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

I would tend to agree - TOM usually lets me retain water (lucky me!) and while the atkins bar you ate isn't the best thing for induction - it was definately better than the alternative! Try to stay away from those until you are at least off the 2 week induction. After that you could try one here and there - until you find out wether they will effecte you negatively or not (cravings, blood sugar response, etc)
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 07:19
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

I stay off the scale the week before my TOM. Although I don't swell up like I used to, there are still a couple of pounds that get thrown on. I usually don't start showing losses again until 3 or 4 days after my TOM is done.

I, too, suffer cravings right before. That is actually how I can tell I am ready to start. No matter what I eat, it doesn't seem to hit the spot. Try a piece of cheese when the cravings for sweets hits. I find it helps me out a bit. Or I just try to get busy with something to take my mind off of it-work out, go walk around WalMart, watch a movie, just something to get me away from the kitchen.

Paleoanth
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 23:13

Plan: low Carb..sim to atkins
Stats: 200/155/145 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 82%

Here is what I do for my chololate cravings, probably not good for induction, but I'll offer it up:

Coffee
Teaspoon and a half of cocoa powder
cream

Yummy.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Nov-26-02, 07:58

Plan: Back with Atkins, works b
Stats: 196/151/145 Female 5'6"
BF:28/26/
Progress: 88%
Angry TOM

I always put on a few pounds just before TOM and have tremendous chocolate cravings. I just drink more water and have learned to ignore the chocolate cravings, becaue when I give in, it takes me weeks to get back on track!!! Just not worth it.

Stay away from the scale at that time, it has such a negative effect! The bars and stuff aren'' a good idea either, they can be a real trap!

a couple of months and you probably won't have the pre TOM troubles as much. they seem to subside.