Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-14, 14:40

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 288/224.8/180 Female 66 in
BF:
Progress: 59%
Question How long was your longest plateau?

On my 11th day at the same weight. Fluctuating within a one pound range. I knew I was due for a plateau, as I was at this weight for several years long ago.

It brings to mind a question. How many others have stayed on the same spot on the scale for an extended period - within a couple pound range - and how long did it last?

Those of us that are turtles and need to drop 100+ are going to hit more plateaus over time. It would be nice to know how often others are hitting, and how long they are lasting.

I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering how you broke through either.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-14, 15:53
The Patient Loser

Plan: LCHF/keto
Stats: 165/159/135 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

My first one took a good 18 days before I was able to start losing again. Hang in there!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-14, 17:32

Plan: DANDR 2002
Stats: 432/180/200 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 109%

Wow checking my logs it happened very early in my WOE and it lasted 10 days.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-14, 19:10
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

My longest so far has been over 3 weeks. It is not exactly the same weight each day, but up and down on the same 2 or 3 pounds over the plateau. The longer I go, the bigger the drop will be when it happens. It was nearly 10 pounds after my 3+ week plateau. I've gone over 2 weeks without a loss on several occasions. Over time, the loss is pretty consistent - but it is always stop and go throughout the month.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-14, 20:05
Triple digit loss

Plan: Dr. Bernstien
Stats: 352/206.8/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 82%

I really didn't hit plateaus until I got into the 40 pound range of my goal.

And right now I been plateauing with the same 5 pounds for 3-4 months. Finally last week I broke through by a pound. Question is did it stay off this week. Friday will be the telling day or if I go back into the plateau phase again.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-14, 21:19

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Thank you ALL for the answers here! It is absolutely FASCINATING and INSPIRING to read what you have all done. Incredible! Wonderful!!! and did I say inspiring?? Truly. I am in awe of the stick-to-itiveness of so many of you here.

We are all on our own paths, we all have different goals. But it seems many of the struggles along the way are the same .

I'm hopeful to have another successful month, but it's so funny. If I'm BRUTALLY honest, even with what I would consider awesome progress so far (and way better than I anticipated) just the last two or three days (actually September...maybe it's partyly the stress of going back to work..) but I have been "doubting". I have been thinking that maybe "this is it" ... that 10 pounds is all I'm gonna' get. I mean, I don;t think that's true... but there is uncertainty. There is doubt.

Not enough to make me do ANYTHING other than what I HAVE been doing. I have every intention of seeing this through. I will do whatever it takes and wait out any plateau because the alternative is unacceptable. But, it is absolutely FANTASTIC to hear that "stalls" or WHATEVER (scale not moving) are typical and do not last indefinitely. It just FEELS like it.

THANKS SO MUCH!!! I really needed this thread today.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-14, 21:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 296/220/205 Male 71 inches
BF:25%?
Progress: 84%

I don't want to say because it might be discouraging but over a year ago I moved into a new building with a different cafeteria. Only at the end of June did I eliminate the cafeteria's eggs which had citric acid in them. Lyle McDonald says citric acid can interfere with ketosis. I've dropped about 10 pounds since then.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-14, 09:28

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 288/224.8/180 Female 66 in
BF:
Progress: 59%

Thanks for the tip inflammabl. I didn't know that citric acid could interfere in ketosis.

For myself... maybe just posting about it caused a change. I dropped 2 last night!

I'm sure the next one is just around the corner though, as my next set point is probably only a pound or two from here. My climb to 288 was slow, but I tried to fight it along the way, and I know that there are at least a couple more plateaus to face in the next year.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-14, 16:03

Plan: Keto
Stats: 227.7/211.8/160 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 23%

My trend since January is that I stall for 4-5 weeks every 4 months (it was April and august). I think our bodies need time to adjust. And that's an individual thing