Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 22:54
Registered Member

Plan: my own/grain free/veg
Stats: 116/115/101 Female 5'2"
BF:I don't know
Progress: 7%
Default calorie question

oh no! I am so confused (and worried a little too)
I low carbed for 3 weeks and lost about 5 lbs and then gained back a bit. I stopped weighing and starting just going by my clothes etc but i digress.
Love the lc thing but I was feeling depressed and attirbuted it to low seratonin. So I decided to come over here and do SS.
Its great! So much yummy variety and no counting anything. I feel great and I think I am getting smaller.
So enough background.
My question is that on both plans LC and SS I am eating tons more calories than I ever have. I read on the War Zone about this being a low cal diet when all is said and done. I am worried cause mine sure is not. I am follolwing SS to the letter level 1and not overeating but I have a large appetite and am real active so as you can imagine I am eating A LOT. I surely am not eating low cal at all. Am I bad? Will this backfire on me?

Do you guys have any thoughts about this?

thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jun-14-03, 02:51
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default Well

I don't eat low cal unless I purposely try too...And I would say the vast majority of us are not consuming low calories....

I think that War Zone comment was just that...Fighting words

If you feel good and are losing weight don't worry...I really never calculate the calories anymore, I just recently strted watching them a little because I wanted to hit goal... just tried to be sure I ate what my body needed not what Becca wanted to taste

Last edited by BeccaResRN : Sat, Jun-14-03 at 02:53.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-15-03, 12:53
Registered Member

Default I know what you mean

I so nknow what you mean about eating what I need not just recreationally. I think I have had a tendency to be doing that since i started lc and ss. Cause so much is allowed and there is no counting and therefore for me no guilt. And sometimes not enough moderation and listening to what my whole body not just my mouth is wanting.

I am now just trying to be aware of when I am feeling satisified not full and stopping then. I think I was overeating and although it may not be impacting my weightloss that is the sort of thing that wreaks havoc on my stomach since I have ibd. I just cant digest that much and then bad things happen.

Unlike before I know that I can eat again as soon as I am hungry so it is easy to do some self talk and remind myself that I don't have to clean the plate or eat til I am more than satisified.

thanks for your reply...It reassured me greatly!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-15-03, 12:54
Registered Member

Exclamation congratulations

and ps
Congratulations on hitting goal!

that rocks!