Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 23:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/184/145
BF:36%
Progress: 0%
Talking carebear needs a buddy!!!

I was just wondering if there is anyone who needs a daily buddy to chat with. I am looking for someone to check up with to keep each other in line and motivated!!! Thanks!!! Carrie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 23:33

Stats: 182.6/162/133 Female 61 inches
BF:What fat??
Progress: 42%

Hi Carrie
I see from your stats you are still on Induction. How's it going? I found the first two weeks a bit rough, but from then on in, it's a whole lot easier.
Cheers...Pam
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-02-03, 01:26
Registered Member

Hey Pam! Yea, I am still on induction but I am no longer counting down the days because I have decided to stay on induction for a month and I have started a journal too Losing weight has never been easy for my body so i am not suprised I havent lost any thing yet. Also I have been on my TOM so I havent weighed myself accurately. I am getting used to the food but I find myself eating a lot of whipped cream when I have cravings, you think that could be stalling me? I am also getting my energy back, slowly but surely. For the last 10 days I have been really sluggish. Other than that I keepin my chip up!! Oh yea, how do I put a picture on here like yours??
Thanks......Carrie
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-02-03, 04:28

Hi Carrie
Am really surprised you've not lost any weight on Induction. Are you following the diet to a "T"? The first couple of weeks are when you loose the most (mostly water!!). Maybe you are eating something that absolutely should not be on the regime. Re the whipped cream, you should only be eating 2-3 tablespoons per day (also noting the carbs). The water is also very important. Gives me the whoops tho, would much prefer a few glasses of red wine - LOL.
Maybe some one else can offer some suggestions?
Pam
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-02-03, 04:30

Default Re Picture

Sorry, forgot to say. If you want to add your pic, go to your "Profile" section & follow the bouncing balls...Is pretty easy.
Cheers...Pam
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-02-03, 05:00
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

Carebear I noticed that your are millitary, so we have something in common. Well actually you have something more in common with my husband. He is also on the Atkins diet, didn't want to be told he had to go to the fatboy program again!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-02-03, 10:52
Registered Member

Pam, I think that I need to keep track of my carbs a better way, I have been keeping tallies in my head so maybe thats my problem. I went to fitday to try to keep track but it took forever for me to get one days meal plugged in and added up and then it got erased before I could save it!! grrrrr!! So I gave up, my PC is really slow so I get frustrated. I am also very suprised that I havent lost anything either, i think maybe I'll read the induction chapter again. I definitly havent had anything on the forbidden list. when you were on induction did you actually measure EVERYTHING or did you just eyeball it?? Thats what i have been doing. Is diet rite ok for induction?? talk to ya later!!

MaryTou, so your husband is in the military too?? What Branch?? Yea, its very frustrating being on "the program" we call it the chub club. i am so mad because I am only an Airman and I was supposed to put on Airman First Class 4 monthe ago and I cant because I am 15lbs over my max...it really sux. Oh well, it will be coming off shortly!!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-02-03, 11:00
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

We are also in the air force, I say we cause I get to move around too! Been 14 years today.

Just a thought here, maybe you should post up a sample day of what you are eating? That way someone might pick up on something that you are missing.

It is normal to stall shortly after induction, I did for three weeks. Thank God the scale is moving again! But one has to wonder why you didn't lose during the first two weeks.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, May-02-03, 14:31

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 179/134/135
BF:
Progress: 102%

I'm not big on computers, so I don't use Fitday. However, I have a notebook, plain old paper & pen, where I write down everything I eat & drink, including the net carbs in each. This way I know exactly how many carbs I've eaten at any point in the day & how much water I've drinken. At the end of the day I total it all up. I write it as I eat or drink, so i don't forget anything. This might work better for you than Fitday. If you're using packaged whipped cream, then that could very well be stalling you it has added sugar & carbs. If possible buy heavy whipping cream & whip it yourself w/ a little Splenda. Good luck.
God Bless,
Amy-Lynne
  #10   ^
Old Fri, May-02-03, 15:11

Carrie, re loosing your data on FitDay, you really havn't. FitDay rolls over, in my case in the middle of the day. All you have to do is go to the calendar and change the date & you will find your input. Keep trying with it as it is VERY easy to use and a lot better than pencil & paper. After lunch I enter my dinner (supposed) and check out if I have enough carbs/calories to cover it.
Always seem to be learning on this diet. Woke up in the middle of the night last night realizing that I have never entered olive oil in my stats. That really upped the calorie counting.
Yes, I did measure absolutely everything for the first couple of weeks, after that it was "guesstamating". Sorry, can't help you with the diet rite, never heard of it (maybe they don't have it in Australia!).
As MaryToU said, how about entering your food intake here for a couple of days so we can have a look at it. Something might just pop out at us.
Are you seriously telling me that you did not get a promotion because you are a bit overweight? Wouldn't that be classified as discrimation? That's a real shame.
Cheers...Pam
  #11   ^
Old Fri, May-02-03, 21:12
Registered Member

Hey guys, thanks for the great ideas. I think i will try writing everything down with pen and paper and then at the end of the day go in and plug it into fitday because my lap top has never been right since Rum & coke was spilled on it so sometimes its frustrating to try to do things on the computer. When I am at work, I sit behind 4 computers in a semi circle around me so its much easier to do it at work whenever i have a spare second. Yes Pam, I didnt get promoted because I was over the weight limit for my height. Every thing in the military is about the standards and attention to detail and it is actually in "the books" that if someone is in the fat program that they can not put on rank because they are against the AF standard. I know what I have been eating is okay, but my first few days I ate a lot of whip cream, I know thats sounds gross, but it was all I could eat that would get rid of my cravings and I ate a lot of jello sweetened with slpenda. I dont make it anymore because if i have it made i will eat all of it. I dont know if you read it in my journal, but also it is my TOM so I am retaining a lot of water so I am hoping thats what it is. I have to go weigh in in a couple of days for the AF program, hopefully I have lost 3 lbs since last month or I will get a verbal counseling. We have to be "fit to fight" as they say.
talk to ya later...Carrie
  #12   ^
Old Sun, May-04-03, 14:12

Hey Carrie
Just checking in. How's it going this week? Dropped some of those dredded lbs.? Let's know as I'm really interested. Godda fly & get ready for work.
Talk later
Cheers...Pam