Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-05, 07:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 193/175/120 Female 5 feet 3/4 inches
BF:42%
Progress: 25%
Default 177!! Cripes, I hate it when the scale does this!!

Sigh......well, I can honestly say I have not cheated. Must be because I am a woman!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-05, 09:14

Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

I bet it's PMS water weight! It'll be gone in a few days.

Take care, Julie
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-05, 13:38
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I'm really sick of the 160's especially 166 and 167.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-05, 14:04

BF:

The 140s are driving me nuts... 146, 147, 146, 148, 146...... Can I get a new and SMALLER number please?

Julie
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-24-05, 16:58

BF:

Sometimes wishes get answered -145 this morning.

Julie
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Nov-25-05, 01:28

Plan: atkins, paleo, vlc
Stats: 186/186/154 Female 60inches
BF:o/m/g
Progress: 0%

I was 153 the other day. Then 154.6 and today, 155. Bah, humbug.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jan-01-06, 06:57

Plan: low fat, low calorie
Stats: 283/283/175 Female 5'7
BF:

Have you all ever tried not weighing every day? I know it really gets me down when I feel thinner and get on the scale and it goes no where! I have decided it is what it is. I weigh at the start and then try to wait for 2 weeks, that way it doesnt mess with my mind so much!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-06, 22:50

Stats: 233/219.5/160 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:OH/MY/GAWD
Progress: 18%

I'm struggling here too. I lost 6 lbs and then they came right back two days later. I don't know what's going on. Just increased my water, eliminated sweeteners, and am hoping for the best. Good luck to you!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 04:54

BF:

Well Tjenxs, I am just now jumping back on since the holidays. I have dieted the lc way for years. I was so thrilled when the industry introduced the lc candy, ice cream, cookies etc. But after finding this website, I am beginning to see that possibly these little treats can sabbotage your diet. This time I am going without, and beefing up the water intake. Before I never did...so unless it is water weight, I dont know what to tell you....except.........dont weigh everyday. Weighing does not work for me. Feeling the inches melting away works for me. The inches come off before the pounds, so I try not to weigh for 2 or 3 weeks at a time. I dont like the disapointment of seeing the scale inch up when it just might be temp water weight....good luck...
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jan-13-06, 07:17

Stats: 233/219.5/160 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:OH/MY/GAWD
Progress: 18%

Thanks for the reply. After I posted, I began consistently drinking 100 oz of water each day and, within two days, the extra weight came off. Now, I'm back down to my inital weight loss and happy about it. So I guess I've found my fix. I would LOVE to say that I won't weigh everyday, but I know myself...I can't handle the suspense.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-06, 18:11
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/196/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr8Fan
Sigh......well, I can honestly say I have not cheated. Must be because I am a woman!

HI Jr8Fan - I'm Coli and new to all this - not atkins but the site - may I ask how long it took you to loose your weight? My stats are similiar to yours but I'm at 200. Just wondering what time frame I may be looking at - I know we are all different. I would like to get to at least 150
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-06, 18:29
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by coli
HI Jr8Fan - I'm Coli and new to all this - not atkins but the site - may I ask how long it took you to loose your weight? My stats are similiar to yours but I'm at 200. Just wondering what time frame I may be looking at - I know we are all different. I would like to get to at least 150

Just wanted to say if you worked hard at it, you could easily get those 50lbs off in 6 months or less, but you are right, everyone loses at different rates.
Good luck!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-06, 05:50

BF:

You see I really believe it all depends on how much you want to lose the weight. This time I feel so motivated that I dont hardly want to eat period! This is a new one for me, but I want it and intend on getting it*weight loss that is so good luck I am sure you will fugure it out! Took me awhile but I did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coli
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 06:58

Stats: 193/175/120 Female 5 feet 3/4 inches
BF:42%
Progress: 25%

Hi Coli and welcome! I restarted Atkins after several years of infertility treatments and massive doses of hormones on August 1, 2005. It has taken me since then to get down to 171.8 this morning. I restarted at 184 pounds. At my highest, I was 193 but wasn't really tracking my weight then, entered it in fitday.com every day but didn't really pay attention. Didn't take long to drop it, though.

I am 45 and I think that contributes to my hard time losing. I just got back to the gym on a regular basis this week. Monday, I weighed 174 and today....well, 171.8, so I hope the gym will speed up my results.

Hope that answer helps. I agree though, you can get to 150 in no time if you stick with it. Personally, I don't care how long it takes.....just that it takes!

Good luck!
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Jan-21-06, 09:16
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/196/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default Now I need some new Ideas!!!!!!!!!! and is it that bad to have diet caff. free coke

Getting a little tired of eggs and mayo or salad with eggs and cheese - How about it any suggestions - I would love to have a chili - but not on induction - any ideas would be appreciated.

tks coli