Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 07:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/197.5/140
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default my daily menu??

ok so can someone review my menu because i have been on this plan since jan 3 and only have lost 2.5 lbs.
breakfast is 3 eggs and 1/4 cup cheese
lunch-usually tuna w/ real mayo, and a small salad with ranch dressing
dinner-usually chicken or beef, stirfried with olive oil and some veggies, or sometimes instead i have a hamburger and salad.
ive checked all my labels, no hidden carbs! my sticks show light ketosis, so i know im burning fat, is there a way i can speed it up? i also excercise at the gym doing cardio 30-45 min/day, thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 08:15

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Regardless of what you have been told or what you have heard.....

This is NOT a fast weight loss system. It is a way of life. The weight will come off the way you put it on, which is slow. Sorry. The more you have to lose, the faster it comes off at first, then we all seem to lose at the same rate. The loss most experience within their first 2 weeks is mostly water weight. You want to lose water or fat?

Fat takes a bit longer to burn off. So be patient with yourself. After all your body was patient while you put on the weight, the least you can do is be patient while it helps you take it back off again

As a rule of thumb, drink 64 oz of water a day plus 8 oz for every 25 pounds you want to lose, AND make sure you eat 10 to 12 times your body weight in calories a day.

This will assist your body in burning the fat off.

Your menu looks fine.

One other thing, if you are working out that much, the reason you probably aren't seeing the scale change is because you are replacing fat tissue with lean muscle which is heavier and more dense.

Did you remember to take measurements before you started the diet? You may check those and see how many inches you have lost

Last edited by agonycat : Wed, Jan-16-02 at 09:00.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 15:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/194/180
BF:
Progress:
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by agonycat
Regardless of what you have been told or what you have heard.....

This is NOT a fast weight loss system. It is a way of life. The weight will come off the way you put it on, which is slow. Sorry. The more you have to lose, the faster it comes off at first, then we all seem to lose at the same rate. The loss most experience within their first 2 weeks is mostly water weight. You want to lose water or fat?

Did you also exercise? My weight dropped very easily. 17lbs the first month with no exercise and then steadily about 3lbs per week with running added. I have taken stretches of several months off the diet without adding putting on weight so I am sure it was not water weight.

I like how I feel on the diet but as far as a way of life, I enjoy bread and pototos too much.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 15:32

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

RichW men tend to lose weight much faster than women. 3 pounds a week is normal weight loss for men, 2 pounds is normal for females. Plus you have the factor of still being young on your side

I lost 30 pounds my first couple of months without exercise, however since then I have been on the OWL which slowed my rate of loss. I may add this is the first time in my life I have actually watched what I was eating.