Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-29-17, 14:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 169/169/130 Female 5' 2.5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Another Newbie

Hello--I decided to join this forum as I'll be embarking on a low carb eating journey for the new year. I know I need the support and I'm also aware helping others will give me strength too. I'm trying to navigate the site so I know where to post, read, etc.. Looking forward to meeting you! Thanks, JoJoSue
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-29-17, 15:18
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Welcome. This is a great place for information and support. It worked for me, anyway. I wish you the best as you get this party started.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-29-17, 15:33

Stats: 168.5/168.5/140 Female 5'2"
BF:

Hi JoJoSue. I see that we have about the same STATS. I wish you the best in this. I am looking for accountability people that I can link up with. My Husband doesn't do Low Carb thing and I have always found that I do so much better eating this way. I really need to make this a way of life for me now :-)
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Dec-29-17, 16:01
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Many of us live in households where we are the only people eating LC, so you aren't alone. A journal is a great way to be accountable, so starting your own will be a great step forward.

Read around. I realize this is a giant website, but you'll find interesting and helpful first-hand information here that generic blogs don't give.

Many of us have found dietdoctor.com to be a really good resource as well.

Welcome, and enjoy your journey.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-05-18, 12:17

BF:
Default Not sure how to use this site!

I haven't been on since my first contact, as I don't even know how to reply to the 'welcome' responses I got. So THANK YOU to all who responded. Can someone tell me how I respond to them? Not sure how to navigate between threads--duh!! I'd appreciate help with the basics please! Thanks.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-18, 04:11

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome JoJoSue
Large forums like this are organized by subject. There isn’t a "reply" button per se. But if you hit "quote" in the lower right, readers will know to which comment you are replying. If you just want to add a general comment to the topic, then write in the "reply to thread" box at bottom as you did already. That works too. More info on how to use this forum in the "TechnicalQuestions" section at bottom of this index page.
Go back to this page to see activity in the various topics and navigate between threads: http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php? (First on the path above) From this page, if you want the Atkins forum, go here http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98. Or many use General Low Carb for Questions.
Also keep notifications on, and you will get an email Daily to any thread in which you have posted. If not, You can also tap on your own user name anytime to see All posts you have written.
Let us know how we can help, all the best,

Last edited by JEY100 : Sat, Jan-06-18 at 04:17.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-18, 16:39

BF:

Thank you Janet--I will keep trying to work my way around here.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-18, 16:44

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHoltman
Hi JoJoSue. I see that we have about the same STATS. I wish you the best in this. I am looking for accountability people that I can link up with. My Husband doesn't do Low Carb thing and I have always found that I do so much better eating this way. I really need to make this a way of life for me now :-)

Hi LHoltman--I would like to take you up on the accountability partner as my husband is not doing the LC diet either. I tried Atkins 2 years ago and lost close to 20# until I fell off the wagon...I hope I'm replying to your message correctly, I'm having a difficult time with this forum as the other one I was on was very self explanatory. Time to teach an old dog new tricks I guess! BTW--I haven't actually started yet--my husband continues to bring in the sugary stuff and I have NO willpower to stay away from it!! I don't remember how I was able to accomplish it the last time I went on Atkins, but maybe we can help each other?
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-18, 11:18

Stats: 168.5/168.5/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Default JoJoSue

Hi JoJoSue,
I am having the same issues with maneuvering around here. I would love to team up with you. Let me know how you are doing. I am in the process of trying to simplify things in my life. I have too much going on around me so I need to do that to function better! Hope all is well!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jan-18-18, 05:51

BF:
Default Accountability Partners

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHoltman
Hi JoJoSue,
I am having the same issues with maneuvering around here. I would love to team up with you. Let me know how you are doing. I am in the process of trying to simplify things in my life. I have too much going on around me so I need to do that to function better! Hope all is well!

Thanks for the response LH! I was just about to give up on this web site because it's not as user friendly as other forums I've been on. If the Smoker Cessation forum had been this complicated I never would have been able to quit smoking--which thankfully I'm going on 5 years without cigarettes now

I understand about getting things organized in order to move forward. My husband had knee replacement surgery a week ago and I'm concentrating on taking care of him obviously rather than me. I'm glad he finally had it done, but that means he'll be home with me for 6 weeks and how do I get going on my LC eating when I need to cook for him and bring what he likes into the house? Not to mention having the added stress of waiting on him hand and foot--or should I say hand and knee?

Maybe we could start a new thread where we could communicate with each other or find a thread that already has people pairing up for accountability support? I'm ready to get going when you are!! Thanks!