Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-02, 11:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/160/130
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Introduction

Hi, I'm Susan. I've been trying hard to complete the induction phase of my Atkins diet. I have started over twice. My sugar cravings are out of this world. Since I have mainly lived on carbs for all of my 50 years on this earth, I find this very difficult. I know I need to loose my cravings because my weight keeps going up, up, up.

As for the introduction -- I am 50 years old, 5'9" tall and about 162 pounds. I have never been this overweight in my life. I have six children, am divorced and have a awful minpin named Jade.

I am joining this group to help me gain the courage to follow the Atkins diet. I am weak in resolve and need to learn to help myself.

Thanks!

Susan
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-02, 11:55
Vorsicht! heiß

Plan: SureSlim Wellness Clinic
Stats: 225.6/188.8/160 Female 5'8
BF:34%/24%/24%
Progress: 56%

Hello Susan and Welcome

You found the right place for information and support. The 2 weeks induction should get rid of your cravings for sweets, perhaps you have to up your fat intake a bit. Try adding cream cheese or more dressing to your vegetables. A good tool to use its www.fitday.com, there you can enter your food and see your statistic's. I try to keep my fat intake around 65 %, protein around 30 and carbs 5%. A good idea is to start your own journal, there you can list your food and if needed get some help to balance things out.
I am on Atkins now for over 10 weeks and have to say that I never had any cravings for sweets or carbs anymore....it still feels like a dream to me
I wish you good success, ask if you need anything

Mischa
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-02, 06:55

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up Welcome

Hi Susan and welcome to this forum. Good for you on going low carb.

I hope that you find Atkins to your liking, I was not troubled by sugar cravings, but now have no desire for sweet food at all. If you want some sweet things in your life you might find the CAD/CALP plan more to your liking. I know that several of my friends on this site have recently changed from Atkins to CAD and found this helpful.

I am just two and a half years behind you and I find this a great way of life and will be happy to eat like this for life. I have a lot more weight than you to loose, but it is great to know that after 15 months I am still loosing. I would not have been with other plans.

This site is great for information, advice, support and motivation. Every success.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 15:00

Plan: adkins
Stats: 162/153/120 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress:

I am new and would like some advice.