Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#436   ^
Old Sun, Jan-21-18, 18:16

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello dear warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

It was in the 50’s today so hit the trails with the Magnum dog 🐕!
I got all my weekend chores done yeah!
Jo and Karen minimalist here for sure! I also get anxious if everything is not put away! I despise clutter. Luv simplicity!
De... Dinner by your place sounded delish! Glad DRH is helping so you can get projects done!
Have a spectacular Sunday warriors and take care of yourself!
Big football 🏈 day today anyone have a favorite to win?
Sponsored Links
  #437   ^
Old Mon, Jan-22-18, 05:41
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Smile Monday, 22 January 2018

Good Monday Morning, Warriors!!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally spectacular day in every way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:
When someone tells you “it can’t be done,” it’s more a reflection of their limitations, not YOURS!
~ unknown

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wow we have a FULL week of school this week! A rarity this time of year. Next week it's Parent Teacher Conferences on Friday (2 Feb) and again the following Monday (5 Feb). Then we're off for Prez. Day on the 19th. It's a wonder our students learn anything with all the off time they have!

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO, same here on the house. Being minimal type I have it easy in the cleaning dept. Less is more for sure!! Clutter makes me so anxious and being a control freaky time (which I am trying to let loose of a bit and have succeeded only a tiny bit ), it is nice there is no clutter to freak me out around here. The stupid garage has to get cleaned out, so much hubby stuff from the farm time. But when he gets off work he will attack it and I will get 'most of my' garage back! Wee
I know it's way harder to be clutter-free when you live with two other people. And I experience the anxiety you describe when Imma around a lot of clutter!

I am also the clean-as-I-go type, so I don't have huge things I need to tackle at any one time. Makes my life so much easier.

So glad to hear that your weather has improved. I didn't think the bad winter weather would stick around long, not in your neck of the woods. I know it was a hassle for sure!

Hope you got a chance to go out to the park and explore around! Do they have a kayak launch? B/c I know you like to kayak and if it's in your 'hood, you could kayak a lot more!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
It was in the 50’s today so hit the trails with the Magnum dog 🐕!
Wow you're having a HEAT Wave! Hope it continues!
Quote:
I got all my weekend chores done yeah!
We always get a sense of accomplishment when that's done... and then it starts all over again next w/e!
Quote:
Jo and Karen minimalist here for sure! I also get anxious if everything is not put away! I despise clutter. Luv simplicity!
I think all of us are the same about clutter and simplicity!

And simplicity really does filter down to the way we eat... basic simple "real" foods! Could explain why we're all so successful on our incredible LC WOE!
Quote:
Have a spectacular Sunday warriors and take care of yourself!
Mine was spectacularly low-key and restful. Imma ready to have a great week at school!

Hope your Sunday was restful too!
Quote:
Big football 🏈 day today anyone have a favorite to win?
Not me, I've never been one to watch sports on TV, just doesn't appeal to me at all... Did your team win? This is to determine who will play at the Super Bowl right?? Which I don't watch either!

De:
Hope you had a great w/e! How's your new lil' DGS doing?

Last edited by Just Jo : Tue, Jan-23-18 at 04:50. Reason: Option F: Fixin' Flippin' typos ~ Monday is 5 Feb not the 6th
  #438   ^
Old Mon, Jan-22-18, 08:07

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hi Bernie, DE and JO

got some icky weather coming, just rain but cloudy and I miss my sunshine for sure--boo!!

JO we never hit the park. Kiddo came out and I said in about an hr we have to get ready to go and she parked her azz in front of her Xbox and it was over. I kept saying, lets get ready to go and she kept shaking her head no, no yet....so in the end she sat her butt there most of the day. OMG ya know. I let it slide on this one cause I kinda popped it on her but this crap is gonna stop Sooner than later LOL I can't let the games take control like that, it irked me but again, let it slide on this one caues it got later in the day and I thought, screw going now, I have to think of what I am gonna make hubby for dinner when he gets home and finish up the laundry etc...so I blew it off at that point.

I will get there one day tho HAHA

Off to grocery. BLECK!
fast trip, not buying much.
Need chicken and tuna tho.
They have NY Strip steaks on sale, need a few packs.

nothing major here, just watching the clouds roll by and the temps go down now.

great day all
  #439   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-18, 06:06
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Tuesday, 23 January 2018

Good Tuesday Morning, Warriors!!

Hope this finds all of you doing well! Take some time today to just chil-lax to take care of YOU b/c you're WORTH IT!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

You’re always ONE decision away from a totally different LIFE!
~ unknown

Already Tuesday morning... the days really fly by since I am having a BLAST at school with all the kiddos! I really do love teaching 'em all my hobbies. Like I've said before, I've got the BEST teaching gig EVER!

I need to make an eye doctor appointment, so I may take one of those Parent Teacher Conference days off to take care of that.

I don't like to take off when the kiddos are in school, they really do "busy" work in my classes b/c I don't trust the subs with all the equipment we use...

And it's a lot of work to make sub plans...UGH!

Imma staying after school today to collect $$$ for our second to last Basketball game of the season. Imma not really sure who is staying to play at home, the girls or the boys 7th and 8th grade teams.

Since I will be home late to eat, it will be more like a 26 or 27 hr IF day for me. Not a problem whatsoever... It is what it is! My daily goal is to always live by my S.E.A.L w/o excuses!

Karen:
Quote:
got some icky weather coming, just rain but cloudy and I miss my sunshine for sure--boo!!
All I can say is:

37 Days til SPRING!
Quote:
JO we never hit the park. Kiddo came out and I said in about an hr we have to get ready to go and she parked her azz in front of her Xbox and it was over. I kept saying, lets get ready to go and she kept shaking her head no, no yet....so in the end she sat her butt there most of the day. OMG ya know. I let it slide on this one cause I kinda popped it on her but this crap is gonna stop Sooner than later LOL I can't let the games take control like that, it irked me but again, let it slide on this one caues it got later in the day and I thought, screw going now, I have to think of what I am gonna make hubby for dinner when he gets home and finish up the laundry etc...so I blew it off at that point.
Sorry you didn't get to check out the park.

When the kiddos get in the zone with their electronic games, they perty much veg... Actually adults do the same too...

If she was mine, I'd have unplugged her Xbox and told her we're going esp since it was one of the few nice days you guys have had lately... It wouldn't have killed her to experience fresh air and exercise for a little while and it wasn't like you were gonna be gone for hours... Different parenting styles right??

Berni & De:
Hope you two are doing well and taking care of YOU!
  #440   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-18, 12:41

BF:

oh no JO I have done that many times
I am far from a pushover HA HA I make the kid do a lot of things and when I say shut it off, it goes off or she loses it LOL

I just let this one slide. I called Barb and me and her are gonna do the park one day when kiddo is in school.....She has to make up those 3 snow days.....2 days--1/2 days are now full days----and one off day has to be a full day. She is ticked, but I say you play the snow game you pay with the snow game HA

anywho.....

Sadly my, like 15 yr old, DELL laptop died this morning, well heck all the lights are on and it works, but the monitor went total black. Monitor is gonzo darn it

on kiddo's older but a lot newer DELL laptop than mine was

So kiddo gave this to hubby and now I have taken over...and now I have to go to store and buy hubby a new computer of his own. Shoot me ya know but I have to say this computer is kinda one I know where everything is on it.

so I have to work on this computer cleaning it up with all the junky kid games and more downloaded and get it spruced up for the new user, me

will chat up later guys.

I thought I would get another 15 yrs out of my old laptop HA HA, kiddo thinks I am nuts, but I mean if all I do is a few basic things on a computer like banking and such and it can handle it, why upgrade LOL yes, that is me, using old technology for an old gal

will catch up later guys
  #441   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-18, 13:56

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

We had rain all day yesterday but it was in the forties! Drop last night and we got hit with 6 inches of snow! I have been shoveling the driveway and walkways this morning! Very dicey driving to get by Makayla so we just chillin no adventures today!
Karen.... if I lived close you would not have to ask me twice for a trail walk! My grandkiddies are hooked on their electronics also even the little one has all her Mickey shows and trolls on one!
Jo.... luv your enthusiasm for the kiddos! They have a great teacher!
De... hope you are doing good!
Have a terrific Tuesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #442   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-18, 14:16

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi Bernie, Karen & Jo,

I have my DGD over today and right now we are watching pink and blue trolls after playing outside. I took my grandson to school today and that was a huge challenge because of all the road work. They are putting up traffic lights all over this area and it's a pain.

Weather is nice, not too cold or hot. It's enjoyable.

I'm really tired today, but I had already volunteered to take my DGD for the day. My DDIL doesn't want her going to daycare right now because of all the flu going around, don't blame her. We don't need that stuff around the baby. He's such a sweetie and he's really filling out. He seems so much bigger, he's probably about 10 lbs now.

Ok gotta fix lunch for the little one.
  #443   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-18, 20:12

Plan: Low carb/Keto
Stats: 335/334/200 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 1%

Back again!

Started ZC/LC again. Given up my international creamers, LC protein drinks and going to stick with real food. Lets see how I do until the end of the month.

Question: should I give up coffee?

1/20/2018- 289.2
1/21/2018- 288.8
1/22/2018- 288.4
  #444   ^
Old Wed, Jan-24-18, 06:45
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Wednesday, 24 January 2018

Good HUMP Day Mornin', Warriors!!

Have a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day b/c it's always a CHOICE!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

We met for one of two reasons: You’re either a BLESSING or a LESSON!!
~ unknown

So lovely to see that all the WARRIOR posted yesterday! RIGHT ON!

Already HUMP Day, it's downhill to the w/e from here! Un-be-liev-able!

The BB games were GREAT! All our teams won! I know the kiddos will be excited today at school! They have one more game day tomorrow and BB season is finished!

Nothing much to report except Imma loving life and I am grateful for finally getting every single aspect of my life straightened out like I want/need it!

It's so gratifying that "losing weight" isn't on my radar and food/eating is no longer an obsession... it hasn't been in a very long time. I seriously do not think about eating off-plan foods... life is good!

Karen:
Quote:
oh no JO I have done that many times
I am far from a pushover HA HA I make the kid do a lot of things and when I say shut it off, it goes off or she loses it LOL

I just let this one slide.
Oh I never thought you were a push-over at all!
Quote:
I called Barb and me and her are gonna do the park one day when kiddo is in school.....
Oh that will be a fun adventure for you two!

You'll have to share what you find out, esp about the kayaking launch, etc...
Quote:
She has to make up those 3 snow days.....2 days--1/2 days are now full days----and one off day has to be a full day. She is ticked, but I say you play the snow game you pay with the snow game HA
I can imagine she is not the only one disappointed about having to make-up those snow days...
Quote:
Sadly my, like 15 yr old, DELL laptop died this morning, well heck all the lights are on and it works, but the monitor went total black. Monitor is gonzo darn it

on kiddo's older but a lot newer DELL laptop than mine was

So kiddo gave this to hubby and now I have taken over...and now I have to go to store and buy hubby a new computer of his own. Shoot me ya know but I have to say this computer is kinda one I know where everything is on it.

so I have to work on this computer cleaning it up with all the junky kid games and more downloaded and get it spruced up for the new user, me
15 years on your laptop??? Holy Hannah that's a GREAT run, you sure did get your $$$$ worth! I personally, LOVE Dell computers, those are the only ones I buy b/c I've never had any issues with 'em and I use computers a lot for my job etc... and I need something dependable... IMHO, they are worth every $$$$!
Quote:
I thought I would get another 15 yrs out of my old laptop HA HA, kiddo thinks I am nuts, but I mean if all I do is a few basic things on a computer like banking and such and it can handle it, why upgrade LOL yes, that is me, using old technology for an old gal
Yeppers, I totally get what you're saying... I don't do a lot of high tech stuff on mine either...

I am so NOT a gamer. PERIOD! So I don't need the latest bells and whistles to play the newest games.

Like you, I wanna be able to do my online banking, google info, chat in here and use my computer apps like MS Office, Photoshop etc to create my school & webpage stuff... simple.easy.computer.stuff.

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
We had rain all day yesterday but it was in the forties! Drop last night and we got hit with 6 inches of snow! I have been shoveling the driveway and walkways this morning! Very dicey driving to get by Makayla so we just chillin no adventures today!
Oh man, I was hoping you'd be getting nicer weather! I don't blame you for stickin' close to home since its nasty outside... lots of drivers are crazy, add inclement weather and you're taking your own life in your hands if you go out and drive in that mess! Hope it clears up quickly for you!
Quote:
Jo.... luv your enthusiasm for the kiddos! They have a great teacher!
Thanks my friend! You know, I really do love the kiddos, they know that... I can't imagine doing this if you don't like kids... and I've known a few that didn't... sad very sad...
Quote:
Have a terrific Tuesday warriors and take care of yourself!
You too esp out and about, girlie!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
I have my DGD over today and right now we are watching pink and blue trolls after playing outside. I took my grandson to school today and that was a huge challenge because of all the road work. They are putting up traffic lights all over this area and it's a pain.
Sounds like a fun day with grandma!

UGH, I hate it when they are doing any type of road work... I hope it doesn't take 'em long to finish that project for your sake!
Quote:
Weather is nice, not too cold or hot. It's enjoyable.
It's brrrrr cold here in the mornings but the afternoons are pretty nice... Imma with Karen, I can't WAIT til SPRING!
Quote:
I'm really tired today, but I had already volunteered to take my DGD for the day. My DDIL doesn't want her going to daycare right now because of all the flu going around, don't blame her. We don't need that stuff around the baby. He's such a sweetie and he's really filling out. He seems so much bigger, he's probably about 10 lbs now.
Yeppers, I totally agree about keeping your DGD out of daycare until this flu season slackens... it's a bad one for sure!

So Imma a bit confused, your DDIL is still home with the new baby, right? and your DGD still goes to daycare?

Joe:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe42
Back again!

Started ZC/LC again. Given up my international creamers, LC protein drinks and going to stick with real food. Lets see how I do until the end of the month.

Question: should I give up coffee?

1/20/2018- 289.2
1/21/2018- 288.8
1/22/2018- 288.4
WELCOME BACK Joe!!!

Looks like you're doing GREAT! WTG!

In answer to your Imma gonna ask another one, why do you think you need to give up coffee?

I know Dr. A says this on page 138 of Diet Revolution 1972 in reference to caffeine consumption:
Quote:
*Special note on caffeine and Diet Cola. Because most heavy people have some hypoglycemia, coffee, tea and diet colas, which contain caffeine, should be limited to six servings a day (cups). If you know you have low blood sugar, better limit it to three.

I didn't give up coffee and I drink 3 cups in the am before work w 1 cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk (1 carb and 30 kcals) and liquid sucralose as my artificial sweetener. So it equals about 4 cups of Joe once I add my Almond milk!

#445   ^
Old Wed, Jan-24-18, 07:03

BF:

Thanks - Just jo

On the coffee issue I was throwing it out there to see what people are doing. I had one cup this morning before heading to the gym. I plan to have another one at work. .. I really need to up my water intake.
  #446   ^
Old Wed, Jan-24-18, 08:31

BF:

DE so hear you on the flu going around and ya know a daycare is a germ fest to the max HA HA or anywhere else kids gather

Be sure tho to find some quiet time for yourself in there as we all must thru our busy day.

I noticed you have not mentioned any other troubles with the med situation of your heart, I take it you are in fine form and doing very well after all that, since you are not mentioning troubles, I am so happy all that was a great fix for you and you are doing so well after all that!!!

HI Bernie!!! Hope you the snow is treating you right HA
and you are doing well!

JO yea the DELLs I love also. dependable for sure. My old Dell was super old but I am just like you in what ya wrote, I don't require the 'super fast' speeds that the gamers require or the video people and all that. I need simple basic computer Kiddo's Dell is a Latitude high speed cause Bro Rich the VP of the computer company got her this for gaming so I have to say it moves faster than my other old Dell-----but it is super sensitive! I hate this. I 'linger' over a thing and it goes there. I go to the margin with the arrow and it changes my font size and more...I mean what the heck is with this program or whatever LOL drives me a bit nuts til I learn all the weirdo sensitivity things about this puter. But it is recycled from kiddo and paid for and done deal so I will keep it and use it for hopefully til I hit the grave LOL

BIGJOE, keep on trucking man!! You just gotta get on board and STAY there!

Coffee is weird for everyone. Coffee will and can increase insulin levels in people so if you find it works against you give it up, if you do fine with it then keep it in It is a very personal journey on what few things do work well for you and if they do then ya keep them, if you adverse bad things with what you are doing then change must happen.

I tell ya Joe that nothing but A72 basic induction foods is the top way to lose lbs and eat well. It is the most basic and smart way to get your eating under control and live well while doing it! Dr A knew what he was researching and knew the right way to go on this one!!

Hey all
still wonky on new computer
I hate change, my old computer I knew like the back of my hand, now I have to spend time figuring and getting into a habit with this one. yea I whine, I know, but geez, I want my old puter back...just like I want my old SUV back. New vehicle is ok, so miss the old one.

eh, off to get day moving
doing cheeseburger patty on the grill later cause sun is shining and warm out and I wanna grill and kid back in school, WEE and hubby at work and all good

great day all
  #447   ^
Old Wed, Jan-24-18, 09:01

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Good Morning All...

Hi Jo, Karen, Bernie & welcome back Joe.

I didn't give up coffee, but mostly drink it caffeine free because I feel better keeping my caffeine consumption low. Same with SF soda, I keep to caffeine free on that too when I have one, which isn't too often. I mostly drink water and coffeee throughout the day.

Yesterday was fun with DGD but wore me out. I like to keep her busy and entertained when I have her over. Just gave her mom a break so she can get some work done. She has a newborn to deal with but is still doing work from home on her computer. DGD has not been going to daycare since the baby was born, but still has her spot in daycare. Many of you may not know this but if you give up your spot you may have to go on a waiting list to get it back and have to pay re-registration fees.

Everyone have a great day!
  #448   ^
Old Wed, Jan-24-18, 20:51

BF:

Thanks- for the coffee info... I was doing great today then I relapse had a cup of skim milk.. Back on the horse now.
  #449   ^
Old Thu, Jan-25-18, 05:20
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Thursday, 25 January 2018

Happy Friday Eve, Warriors!!

Hope this finds all of you doing well on this fine Thursday morning!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

If you don’t go after what you WANT, you’ll never have IT!
~ Nora Roberts

I'm doing great, the kiddos at school keep me smiling...

Can you guys believe that we were celebrating Christmas a month ago? Holy Hannah, time's a flyin'!!!

Anyhoo...

Imma so tired of "our" cold. Yeah, Imma pretty wimpy when it comes to cold. But that's b/c it's all relative to what one is used to experiencing, right??

The afternoons are lovely, around mid to high 50s; an occasional blip into the low 60s, but the butt crack of dawn when I get up and then when I get to work is flirting around mid to high 20s.... Brrrrrrrrr cold for sure!!

Like Karen, I can't WAIT for Spring to be sprung!

35 Days til SPRING!

Joe:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe42
Thanks - Just jo

On the coffee issue I was throwing it out there to see what people are doing. I had one cup this morning before heading to the gym. I plan to have another one at work. .. I really need to up my water intake.
You're welcome!

I follow A '72 religiously and I know Dr. A says this about water as part of the Diet Revolution Rules on page 138:
Quote:
Drink as much water or calorie free beverages as thirst requires. Don’t restrict fluids…but it is not necessary to force them either.
Your profile says that you are following "You own" plan, wanna share what that entails?

Karen:
Quote:
JO yea the DELLs I love also. dependable for sure. My old Dell was super old but I am just like you in what ya wrote, I don't require the 'super fast' speeds that the gamers require or the video people and all that. I need simple basic computer Kiddo's Dell is a Latitude high speed cause Bro Rich the VP of the computer company got her this for gaming so I have to say it moves faster than my other old Dell-----but it is super sensitive! I hate this. I 'linger' over a thing and it goes there. I go to the margin with the arrow and it changes my font size and more...I mean what the heck is with this program or whatever LOL drives me a bit nuts til I learn all the weirdo sensitivity things about this puter. But it is recycled from kiddo and paid for and done deal so I will keep it and use it for hopefully til I hit the grave LOL
Yep, only gamers, for the most part, need the speed for their games...it's vicious cycle to have 'em buy newer and newer 'puters b/c of the newer games...

Really nice that your bro is in the 'puter business. I have my adorable SIL for anything related to the hardware side of computers, I know production software... So it's really nice when I have 'puter issues which is NEVER since I have a DELL desktop and a DELL Laptop (my backup)!
Quote:
still wonky on new computer
I hate change, my old computer I knew like the back of my hand, now I have to spend time figuring and getting into a habit with this one. yea I whine, I know, but geez, I want my old puter back...just like I want my old SUV back. New vehicle is ok, so miss the old one.
So is this a laptop or a desktop? I never really got the hang of typing on a laptop...I find the smallish keyboard annoying and I connect a mouse to it b/c I can't stand using the touchpad mouse... UGH!

Like I said earlier, my laptop is my emergency backup... it has all the software that I use on my desktop, so if I experience any 'puter problems that's my go-to!

Speaking of computers, what are the rest of you guys using to post in here?

If Imma not mistaken, don't you use your Ipad to post in here, De???

How about you, Berni? What do you use??

Inquiring minds wanna KNOW! (Pick me me me! )
Quote:
doing cheeseburger patty on the grill later cause sun is shining and warm out and I wanna grill and kid back in school, WEE and hubby at work and all good
Sounds like your life is back to normal and your weather is improving!

I'll be by to have a cheeseburger... what time you grilling????

Hey when does Nicole have to make-up those snow days?

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Yesterday was fun with DGD but wore me out. I like to keep her busy and entertained when I have her over. Just gave her mom a break so she can get some work done. She has a newborn to deal with but is still doing work from home on her computer. DGD has not been going to daycare since the baby was born, but still has her spot in daycare. Many of you may not know this but if you give up your spot you may have to go on a waiting list to get it back and have to pay re-registration fees.
That answered my question...yep I had no idea about the waiting list thingy and pay registration fees again. Good daycare is hard to find! Makes perfectly good sense to keep taking her and it helps her socialize with peeps her age! How much longer before she's in kindergarten?

Sorry to hear that your DGD is wearing you out... hope you find time to just chil-lax!

So your DIL is going to work from home, that's great. Means she'll be able to spend lots of time with the new baby! I know you mentioned that as an option a while back...

Hope your RDH is enjoying his retirement...probably more shell-shocked about not having to go in and work for da "man"... it does take some getting used to Imma sure!

Berni:
Hope you're doing well and that you'll find time this w/e to just chil-lax and take care of YOU!

How's your DSS doing? Hope things are going well for him!
  #450   ^
Old Thu, Jan-25-18, 05:45

BF:

Oh yea DE finding good daycare is rough and if you have that place I sure would do what it takes to keep her spot open

A good daycare can hold ya by the cahoonies LOL but I sure get why they can!

JO this is a laptop. My desktop PC died like 5 yrs ago and I never replaced it since the laptops do all we need now. I won't ever own a desktop again. So after I check in with Bro Rich, who might have a nice used older laptop hanging around his house he can give me, we are good to go for hubby. If Rich has nothing available we will go out and buy hubby a kinda cheapy laptop to get by, I mean all he does on a laptop is watch hunting videos or buy ammo online etc.

HI Bernie!!!

so weather getting colder again...boo!

Having some MIL troubles. She is going weirdo a bit. Her meds are making her sleepy, so she sleeps in the day time sometimes and wakes up not knowing what day it is and then she talks to her other son and says, what is today? I have no idea and then he calls my hubby and says mom is losing it....what a pain in the azz. She tells one son one thing, like she has NO food in the house and he calls my hubby and says what is wrong with mom? and my hubby says nothing, cause she has tons of food (she is a friggin' hoarder for heavens sake and that applies to the food in the house and freezer also LOL) and hubby is starting to freak out being called from Tim about what mom said etc and he is seeing everything in a way different light cause hell she is like 2 miles down the road and we know first hand......hubby is getting wonky in the brain, kinda ticked now and I said just let it slide. What she tells Tim and what she does are 2 different things and just let it all go and don't worry about it. We KNOW cause we are here and see her, she is talking about 'she is dying' etc and cries to Tim her days are numbered and she is freaking everyone out big time. I told hubby that she is transitioning like my Mom did. My mom gave up driving, is on a sleep a lot routine, still functions but her life bubble is tons smaller now being 89, and that MIL is going into that phase now. She was very active but over the last year (she is 76 now with more med troubles) and finding driving more tiring, not going out with friends like she did, kinda being more of a homebody etc and she is finding her world is getting smaller and changing and it just has to happen. She needs to find her new kinda life routine that suits her life and how it is going, I told hubby to chill out and just let it all happen and see where this all lands.
Anywho none of it is a big deal but it is getting on hubbys nerves a bit HAHA, me I just say, whatever and don't give it another thought, he has to deal with the phone calls from Tim and explain it all to him LOL not me

ugh that was a lot of stupid to type out

off to get moving
everyone have a fab day