Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#2086   ^
Old Wed, Feb-21-18, 09:46

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

to Sharon. Now that I am 62, I find I don't lose the way I used to either. It is certainly a puzzle one has to put together!
Sponsored Links
  #2087   ^
Old Wed, Feb-21-18, 09:50

I am still here, just had a spell where I didn't feel like posting. I am still working on my now well identified issues. I continue to choose calp as my default way of eating if I'm not engaging in eating behavior that simply harms me.

The recipes are really by default now, the new ones I choose, the favorites that I make again and again. I am not as good as I need to be when eating out, which is far, far rarer than it used to be. We eat at home the majority of the time now.

My latest find btw, is a smoked gouda and bacon cauliflower mash by my fav - you can search for the recipe on her website: ibreatheimhungry.com

This was company good, and will be a part of our regular cool weather rotation of recipes.
  #2088   ^
Old Thu, Feb-22-18, 06:16
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/carb cycle/IF
Stats: 226/213/160 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Oooo, the smoked gouda and bacon cauliflower sounds wonderful. I'll look it up.

I usually return to my favorite recipes too, but I keep running across and saving recipes that sound good to me, so last week I vowed to try at least one new one each week. If it's a winner, I keep it, but if not, it'll be deleted. It's really fun and tasty when I get a winner/keeper. And since I'm usually only cooking for me, leftovers end up in individual serving size containers in the freezer. It's fun to survey the freezer before weekly shopping and find that I'm already pretty well stocked with already-made meals.
  #2089   ^
Old Thu, Feb-22-18, 08:25
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
Welcome,Sharon!
That sound fun.
I also try new recipes and the reaction that my DH has will make or break a recipe. The worst thing I ever tried, according to him, was soy grits. The best things- anything cauliflower, any kind of beef stew, and the crack slaw recipes with cabbage and meats.

Tonight we are having friends over for dessert and a glass of wine, so I am planning a CM dinner with my carbs saved for later. I am thinking baked chicken breasts with salad and asparagus.

later-
E
  #2090   ^
Old Thu, Feb-22-18, 10:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonef
Oooo, the smoked gouda and bacon cauliflower sounds wonderful. I'll look it up.

I usually return to my favorite recipes too, but I keep running across and saving recipes that sound good to me, so last week I vowed to try at least one new one each week. If it's a winner, I keep it, but if not, it'll be deleted. It's really fun and tasty when I get a winner/keeper. And since I'm usually only cooking for me, leftovers end up in individual serving size containers in the freezer. It's fun to survey the freezer before weekly shopping and find that I'm already pretty well stocked with already-made meals.

I think I would qualify as a recipe collector. When I got married, a gift from my mother, was a 3 ring binder (small) filled with family recipes and favorites that she collected from our family as well as the family I was marrying into.
Over the years, I expanded this to 3 huge binders, one with reward meal only recipes which included the family recipes, our favorites and as I call them "heritage" recipes. Another is filled with recipes I find to try. The third is filled with cm (craving reducing) recipes that are calp/cad compliant.

It is a lot of fun.
  #2091   ^
Old Fri, Feb-23-18, 08:29

Plan: Reduced carb
Stats: 217/189/150 Female 5ft 2 inches
BF:lots/lots/less
Progress: 42%

Just stopped in to say Hi and see how everyone was doing. I have stayed in Onederland for 13 days now. No bounce back up. I am as close to CALP as I will probably ever get, in that my only carbs are at dinner. At 72, losses are very slow I would like them to be faster, but a loss is a loss. I don't plan on seeing a gain ever again.
  #2092   ^
Old Fri, Feb-23-18, 10:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaCarolSue
Just stopped in to say Hi and see how everyone was doing. I have stayed in Onederland for 13 days now. No bounce back up. I am as close to CALP as I will probably ever get, in that my only carbs are at dinner. At 72, losses are very slow I would like them to be faster, but a loss is a loss. I don't plan on seeing a gain ever again.

That is awesome! Such good news, thank you for popping in to share that
  #2093   ^
Old Sat, Feb-24-18, 16:26
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
Carol, that's great to hear.

Celebrating great news- my DH is stable at his 5 year scan! So we're having 12 of our closest friends for dinner. Champagne!
Later-
E
  #2094   ^
Old Sun, Feb-25-18, 15:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
Celebrating great news- my DH is stable at his 5 year scan!E

Awesome, happy for you both.
  #2095   ^
Old Tue, Feb-27-18, 18:13
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

Thanks, Pat!

DH has meetings and classes and parties for 3 nights- so I'm on my own for RM dinner. Tonight I had a salad with arugula, leftover beef bbq with onions and peppers and cheese, one small corn tortilla and 1/4 cup of granola with h&h. Water to drink.

I'm seriously thinking about having the same thing tomorrow- probably with a cheese quesadilla instead of the cereal.

And maybe Thursday too (LOL).

later-
E
  #2096   ^
Old Thu, Mar-01-18, 15:52
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
tonight will be the third night of bbq and salad and whatever. My carb tonight will be an orange.
We are going to visit my mom for a week, and all RMs (and meals) will be eaten out. I find this usually easy to do- breakfast is coffee and a side of eggs, lunch is a chicken caesar salad, dinner is what I want.

see you in a week or so-
E
  #2097   ^
Old Wed, Mar-07-18, 07:30
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
back from a visit to my mom in Florida. Had a great time- perfect weather. Just weighed adn I'm down a pound. Go figure!
Ate fast food on the drive home- lunch was a salad with the meat from an Arby's sandwich. Dinner was a chicken sandwich with the bun and a salad. Had a square of 70% dark chocolate for dessert.

Tonight I'm planning burgers, cauliflower tots, and salad.

later-
E
  #2098   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-18, 14:56
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
dinner last night was great. Tonight we're having leftovers- DH's favorite. Big salad, bbq brisket, slaw, buns, refried beans.
DH will have some tortillas with his beef and I'll have a piece of french bread. I made the slaw this morning.

Tomorrow we're going out for dinner- and Saturday.I'm thinking about cornish game hens for Sunday- or soup.

later-
E
  #2099   ^
Old Sun, Mar-11-18, 08:29
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
last night had a great RM- had a salad, and shared a dish of chicken breast/spinach/red peppers and pasta. Water to drink and one piece of bread. Had appetizers before- olives and cheese.

Tonight I'm making a bean soup with chicken broth and chicken thigh quarters with added veggies. It's one of DH's favorites and I hardly ever make it. I'll serve it with a big salad and bread.

later-
E
  #2100   ^
Old Mon, Mar-12-18, 07:58
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
Soup was terrific and DH LOVED it. There is enough for one bowl left- I may have it tonight with some other protein and a salad and bread for carb, or I may get take out from the supermarket. DH isn't home tonight for dinner. I am planning on the cornish game hens for Wednesday and probably Thursday nights.

Just got back from teh gym- it's pouring rain here so I did the weights and the rowing machine.

Later-
E