Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-01, 19:37
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/186/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 54%
Talking

hey Wa'il,

Ok, call me nosey or whatever you will, but .......

I recall that your weight stats sat at 290 lbs for a long time. And I know you've had troubles with asthma meds and what-not. I just looked at yer stats, and they show yer down to 280! ...

Way to go my dear friend. You do so much behind the scenes here on the forum ..... I just want to say to the whole world that our Wa'il (tamarian) is totally awesome, and a commited lowcarber.

I love ya, and I can't thank you enough for bringing LowCarb Canada to all of us, and for keeping it going (I know it's a challenge, sometimes)......

Love ya so much, .... Doreen
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-01, 19:52
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Gosh, thanks Doreen!! But frankly, people with technical skills are a dime a dozen, it's people like you and Karen (and plenty more) who have the information, knowledge, patience and suport that made our a site a success.

Yes, I gained a lot of weight from last year, and lost a lot more when I stopped my meds. Now that winter is over, I may go back on the meds. Spring and summer are the worst for my asthma.

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-01, 00:27
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by tamarian
Gosh, thanks Doreen!! But frankly, people with technical skills are a dime a dozen, it's people like you and Karen (and plenty more) who have the information, knowledge, patience and suport that made our a site a success.

...and RACHEL , and all of the new people who are on this sight whose energy, enthusiasm and commitment to this WOL make it a wonderful place to be.

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-01, 09:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%
Talking I'm famous!!!

Gee, thanks, Karen, you're a love!!!! (and all you other people are loves too).

Warm fuzzies!
Rachel
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-01, 09:21

Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%

....and you are NOT a "dime a dozen," Wa'il, stop being modest!!!! If it wasn't for you, none of us would be here (well, on this forum, anyway, not in the broader sense!).

Rachel
who is hopefully not getting any broader
...though she may be a broad
.....and she has been abroad, too!

...Shut me up, please!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-01, 09:38
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/186/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 54%
Smile ... hardly a dime a dozen

More like one in a million.

I'm having one of my hunches that this year may not be so bad for your asthma, and all the problems with meds. It might be that your daily jaunt back and forth to work will be just the ticket to keep any gain problems to a minimum or even none at all.

I'll be hoping the best for ya ..

Doreen

p.s.- Rachel, don't shut up. It's a relief to see someone else has these run-on tendencies besides me!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-01, 09:40

Stats: 169/147/107
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up

I think you are ALL amazing, and am very grateful for all that you offer.

Congrats on that fabulous loss, Wa'il. I only hope that some of your stick-to-it-iveness rubs off on me!

#8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-12-01, 11:46

Stats: 226/198/140
BF:
Progress: 33%

Message to Tamarian: I read in one of your posts that you have a hard time controlling your Asthma symptoms and may have to start your meds again. I just recently read a book about magnesium and it mentioned a possible connection of a mag. deficiency and asthma. It gave anecdotal evidence of emergency rooms giving magnesium shots (intravenous) to asthma victims and in a very short time all symptoms had subsided. If i can remember the name of the booklet I read, would you be interested in reading about a natural way to control your problem? I thought it was extremely interesting even though I don't have Asthma.

I hope this gives you some new options to look at that won't stall you weight loss.

Best wishes

Deb
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-12-01, 23:31
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally posted by Deb
If i can remember the name of the booklet I read, would you be interested in reading about a natural way to control your problem? I thought it was extremely interesting even though I don't have Asthma.

Definitly inrerested, I'll give anything a try.

Thanks,

Wa'il
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-01, 07:06

Stats: 226/198/140
BF:
Progress: 33%

Dear Tamarian, sorry I took so long to reply. I don't even have the info yet that I promised you. I will have to go back to the library and do another search. I will try to have this for you by Thursday morning. I am only able to use this site a couple of days a week.

Hang in there,

Deb