Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-01, 12:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/308/200
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hi! Hope it is ok to post a technical question here. I am just wondering if I did something wrong when registering. I have a yahoo messenger account and listed my online name in my profile, but my messages never show me online, like I see some other people's showing. I have messenger running all day, so I don't know why this happens. Is there another login I have to use or something so it shows up? Just wondering.

Thanks if you can help. By the way, finally got my Atkins book in the mail the other day, (remember me, the fly in remote girl!) and my protein packed grocery order and I am on my way to starting a new WOE! Fingers crossed!

Mari
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-01, 12:31
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/186/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 54%
Smile yahoo messenger

hi Mari,

Glad the book finally arrived. As I'm sure you'll discover, there's good shopping and food lists in the index section, also helpful "skeleton" menu plans, where you can fill in your specific daily choices.

About yahoo! ... In the little Yahoo messenger window, select login, then either Privacy Settings or Preferences. Uncheck the box where it asks about being visible to others online. I just looked at this, and it seems to be for Yahoo websites only. Hmmm.. ok, try clicking on My Profile ... you'll be taken to your profile page on the yahoo website, where you can edit all yer personal stuff. On the main edit page, there's a box that you must leave UNchecked if you want others to see your online status.

Hope that helps ...

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-01, 13:17

BF:
Default thanks doreen

Thanks for the words of encouragement, and for the yahoo info. I'll give it a try and see if it works!

Here's hoping!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-01, 13:26
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/186/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 54%
Red face ooops ... left out a detail

Mari, I think you have to close Yahoo messenger, then re-login for any change to take effect.

hth, Doreen
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-01, 10:28

BF:
Default it worked!

Hey Doreen, I just noticed it worked! I did make the changes, but didn't see your log out and back in message until today. By then, I had of course logged in and back out, so here I am, online. Thanks for your help!

Mari